Diablo® III

holy crap we are so op its not even funny PVP

um, patch went live, and i went in with my pve spec, and was one shotting everything with soul harvest, bears when i could actually hit with them, and my garg was doing 3/4 of people's health.
put on a shield and then ptv, with a non pet build, its more hilarious. cause you don't need mana in pvp apparently.
its insane. i can't believe how hilarious this is. I said when pvp comes out the wd is gonna be sick because we have the most CC. its beautiful.

if you want a piece of me, ill be in game =)
Reply Quote
View profile
was like this at start of ptr. people will adapt. thing is most players dont even knw wd exisist so they have no clue whats goin on in a fight vs wd
Reply Quote
Once the melees start stacking mitigation and life regeneration, haunt will be less of the power house it is now.
Reply Quote
maybe you haven't bumped into a good demon hunter yet. just fought this one: http://www.diabloprogress.com/hero/blkdrgn-1658/blkdrgn/17681056. if you can easily beat someone like that, then maybe wd is op.
Reply Quote
I was facerolling everyone in public games last night. I eventually died cuse of low life regen, but my build is not a PVP build and I was still owning the arena. Enjoy it while you can.
Edited by mapasu#1685 on 2/13/2013 5:43 AM PST
Reply Quote
haven't takin my toon too the arena yet but when I do i'm sure it will go as said above.
Reply Quote
Good DH is the most difficult to beat. You will have trouble to see DH when they always smoke screen and vault especially when they have legacy set.
Reply Quote
02/12/2013 07:11 PMPosted by ChuckNorris
was like this at start of ptr. people will adapt. thing is most players dont even knw wd exisist so they have no clue whats goin on in a fight vs wd

this is true for the most part. I still think we have a general leg up in terms on diversity of effective skills and whatnot. I was on last night playing with EvilAl3x and it looks like a shield/ EF is the way to go.

chuck you got any suggestions? Comcast f'd my internet up and now my dl/ul speeds are too low to play online without lag :(

we are gonna switch to verizon soon and I should be good to go again.

btw, I hadnt logged on in like, forever, as you prob know, and I was greeted with literally 8-10 firend requests - all of which were ppl trying to buy my blackthornes....

LOL
Reply Quote
@SayGa,

I was wondering where u had been since your profile has not changed in months and I had it as a reference for my build long ago. Welcome back and find me for some dueling if you fancy it.
Reply Quote
haha yeah its good to be back,

i have been playing some other games, I got the wiiU.

Sonic and All-Stars Racing Transformed in AMAZING fyi.

Like Mario Kart for n64, but 1000 times better. also went back and beat Bastion (amazing as well).

ya i can add you for some dueling later. my internet is still messed up so I go to a friends house to play online...

kinda sad when you pay an ISP $100/mo to NOT stream stuff and NOT dl stuff and NOT use battle.net.

ugh... dont get me started (oh wait, you already did)

lol
Reply Quote
Centurylink here, 45bucks a month for fastest DSL. Overall excellent except when competing against netflix streaming of my little pony from the kid and walking dead from wife.
Reply Quote
SayGa, don't now what part of the country your in. But here in CA. I use Charter, it's the best. I get 30 down and 4 up for 29.99 monthly for the first 12 months.

Back to the OP. WD PVP is nutty. But like what Chuck said, I think people are going to catch on considering they don't know our play styles AT ALL. I had a guy ask me how I was throwing spiders at him and how was I able to turn him into a pig... It's hilarious right now.
Reply Quote
SayGa, don't now what part of the country your in. But here in CA. I use Charter, it's the best. I get 30 down and 4 up for 29.99 monthly for the first 12 months.

Back to the OP. WD PVP is nutty. But like what Chuck said, I think people are going to catch on considering they don't know our play styles AT ALL. I had a guy ask me how I was throwing spiders at him and how was I able to turn him into a pig... It's hilarious right now.

DC/Virginia - We have comcast - IT SUCKS.

I am seriously thinking of switching to verizon.

My download is supposed to be 20, but is actually 9. My upload is supposed to be 4... and is 1 currently.

I am an extremely sad panda.

