Diablo® III

Sudden Siegebreaker Uber issue

Did 2 runs last night. Seemed normal to me. I know my raise skelly from ring set helped mitigate dmg but I wonder if he is always just picking them up.
http://www.diabloprogress.com/hero/hales-1991/Hales/292901
Reply Quote
Finally ran this last night for the first time since patch. Obviously changed, but still not difficult to manage, if you run teleport.

* Start the run like normal, teleport to the right of Kulle and freeze.
* Siege turns into freeze range and they stack up.
(Normally at this point I'd teleport into the middle of the stack to get max proc off storm armor, but this time, don't. Keep Kulle between you and Siege.)
* Have the melee party members bang away like normal. My experience was that the closest toon got picked up.
* When Siege grabs someone teleport just far enough away from the stack that Siege unfreezes, but you keep Kulle locked.
* When Siege drops your teammate/carry, teleport back to your originial position.

It's a little less efficient than before since you probably will get someone picked up 3-5 times in a run, but as long as you don't let Kulle off the chain things are still pretty manageable.
Reply Quote
So After some extensive testing on ubers mp10, key runs mp10 and just general play i have determined that either im mentally retarded (possible but unlikely atm) that Nado's are not criting nearly as much if at all compared to 1.06 i turn off all numbers but crit only cast my Nado's (making sure not to spam wand shots) and even in large groups i see not a single crit runing at 45% cc and 2.73 aps (wicked wind ofc). I've notice that shocking aspect isn't poping off although im inclined to believe this is due to WW not criting. The issue on ubers may not be as much the bosses as without ww criting you can't perma freeze, i wanted to see if anyone else is experincing the same thing and if i can get more wizards (preferable similar crit or 50% plus) to test this with me.

Edit- Forgot to mention im also getting no APOC from just ww (thus how i know its not critting just as a secondary method to proving its just not criting)

Edit-Currently using explosive and meteor to generate apoc and only used ww for LOH(which i've also seen an EXTREAME decline on how much LoH i get back from it)

First off, WW doesn't display crits because of the mechanics of those type of spells. SA should show crits though.

It sounds like you might have just put on the wrong gear or something because no one seems to be having any issues with the build in general, or there would be a lot of feedback on the forums. I have used it myself and didn't notice any changes to my ability to freeze, or my tics, etc. It's also possible there might just be a bug with the "display only crits" option, which I have never used.

If you really think you're getting no APoC from WW, do a test against Ghom where you just cast DS, FN, and WW. It should be pretty clear you get APoC from WW during that test or you'll stay out of AP the entire fight. Just be sure to lure him to a corner to make sure your WW hit 100% of the time.
Reply Quote
actually, the better way in 2 wizzes and 1monk or 1barb scenerio:
just like darshu said go attack Kulle on the right side.
two wizzes freeze with monk or barb.
about half way into Kulle's health, SB will now 100% grab one of you guys.
My choice is that let SB grab monk or barb b/c you rather have two wizzes permafreeze kulle and let it not throw the bubble to slow everything down. So it's better for monk or barb to be the closest to SB.
Let monk or barb take a little break up in the air, enjoy the view while wizzes go work at it. =)
Reply Quote
My choice is that let SB grab monk or barb b/c you rather have two wizzes permafreeze kulle and let it not throw the bubble to slow everything down. So it's better for monk or barb to be the closest to SB.
Let monk or barb take a little break up in the air, enjoy the view while wizzes go work at it. =)

If I'm reading that right, you're saying just let SB play with whoever he grabs? That's what I'd do (and I did the last time I ran the fight because I forgot to change spec to include the IAS bubble so I was at 2.5 APS Breakpoint and didn't want Kulle to get away). Just tell everyone to focus on Kulle and he'll die pretty fast, then you can stop freezing when SB picks someone up.
Reply Quote

If I'm reading that right, you're saying just let SB play with whoever he grabs? That's what I'd do (and I did the last time I ran the fight because I forgot to change spec to include the IAS bubble so I was at 2.5 APS Breakpoint and didn't want Kulle to get away). Just tell everyone to focus on Kulle and he'll die pretty fast, then you can stop freezing when SB picks someone up.
Yep that's what a lot of us our doing now. It works pretty well too. If you're running a MP10 carry, you can have the carry be Seigebreaker bait. I've got some cheap Stormshields for my carries, so they can feel comfortable being the play-toy of the Seigebreaker. :p
Reply Quote
So After some extensive testing on ubers mp10, key runs mp10 and just general play i have determined that either im mentally retarded (possible but unlikely atm) that Nado's are not criting nearly as much if at all compared to 1.06 i turn off all numbers but crit only cast my Nado's (making sure not to spam wand shots) and even in large groups i see not a single crit runing at 45% cc and 2.73 aps (wicked wind ofc). I've notice that shocking aspect isn't poping off although im inclined to believe this is due to WW not criting. The issue on ubers may not be as much the bosses as without ww criting you can't perma freeze, i wanted to see if anyone else is experincing the same thing and if i can get more wizards (preferable similar crit or 50% plus) to test this with me.

