Diablo® III

does more MF incrase the chance of legendarys and sets?

title says it all, im curious because someone told me its not true.
Reply Quote
yes it does
Reply Quote
It does. When an item drops, it rolls down a list of possible drops until one succeeds. It starts at a legendary/set, 6-affix rare, 5-affix rare, and so on down the line until it hits one. MF directly improves these chances.
Reply Quote
yes it does but unfortunately this game is more RNG based. u can run around with 200-300mf and get 4-6 legs per run and sometimes 0 with 400-500.
Reply Quote
MF works exactly as the description says. if u have +300% MF, u can expect to get 300% more legs and sets.

things NOT affected by MF includes,
1. key and organ drop rates
2. bonus item drop rate
3. chest and destructible drop rate
4. misc. item drop rate (ie. gibbering gemstone)
5. blacksmith plans n jewler designs (i think??)
Reply Quote
02/17/2013 08:38 PMPosted by ShaoQuan
2. bonus item drop rate

Are bonus item drops basically just one more item than the mob would normally drop?
Reply Quote
02/17/2013 08:52 PMPosted by Goodbrew
2. bonus item drop rate

Are bonus item drops basically just one more item than the mob would normally drop?
As far as I know bonus item drop rate only effect by Monster Power. So ya ShaoQuan is right
Reply Quote
You may not notice it but yes, it does increase the chances.

A lot of people say they don't feel like MF does anything for them, but the reality is that the human mind can't really process small increases in yield of legendaries. Increasing MF from 300 to 320 for example - how can you tell the difference unless you did 10000 runs with 300 MF and another 10000 runs with 320 MF and compared the data onjectively?

Also, due to how RNG works, you can have random 'lucky' streaks with zero MF, and random unlucky streaks even with max MF. Add to that the tendency to draw conclusions based on small sample sizes (retard posts that go along the lines of, "I did 3 runs with max MF and no legendaries dropped therefore MF doesn't work") and what you get is all sorts of conspiracy theories that MF is useless, Blizz controls drops, etc.
Edited by Veldin#1214 on 2/17/2013 10:21 PM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]