Diablo® III

Diablo3 is not a failure.

(Locked)

Actually the vast majority of threads have been about how other games are 'what this game should have been' and how this game is dead.

They've been posting that for almost a year now trying to convince us the game sucks.

They've been posting that because most D3 defenders have been saying other games suck, so in return they all come back and throw some balance back in and most know that Forum3 is D3's endgame. lol
Edited by KradisZ#1651 on 2/17/2013 3:19 PM PST
9 million copies sold long after so many people have bashed it to insane levels.
The personal attacks on Jay wilson in my opinion went beyond any common sense or reason.
And I am having way more fun with d3 now then I did with d2. All the classes are a blast to play.
Drop rates are sweet now. Legendaries with the right amount of mf and in 4 person groups drop alot.
And if you want to see the most drops Group play is recommended which is awesome.

Whatever new game Jay works on I look forward to it. Trolls be damned.

The question never was really if it was an failure.

The question is if its an great Hack and Slay game.

lets say your favourite soccer/football team that usually wins lots of tournaments and cups suddenly starts to play mediocre games. Would you not start to ask "whhyyyy"?
25 Blood Elf Priest
02/17/2013 03:22 PMPosted by CrniVuk

It's not as bad as people have made it out to be. It's not quite great yet either. It's worth it to remember that for a lot of people D2 didn't get 'great' either until LOD came out.

So good but not quite great. Yet. Much better now that it was at launch.
Its pretty obvious that the game is dying, but fanboys will never acknowledge that... therefore theres no point in arguing with them.
9 million copies sold long after so many people have bashed it to insane levels.
The personal attacks on Jay wilson in my opinion went beyond any common sense or reason.
And I am having way more fun with d3 now then I did with d2. All the classes are a blast to play.
Drop rates are sweet now. Legendaries with the right amount of mf and in 4 person groups drop alot.
And if you want to see the most drops Group play is recommended which is awesome.

Whatever new game Jay works on I look forward to it. Trolls be damned.

Actually 12 million copies sold, over 60% of them botting accounts. Some people controlling over 100 accounts at once. Less than 500,000 players playing.

Then the biggest fact of them all.. D3 won no awards. If it was a success, it would have won.. simple as that, but it did not.

You need to edit your post to say "To me D3 is not a failure, even though all other points prove otherwise"

*citation required*

It's not as bad as people have made it out to be. It's not quite great yet either. It's worth it to remember that for a lot of people D2 didn't get 'great' either until LOD came out.

it's worth it to remember the 12 years of what made D2 good had no reflection on D3 what soever?... uhh...
Edited by KradisZ#1651 on 2/17/2013 3:29 PM PST
02/17/2013 03:22 PMPosted by CrniVuk

thought it was hack and slash, hack and slay sort of actually insinuates you actually hack the game to slay things.
02/17/2013 03:27 PMPosted by Towelie
Its pretty obvious that the game is dying, but fanboys will never acknowledge that... therefore theres no point in arguing with them.

It is pretty obvious the game is still selling well, but the hatewagon crowd will nerver admit that. Arguing with them is futile, but sometimes fun.
02/17/2013 03:30 PMPosted by DudleyDR

It is pretty obvious the game is still selling well, but the hatewagon crowd will nerver admit that. Arguing with them is futile, but sometimes fun.

your proof?
op is a pandarian warrior
you spend the years the said they had been working on this game and what came out was a game that looked like it was beta tested by 2 year olds. diablo 3 yeah fun to play but gets boring theres no multi play really as in a guild aspect they made it simple enough for a 5 year old to figure it out. the skill and stat system is lame despite what they claim. yeah it has the diablo feel to it without following the first 2 story lines and the same old boring farming and grinding. they could have done alot more with this game with the ammount of sales they should have known they would have the game could have and should have been alot more. me if i was working on this game would have kept a diablo feel to it but made it a mmorpg but they didnt want to do that cuz omg WOW would flop. and the increase drop rates please the point of hard to find gear is ITS HARD TO FIND but people QQ so they give you more QQ the game is to hard to make it eaiser QQ this and that. what could have been and what is is backwords with the time they add to make this game. its pretty much 12million copys sold to have 12million beta testers for this game. cuz really this game is still in beta testing if "the devs" are still asking us for help on how to make it better. they rushed the realse of it cuz people QQ and werent ready for it at all even after having what 6 years or more for this game. thats just what i think yeah i play this game and get board after the same old grind over and over and over lol adhd ftw
02/17/2013 03:27 PMPosted by Moanshadow

Thats where I dissagree. Sorry.

Sure D2 was not perfect, but it had the fundamentals right. And yes, when D2 started it got a lot of criticism but the team behind it worked on them. legendary items and Set items got reworked, more items introduced, less randomness in the loot overall and they made the game a bit easier over time. That was before the release of LoD. LoD was not seen by people as fix really but more as aditional content of high quality. Guess what people will say about the addon for D3? Finally itemisation fixed! If that will ever happen ...

After all, even if D2 and D3 share many mistakes, D2 was less of an frustrating experience in general because the content was not comparable. It was esier to gear up for most of the things in the game and despite the fact that D2 had literaly no end game, it remained entertaining for quite some time.

Everyon should ask him self this, regardless for D2, lets forget D2 here for a moment, but just ask your this. Is Diablo 3 a game that will be interesting for 10 years? If the answer is yes, respect! Then you really love what you have here. But I think many people feel that D3 does not offer enough regarding itemisation and skills to be for a long time entertaining.
I am trying to be as objective as possible, but I highly, highly doubt that this game would have sold as many units as it did, released the way it was, by any other name.
02/17/2013 03:31 PMPosted by KradisZ

your proof?

12 million copies as of 12/31/2012 according to the financila reports. 10 million as of July 31, 2012 according to the financial reports.

If the trend holds they should have another 100+ thousand since the year began. But this is pure speculation on my part.
D3 was a failure. It's no longer a failure but a mediocre game, but it was a failure.

The very fact that the game has changed so much from its initial conception should be evidence alone that blizzard realized it was originally bad.

But that is what happens when you release a game and you don't test it...

It was, however, a financial success.
25 Blood Elf Priest
02/17/2013 03:34 PMPosted by CrniVuk
Thats where I dissagree. Sorry.

That's fine and why I said 'for a lot of people'. The entire discussion is 100% subjective after all and has been from the start.

I played D2 minus LOD for a while and got bored with it. Thought it was good but really had played it out. Then LOD came along and it was like a new game. For me. I played it off and on for years after that and occasionally still break it out.

I quite like D3 now although I thought it was a mess at launch. A beautiful hot mess in a way but still a mess. I generally play a few hours a month and that's fine for me. I actually can keep that up for years.

I agree the itemization scheme is still quite bad. Whether they fix it in an expansion (or ever) remains to be seen. I don't visit the Auction House so my personal game is probably a bit more interesting than most with regard to drops/upgrades. I actually get them and these days more often than I used to. I like the idea of the new BOA stuff and plan to take advantage of that when I have more time to play.

So overall, I remain optimistic. Realistic, too.
Thank you Sephirath.
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]