Edit- Forgot to mention im also getting no APOC from just ww (thus how i know its not critting just as a secondary method to proving its just not criting)

Edit-Currently using explosive and meteor to generate apoc and only used ww for LOH(which i've also seen an EXTREAME decline on how much LoH i get back from it)
I agree with Loroese that might be doing something not quite right. From my experience, I honestly can't tell a difference between 1.0.6 and 1.0.7, using either my qualitative gut feeling or quantitivate measures of DPS multipliers for SNS. My DPS multiplier for SNS has largely been pretty stable around ~6.4x recently (120ms latency). And 1.0.7 hasn't changed that all. If we weren't getting as many crits with WW as you're claiming, my DPS multiplier would have gone down substantially.
Reply Quote

I agree with Loroese that might be doing something not quite right. From my experience, I honestly can't tell a difference between 1.0.6 and 1.0.7, using either my qualitative gut feeling or quantitivate measures of DPS multipliers for SNS. My DPS multiplier for SNS has largely been pretty stable around ~6.4x recently (120ms latency). And 1.0.7 hasn't changed that all. If we weren't getting as many crits with WW as you're claiming, my DPS multiplier would have gone down substantially.

Did some testing checked my gear still no crits on ww, maybe its something for me personally but i know a few other wizards experiencing this problem. im getting zero apoc on ww, checked to see if it was gear twice other then the bracers (same crit more int) nothing has changed in my build. I don't know if somehow im doing something to trigger the problem (boa gear possible bug?) or if my ww is just not criting because rng is literally !@#$ting on my chest (likely but id like to think not with 10 hours st8 play) as i said idk, but i've almost cut ww out of my build simple because its not working for me atm, im not sure if this is linked to my profile disapearing ( happened around the same time ww stop criting) but it is a problem i may just work ww out of my build since im not reaping any benefit from it, im glad you guys are doing fine id rather it be a player by player problem rather then stealth blizzard nerfs. will continue to test and update thanks for more feedback
Reply Quote
@JewBarb: If you're on the American servers, feel free to add me and we can give you a look over to see if there is anything outstanding. I right now can't see your hero account, so I dunno if that's related to your issues.
Reply Quote
My current gear puts me at 3.8k armor 45% cc 2.73 aps 500 loh (low i know but i run blood magic ((beside the point))) 600 AR 130k~dps unbuffed 53k hp is the run down. I've pretty much worked ww out of the build to look something like EB DS FN MW Meteor Energy Armor (primatic) and its running fairly stable now
Reply Quote
current stats:

3.03aps
49.5cc
17apoc
57k life
544k eHP

even using cold snap at the 3.01+ breakpoint i could not lockdown SB while having the two of them stacked properly. i'm glad i read this cause i was starting to wonder if i was the only one having issues.

so what's our resolution? teamplay > solo?
Reply Quote
well my problem seemed to resolve on its own not sure if i can chalk it up to RNG or odd bug tho
Reply Quote
Has anyone else tested the "decoy" skeletons you get from wailing/ litany ring set for solo? Maybe just luck but I believe the luck may come from them for me. Every cast seems to produce them
Reply Quote
Did a couple runs last night. It's fun to just let him pick someone up right off the bat, then leave him up there the entire fight. I wish I wasn't doing the freezing. No easier job than being sb bait.
Reply Quote
I confirm that beast is bugged or that blizz nerfed the whole cm freeze spec, didnt really notice the difference vs other elites and mobs, but beast is definetely able to grab players even during freeze lock.
Reply Quote
Let's be honest, it probably needed some nerfing. A little extra thinking isn't gonna kill anyone.
Reply Quote
Honestly I just been letting Seige pick me up. My WW's on the ground around him tick enough to refresh Diamond Skin so I don't die. Once he drops me I just continue to freeze. Or hunt down Kulle if he ran off.
Reply Quote
Honestly I'm surprised they applied it to SB and not Kulle, or not to both. That's if the change is intended. Having Kulle running around makes the fight much more difficult than just having someone grabbed by SB the whole time.
Reply Quote
02/16/2013 08:44 AMPosted by TekkZero
The interesting thing is, once SB picks somebody up, the freeze works, since the person being held takes no damage, just like it was in 1.0.6 when SB was properly frozen.
Yep, that's how my group does it now. :)

It is not really a problem with the guys I play with because we do mostly carrys and 9/10 it is the carry that SB picks up.
Reply Quote
I can confirm Darshu's observations. As long as I wasn't the closest to SB, I did not get picked up.

I can also confirm that SB picks people up now and didn't ever in my runs prior to 1.07.

The fight's really no more difficult than it was before ZZZZZZZZZZ oh we're done? Too bad.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]