Diablo® III

Waller is a broken affix

Nerf "Waller"? Really!?!?! F__ing "Waller"?!?!
Reply Quote
All this people saying bullsh*t... waller IS broken, it even has been acknowledged by Blizzard. If you haven't seen it, it's when a pack cast the waller affix just above your player and you can't move it to any direction, dunno other classes, but I can't even teleport out with my wizard. And if you have seen it, and you think it's ok, well, you could as well play with only a hand and blind folded if you are that masochist.
Edited by TheZleX#1248 on 2/19/2013 11:40 AM PST
Reply Quote
On one hand, I see a lot of H.C. characters making it through the game or very far in progression through the 4 levels of difficulty. Apparently, waller isn't an issue for them (nor the other affixes).

On the other hand, waller is a bone of contention with me for the very reason you are mentioning. I have been cornered many times with a waller affix where mortar, desecrator and/or molten have gotten me. I find this more so now that 1.07 is out as plague now is overpowered and I cannot avoid dying in it whenever I am frozen or walled within it.

However, since I am not an H.C. player, I take the good with the bad - and sometimes the heart-stopping fear of death 9where I can narrowly escape it or barely make it out alive) makes for an interesting game session for me.

Is it broken? No...does it need a little looking into? Probably. I guess it depends on the purpose of waller - is it to shield the elite pack or is it to curb your movement or is it to corner you to take more damage...i am not too sure.
Reply Quote
02/17/2013 05:48 PMPosted by Detnyj
The only issue I have ever had with Waller (and it still happens) is when the wall drop directly on my WD and I can not move at all.

THIS
Reply Quote
02/17/2013 05:02 PMPosted by Glock
When you get "waller" plus "vortex" plus one of the DoT like affixes it's the worst... no amount of "skill" in the world will change anything. It's just a matter of gear. This is how WoW was... and there are a lot of little thing in here... balance wise... that scream WoW... and not Diablo.

Agreed to some degree.

You have no idea what you are saying. Did you even play diablo 2 heavily? Do you remember iron maiden? Do you remember the vipers in nilithaks temple? Do you remember Uber mephisto? Diablo 2 was HEAVILY about gear, and no matter HOW good your gear was, iron maiden and the vipers previously mentioned WOULD one shot you, like litteraly no matter how good your gear was.

Of course, we remember. The problem with D3 combat system is that those affixes make you lose control of your character. I don't recall they had such thing that made you lose control of your character in D2. If you can't even control your character, it's all about how good your gear is and how lucky you are to avoid being killed. In D2, you can go naked and dodge around stuff because none of the mobs would make you lose control.
Nonetheless, there are more than one affix that will make your character lose control in D3. It's seriously a stupid game that relies heavily on luck. (It's also the problem that drags the leg back of promoting variety builds. That's because people would go for skills that make them avoid the loss of control. Look at the most popular skills being use, aren't they 95% are useful for avoiding loss of control.)
*Maybe I didn't describe it better, but think about each act boss and then compare them to those stupid affix like Fear, Vortex, Knockback, etc. It's possible to go naked and dodge the act bosses but it's impossible to do so with the elites that have those mentioned affixes. And if it's not for better loots and time efficiency, I'd rather fight the bosses.

Hell, they couldn't even make the itemization appealing in a stress-able RNG manner.
The whole game is based on LUCK if you don't play the pay-to-win way.
It's a restless, farming game for endgame content where you just farm, farm, and farm... oh well, I'm going off-topic. Gonna stop here.
Edited by MisterAjikko#1937 on 2/19/2013 1:10 PM PST
Reply Quote
View profile
Are there not enough things that get directly nerfed in favor of glass cannon crybabies?

LETS COUNT THEM UP!

1. In 1.0.3 damage in Act 2 was reduced by 66%. Basically you receive 1 damage for every 3.

2. In 1.0.3 damage in Act 3 and 4 were reduced by 80%. Basically you recieve 1 damage for every 5.

3. Soul Ripper and Herald of Pestilence damage cut in half on top of current damage nerfs.

4. Colossal Golgor damage cut by 75% on top of the current damage nerfs.

5. Half of the enemies that ran away are now scripted to walk into you.

6. Enrage timers on all elites have been removed.

7. Elites no longer self-heal when they aren't in combat.

8. Repairing your gear no longer costs plenty to do.

9. Invulnerable Minions was deemed far too difficult for a glass cannon and thus got removed.

10. Shielding was deemed far too difficult for a glass cannon and got nerfed into the ground. The first nerf was to duration and cooldown. The second nerf was that it could only be up on one monster at a time.

11. Molten damage was reduced. Plagued damage raised to the damage that the nerfed molten is doing.

12. Reflect damage has been deemed far too difficult for a glass cannon and has been the glass cannon's bane since the start. This ability is no longer passive and is removed. It's replaced with an activated effect like how shielding works. Even this will probably be nerfed further...

13. Illusionist has been deemed too powerful on Act 3's keywarden by the glass cannon masses that don't want their farming runs slowed down or made tougher and has been removed.

14. Arcane has been nerfed and no longer stacks in several different areas as the ability is designed to be "more spaced out" now.

15. Nightmarish has been deemed too powerful and got nerfed. You can no longer get chain feared and will have immunity for a specific amount of time to recasts. Duration also lowered.