--------

as for actual thread, yeah I think that ppl will adjust, except for DH's who we just flat out own face if you have high dps and use resentful spirit for haunt. that, and corpse bomb is an unavoidable 1-2 KO, no matter how well geared they are (including legacy nats, which is really cool btw).
Edited by SayGa#1564 on 2/13/2013 9:47 AM PST
Reply Quote
Snake To The Face

GG
Reply Quote
As many have alluded, our glory will be short lived.

I have for the most part been retired from D3 since the holidays - and while I do not have plans yet to unload banked gear, I still have all previous setups.

If the thought of pvp intrigues you, my detailed brawling impressions can be found below. Unfortunately I have confirmed, WDs will not be able to compete in brawling with Barbs at the endgame gear levels available today.

Towards the tail end of PTR I was intrigued by Chuck's challenge post of going ~100-2 in which a Barb named Alienblaster bested him. Although I did not get a chance to play Chuck's new setup, up until that point with both my max ehp and dps pvp dogs setup I was also unbeaten vs the top ehp/pvp players of other classes. I had successfully sought out majority of the top pvp score geared players from d3progress on ptr and I urged them to experiment with a wide range of skills to further our understanding of what worked. I was content the WD class at the highest gear levels would not be bested by outsiders, even if certain WD vs WD setups could hard counter one another internally.

To give you a reference of both, my ehp dogs setup comes in at roughly 1.4m, with 2.53 as. With active healing from dogs it is essentially in the 3.5m hp range. My dps version comes in at 252k dps, at considerably less hp, but is at the theoretical max dps with the setup.

I finally found the Barb Alienblaster on ptr and we had an extended session in the spirit of testing and here are my conclusions. I will not reveal his exact setup, he's earned it - but it's only a matter of time before it goes mainstream. Although I played under conditions of the reduced mana bug, I do not suspect that had much effect on the outcome as pertaining to a dogs setup.

His use of sprint, and crit enhancers along with fury generation allowed him to lap circles around the scorched chapel unhindered. He could not be slowed, and certainly could not be kept up with for more than the duration of our speed buffs. Coupled with extremely high regen, and high block he was able to choose when to fight and engage on his terms, every time. Once at an adequate level of fury I suspect he weapon swapped to a 2hander and proceeded to unload all cds to achieve max crit hota strikes (correct me if it's not possible to retain fury on swap, the animation distorted my view).

If I popped my cds in an effective manner and I was able to land a streak of crits to bring him near death, he sprinted off and reset the fight for 2+ mins to regain cds. Chasing his setup was futile as he was sprinting nearly nonstop while regaining health.

In the absence of a crit streak from my setup I was dead if I stood my ground, while he remained at 25% health on average.

If I chose to run once he engaged to make use of line of sight and wait out his cds I could play to a draw by healing at every open opportunity, however at no point would I be able to engage him at will and thus I felt quite powerless even with that tactic. While the potential to play to a draw with dogs seemed certain, it was a huge chore to maintain.

The other point of contention was that my gear is essentially maxed out for the purpose of the dogs pvp setup. He was at about 90% max potential.

In the end I did manage to kill him once because he refused to back out and I landed a streak of crits while eating 100% crits from him - but when played efficiently he was able to reset the fight and reengage at his discretion every time and there is not a single spell in our lineup that can stop that.

Once his gear composition and play style becomes mainstream, Barbs will not only continue to reign supreme in PVE, but will be untouchable in brawling as well. For now Alienblaster the Barb is the top pvp setup in the game.
Edited by Zekromancer#1328 on 2/13/2013 1:01 PM PST
Reply Quote
View profile
just a fyi I lost to alienblaster simply because he was the first opponent who executed that start to that extreme. I have since devised two different counters to it which at the very least will give me a draw and a good shot a win. I appload him for getting the win and do see it as a legit strat but I tell you he would not get many fans for any one watching the fight and this strat will not become mainstream as many barbs I have talked to do not see this as an honorable way to duel.
Reply Quote
anyone have some suggestions on what works well vs monks?
Reply Quote
um, i came across a broken freaking monk build that irritates me to no end.
blinding flash
seven sided strike
serenity
wave of light
8-9 seconds of "i cant die"
tempest rush with 50% move speed, regenerates 14 spirit per second meaning he never runs out.
he kills me, my dots kill him.
this is worse than the throw barb bs you guys were talking about earlier. just more annoying.
so explain how you beat ^^^
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]