Diablo® III

[Suggestion] Get rid of white and grey items...

Seriously.... it's code that is useless. NO ONE picks up white items in order to sell them for 9g....

no one uses white items

it irritates the mess out of us to have to click through the whites to get to the yellows (and sometimes the blues if we need crafting mats)

At least in (here comes the D2 reference) D2 certain white (nonmagical items) could be sold for decent money (wands etc)

In this game they are completely WORTHLESS... and I would argue a waste of game resources/memory/processor capacity....
Reply Quote
+1

Agree, well they have their function on low level. On Nightmare and Inferno they are useless. Please remove them from Nightmare and Inferno. It will be a significant improvement,
Reply Quote
+1 too,

Gray and white are pretty much useless, even at lowest most people can survive with blue. *shrug* lets go a bit further, remove blue from inferno as well. Let the drop only Gold, rare and legendary. Those gray, white and blue drop actually clutter the screen and provide nothing but annoyance.
Reply Quote
+1
Reply Quote
OR..... an acceptable compromise Blizzard.... would be to allow pots/books/and gems to be auto looted like gold.....

For real.... that mess gets annoying
Reply Quote
Fully agree, white and grey really should be removed from nightmare, hell and inferno.

i imagine the coding for doing that would be a nightmare though.
Reply Quote
OR..... an acceptable compromise Blizzard.... would be to allow pots/books/and gems to be auto looted like gold.....

For real.... that mess gets annoying

or this.
Reply Quote
I'd rather make white items a component in crafting, and let them retain their original stats. (Like D2).
Reply Quote
This has been suggested since like forever.
Most useless detail: you can filter in the AH between 3 different subclasses of white items. :)
And they get names like "exceptional archon armor" and still are worth only 8g.
Reply Quote
A few friends of mine and myself have picked up some white gear recently so that we can pvp using them. The bouts last longer and actually obtain a skill component.
Edited by Fuha#1913 on 2/16/2013 5:31 AM PST
Reply Quote
Lets get this thread some more attention

BUMP
Reply Quote
02/16/2013 02:27 AMPosted by Fegelein
I'd rather make white items a component in crafting, and let them retain their original stats. (Like D2).

Give them some use, like crafting new gears instead of gold, requires a white/grey version of that gear.

In D2, you can use them for metal golems, and orange uniques.

Or maybe can salvage them into gunpowder of sorts and deal a one-time powerful damage after gathering a few of them.
Reply Quote
You can get rid of grey items, but not white items. There has to be a lowest level item that is useless. Even blues can be disenchanted into something more useful than the gold they sell for.
Reply Quote
No they shouldn't. Diablo is about loot explosion. I'd rather have less yellows, but with better stats on average. Or as somone suggested:

02/16/2013 02:23 AMPosted by PoliScikosis
an acceptable compromise Blizzard.... would be to allow pots/books/and gems to be auto looted like gold.....
Reply Quote
+1

or just change drop rates to drop less of everything but better quality
Reply Quote
every mob should drop one best in slot legendery item with max stats thats auto looted and auto equipped.
Reply Quote
02/16/2013 10:49 AMPosted by Fost
every mob should drop one best in slot legendery item with max stats thats auto looted and auto equipped.

go troll somewhere else
Reply Quote
02/16/2013 10:51 AMPosted by PoliScikosis

go troll somewhere else

Someday, when it no longer amuses me.
Reply Quote
An option to filter them from the HuD should be enough. They need to be there because they play a role in the RNG process, but we don't need to see them cluttering the ground.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]