16. Demonic Tremors spawned with 1 additional affix to elites and rare packs to make up for its' immobility. This was another mechanic that made rerunning act 3 less efficient and had to be nerfed and removed at all costs.

17. In 1.0.3 in addition to all the damage nerfs, ALL normal melee attacks of all monsters had been additionally cut in half...stacking on top of the previous damage nerfs.

18. Mortar has been redesigned to "increase the minimum range of its' deadzone". Also there is a graphic on the ground that shows where mortar shots will land.

19. Jailer has been nerfed to the same extent that nightmarish has been in the way it was redesigned.

20. Diablo's Shadow Clones had their damage reduced significantly.

And those are just ones I can think of off the top of my head.

From the website...
Waller:
Monsters with the waller affix create walls that can trap you or block your path to the monster summoning them. Summoned walls will vanish after a few seconds – if you can afford to wait.

Walls are supposed to trap you and block paths to the monster summoning them. This is basically like crying about extra health because it takes longer to kill them. But you guys don't cry about extra health because DPS isn't hard...

Someone should sticky this individual post alone. Oh and make it come up on the Terms of Agreement every time you log in...
Reply Quote
Who cares? if youre you whould always read elites you should always read their affixes and approach them accoridingly, if you know youre going up against a waller you should avoid certian situiations like ending up in a corner, then seperate them and kill em 1 at a time. just because youre not good at this game, you shouldnt be crying "nerf nerf pls pls" man up.
Edited by Dominican#1927 on 2/19/2013 1:28 PM PST
Reply Quote
It's true that waller can trap you horribly sometimes, and it's especially bad with molten or plagued (now) or desecrator in certain situations, but considering you aren't doing hc, you can't really complain...
Reply Quote
but I don't understand why we can't destroy walls while we can destroy some building pillars in one single blow even with the cheapest, lowest DPS dagger, or bare fists.
Reply Quote
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/7924373689
Reply Quote
02/17/2013 06:05 PMPosted by Sylonce
Make the walls destructible (give them life+armor)
Reply Quote
LOL silly noobs complaining about affix' what else is new :P Kids just want everything handed to them now...
Reply Quote
02/19/2013 03:36 PMPosted by OeSYonamine
Reply Quote
Are there not enough things that get directly nerfed in favor of glass cannon crybabies?

LETS COUNT THEM UP!

1. In 1.0.3 damage in Act 2 was reduced by 66%. Basically you receive 1 damage for every 3.

2. In 1.0.3 damage in Act 3 and 4 were reduced by 80%. Basically you recieve 1 damage for every 5.

3. Soul Ripper and Herald of Pestilence damage cut in half on top of current damage nerfs.

4. Colossal Golgor damage cut by 75% on top of the current damage nerfs.

5. Half of the enemies that ran away are now scripted to walk into you.

6. Enrage timers on all elites have been removed.

7. Elites no longer self-heal when they aren't in combat.

8. Repairing your gear no longer costs plenty to do.

9. Invulnerable Minions was deemed far too difficult for a glass cannon and thus got removed.

10. Shielding was deemed far too difficult for a glass cannon and got nerfed into the ground. The first nerf was to duration and cooldown. The second nerf was that it could only be up on one monster at a time.

11. Molten damage was reduced. Plagued damage raised to the damage that the nerfed molten is doing.

12. Reflect damage has been deemed far too difficult for a glass cannon and has been the glass cannon's bane since the start. This ability is no longer passive and is removed. It's replaced with an activated effect like how shielding works. Even this will probably be nerfed further...

13. Illusionist has been deemed too powerful on Act 3's keywarden by the glass cannon masses that don't want their farming runs slowed down or made tougher and has been removed.

14. Arcane has been nerfed and no longer stacks in several different areas as the ability is designed to be "more spaced out" now.

15. Nightmarish has been deemed too powerful and got nerfed. You can no longer get chain feared and will have immunity for a specific amount of time to recasts. Duration also lowered.

16. Demonic Tremors spawned with 1 additional affix to elites and rare packs to make up for its' immobility. This was another mechanic that made rerunning act 3 less efficient and had to be nerfed and removed at all costs.

17. In 1.0.3 in addition to all the damage nerfs, ALL normal melee attacks of all monsters had been additionally cut in half...stacking on top of the previous damage nerfs.

18. Mortar has been redesigned to "increase the minimum range of its' deadzone". Also there is a graphic on the ground that shows where mortar shots will land.

19. Jailer has been nerfed to the same extent that nightmarish has been in the way it was redesigned.

20. Diablo's Shadow Clones had their damage reduced significantly.

And those are just ones I can think of off the top of my head.

Walls are supposed to trap you and block paths to the monster summoning them. This is basically like crying about extra health because it takes longer to kill them. But you guys don't cry about extra health because DPS isn't hard...

Someone should sticky this individual post alone. Oh and make it come up on the Terms of Agreement every time you log in...

And people still want nerfs? LOL pathetic, they must really suck at d3
Reply Quote
I think adding health to walls and an explosion cinematic once you deal enough damage would be AWESOME.
Reply Quote
02/19/2013 04:15 PMPosted by KeyserSöze
I think adding health to walls and an explosion cinematic once you deal enough damage would be AWESOME.
Add reflect damage and life drain, too. :D
Reply Quote
Edited by Satori#6756 on 2/19/2013 4:33 PM PST
Reply Quote
my only real problem with waller is that it can sometimes glitch me in the wall so that i cant move, nor can i cast spells.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]