Diablo® III

How Crafting Failed! A sad story.

02/17/2013 07:08 AMPosted by Raistlin
This is Diablo and this game is based on Economy first. Best things in this game should cost 5billion + Yes I said billions

Wrong. The game is based on farming which drives the market and economy around it. Skipping that crucial step really invalidates the premise of what you are saying. And the best items in the game do sell for billions..just not on the ah or rmah.

Wrong. The game is based on farmang and sales on 3rd party websites that were in competition with each other which kept items affordable. The captive marketplace established by blizzard has provided the means for price fixing and gross over charging.

Any questions?
Reply Quote
View profile
02/17/2013 07:59 PMPosted by Maps
would cost 400 million of hard fought gold instead of 40 billion of bought gold. And without the RMAH gold would be of greater value and naturally item prices would reflect that.

No. because it still would of gone for 40billion gold with or without RMAH. Gold would of been bought from a 3rd party site. You don't get it. If there is no RMAH still a majority of player will then be forced to a 3rd party site to buy it. Diablo items have always had a cash value for them. d2 everyone ebayed. RMAH just brings it in game. That item wasn't even traded in Diablo it was done threw D2jsp. A 3rd party site they arranged and monitored the deal. So no AH cut. nada. nothing to do with the RMAH.
Edited by Abomb247#1301 on 2/18/2013 4:18 AM PST
Reply Quote
View profile
02/17/2013 08:49 PMPosted by ShadowAegis
According to the OP you should have to come to him and others like him to buy all of your plans, gears, crafting mats, etc... You do not deserve to have them. Well OP Blizz disagrees with you and they are the ones that have the final say. I say that the crafting plans are dropping at a rate that I like. I can now finally get both artisans where they have all plans within a reasonable time. I only had a few plans prior to this patch.

Blizz disagrees for now. But most of the players don't want Boa's ruining crafting. I feel crafting can be great again. That mats will continue to go up to maybe even a astronomical lvl which would be good. Just plans shouldn't be common. Legendray drop plans are good on drop rate. Just plans should be worth something. So when your farming. Its a reward to find it and you can be like sweet. found a Ammy plans 20mil awesome made my day. Now its 20k and meh. or you don't even pick it up. When you stop picking up plans. or items. Then something is seriously broke. This plans and items should hold a value. If they didn't then crafting failed. You can't argue that point.
Edited by Abomb247#1301 on 2/18/2013 4:19 AM PST
Reply Quote
View profile
02/18/2013 04:17 AMPosted by Abomb247
According to the OP you should have to come to him and others like him to buy all of your plans, gears, crafting mats, etc... You do not deserve to have them. Well OP Blizz disagrees with you and they are the ones that have the final say. I say that the crafting plans are dropping at a rate that I like. I can now finally get both artisans where they have all plans within a reasonable time. I only had a few plans prior to this patch.

Blizz disagrees for now. But most of the players don't want Boa's ruining crafting. I feel crafting can be great again. That mats will continue to go up to maybe even a astronomical lvl which would be good. Just plans shouldn't be common. Legendray drop plans are good on drop rate. Just plans should be worth something. So when your farming. Its a reward to find it and you can be like sweet. found a Ammy plans 20mil awesome made my day. Now its 20k and meh. or you don't even pick it up. When you stop picking up plans. or items. Then something is seriously broke. This plans and items should hold a value. If they didn't then crafting failed. You can't argue that point.

First of all BoA's will only put a dent into the ones that are overpricing their wares. Bringing them down to more of a realistic price. Sure the gear with near perfect or perfect rolls can still be in the billions of gold. But not the mid range high end gear. Some of that gear is way overpriced according to what I have read here. And I have not seen hardly anyone disagree with them on that point. So then the devs need to make the game where you are a glorified vacuum cleaner sucking up everything in your path huh. No they do not it is okay to leave things behind that you do not want. Where there are only a few things that matter to your character.

So I guess if I were to decrease the drop rates of plans for you, then here is what I would propose. Make them drop at a rate of .01% of what the legendary drop rate was at launch. So then players like you that would find them once in a blue moon would go WoW I just found something worth billions of gold right. Under that idea then why not make all things with crappy drop rates, huh. Then you would be raking in billions for those items.

Blizz does not agree with you on plans. They are just that plans that you can train your artisans. Who ever said they had to be some of the most expensive items in the game. It is okay for some items to sell for a lot and others to sell for a little. That is the way the real world economy works bub.
Reply Quote
Then I'm glad they implemented the BoA items. Now go play something else where you can make billions for flipping items, that time has run out here.

Enjoy BoA items,where EVERYONE can have it,even beginners
Reply Quote
But guys, the recipes are rare so that means they should be rare, duh.. Cus we don't get 4 rares off of 1 mob or anything ever.... nope.
Reply Quote
In other words,

Dear Blizzard,

I play 12 hours per day, and think everyone else should too.

Thanks,
Abomb247
Reply Quote
02/17/2013 06:17 AMPosted by SneakyDog
Why does everything in the game have to be about value in the AH?
Reply Quote
02/18/2013 04:13 AMPosted by Abomb247
Gold would of been bought from a 3rd party site.
. Nowhere near as many people would be willing to risk losses by getting scammed by third party sites. And Ebay no longer deals in virtual items due to complaints. The RMAH is directly linked to the GAH that it behooves people to buy gold rather than farm it. In fact, the AH is the main means of trade in the game unlike Diablo 2 where you needed to find/create a game.

02/18/2013 04:13 AMPosted by Abomb247
d2 everyone ebayed

Not so. I was able to afford everything by farming. And for super elite items all I needed to do was package together a few really good items that worked together to get them.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]