Diablo® III

Sudden Siegebreaker Uber issue

02/13/2013 11:02 AMPosted by silverfire
Hasn't that always been an issue? It sounds like your guys problem is holding CC to begin with.

I haven't tested in 1.07, but in 1.06 SB never picked me up, even when he was not frozen. And I only solo Ubers recently.

So if it's true, it was not an issue back in 1.06.
Reply Quote
Yeah, as I said in my last post, you guys won't notice this much as CM wizards, but I guarantee your party mates have if they ever got picked up by siege while running with you. :)
Reply Quote
Yeah so it's back to Tekk's point

02/12/2013 11:05 PMPosted by TekkZero
But from what I saw on PTR, I think they altered the logic of the Seigebreaker so that if he's under CC effects his default action is now to pick you up rather than do something. Either that or lockdown in general is worse, but I haven't really noticed it in general. My impression is that they may have altered the AIs logic when under CC effects. It would make sense they can make that as an "undocumented" change without outrightly nerfing builds.
Reply Quote
Mm silverfire, I've run the ZK/SB fight a lot back in 1.06, no issues and I don't recall SB picking me up. Other party members have been picked up, sure but not the drop/insta-pickup multiple times in a row like what I saw so far in 1.07. Anyway, will wait until more ppl test this and see, I'm taking a break from ubers for a bit anyway :P
Reply Quote
What would happen even in 1.06 (as someone who has crafted around 100 HF rings with a CM wiz in nearly every run) is that the grab animation would get reset if the wizard casted frost nova while SB had someone else picked up. Normally siegebreaker picks you up, does his animation of squeezing you, and then drops you on the ground. On the other hand, if a wizard attempts to freeze siege while you're picked up, the whole sequence gets reset, and what you end up seeing is siege doing the squeeze animation multiple times before dropping the person he's holding. This extra duration of being held by siegebreaker is enough to be the difference between life and death, and is precisely what this bug is referencing. It's a well known issue for barbs (and I assume other classes) who are experienced with this fight. It's why we normally do not run with an enchantress equipped with an azurewrath or a scoundrel equipped with a buriza when we're soloing for this fight in particular.

I can't speak for the issue you guys are seeing now, but the bug that blizz is referencing has been around forever. In fact, even non-uber siegebreaker does it.
Edited by silverfire#1855 on 2/13/2013 11:57 AM PST
Reply Quote
Oh - that's not what I thought the 'bug' said :) The 'keeping the barb in the air' is a favorite game of mine too, I believe the period is indefinite (and still is, in 1.07) - I've done a few where I've had SB airjuggle a guy until the fight ended. That's not the issue I'm talking about...
Edited by Carnac#1372 on 2/13/2013 12:10 PM PST
Reply Quote
Huh, I always thought the SB "bug" was just something similar to the Madgha "bug," in which both bosses get prevented from finishing their long animation sequence (ie the grab attack for Seigebreaker and Madgha casting her invulnerability shield).
Reply Quote
02/13/2013 12:07 PMPosted by Carnac
Oh - that's not what I thought the 'bug' said :) The 'keeping the barb in the air' is a favorite game of mine too

I lolled. Hey, there's gotta be at least one place in the game where you guys should be allowed to feel more OP than us, right? :p

However, this is precisely what the language of the bug is referring to; the grab being reset when CC is cast, which has been around even in 1.04 and almost definitely earlier.

02/13/2013 12:15 PMPosted by TekkZero
Huh, I always thought the SB "bug" was just something similar to the Madgha "bug," in which both bosses get prevented from finishing their long animation sequence (ie the grab attack for Seigebreaker and Madgha casting her invulnerability shield).

It likely is.
Edited by silverfire#1855 on 2/13/2013 12:31 PM PST
Reply Quote
02/13/2013 12:28 PMPosted by silverfire
Hey, there's gotta be at least one place in the game where you guys should be allowed to feel more OP than us, right? :p

Duh-duh-duh-dang :) Them is fighting words, haha. Nah in all seriousness hota is broken and should be nerfed, hard :P
Reply Quote
Tried running this a few times last night on MP6 could not lock down properly running 3.01 APS and 52%CC. In 1.06 i successfully ran through this pair numerous times on MP7. My ping was 85ms so i dont think lag was an issue. Seems like this pair was buffed in some way.
Reply Quote
@Shordy: Did you run with Cold Snap?
Reply Quote
Well, it's nice to see and know that I'm not the only one noticing a difference with Siegebreaker. As for the 1.07 known bugs list, it doesn't exactly look like it's the same issue, but there is indeed an issue they know about, and hopefully it'll get fixed
Reply Quote
Tried with full SNS: Failed.
Tried with Time Warp, instead of SA @ 3.18 APS Failed
Tried with Current Build, cold snap + prismatic: Failed.
Reply Quote
I did uber10 last night and it felt the same. I was the only mage in the group so I can tell how my freeze was going....and it felt the same.
Reply Quote
do the new changes to seiges logic mean 2 cm wizards are needed for carries?
or to be able to solo carry u need to be at 3.01 brkpoint and then use coldsnap?

Nope. I did uber10 last night....you sould be fine since you're better geared than I am.
Reply Quote
02/13/2013 03:31 PMPosted by Ryoka
I did uber10 last night and it felt the same. I was the only mage in the group so I can tell how my freeze was going....and it felt the same.

You may not notice if anyone else in your group is applying stuns. go MP10 solo (or your highest MP you're comfortable with) and let us know if you notice the difference.
Reply Quote
02/13/2013 03:34 PMPosted by Booby

You may not notice if anyone else in your group is applying stuns. go MP10 solo (or your highest MP you're comfortable with) and let us know if you notice the difference.

No one else was applying stuns. But then again...I've always had 1400 LOH....could be the difference? I dunno. The only part that "felt" harder was that ZK was spamming more slow bubbles...but thats prolly just RNG.
Reply Quote
02/13/2013 03:39 PMPosted by Ryoka

No one else was applying stuns. But then again...I've always had 1400 LOH....could be the difference? I dunno. The only part that "felt" harder was that ZK was spamming more slow bubbles...but thats prolly just RNG.

loh has nothing to do with it. the problem is lockdown. as I stated originally, I NEVER had issues with this uber prior to 107. Lockdown was always constant. Now it's not, and I'm not the only one with the issue. That being said, it seems to be applying to only those of use who are soloing
Reply Quote
I found out this during 1.07 PTR.. basically can't lock him down.
Reply Quote
02/13/2013 03:49 PMPosted by Booby
That being said, it seems to be applying to only those of use who are soloing

so run with two wizzes and no issue at all.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]