Diablo® III

Waller is a broken affix

Yesterday I was walled on the staircase at stonefront. It walled me in a weird triangle shape which there was no inch to spare on all sides. I couldn't move at all. Fire and ice made it worse. Luckily it was only mp5 so I escaped it after using all my preparation and health potion. So yes I agree that in small areas the walling is terrible. Another problem is when a wall is right over you.
Reply Quote
The crowd control applied to players in this game is hilarious. Waller is the funniest one. I swear theres a split second after a mob walls themselves off from you that they pause and say "derp". I don't even care anymore though. Serenity on my monk, wrath on my barb call it a day.
Reply Quote
Waller is fine. Quit whining.
Reply Quote
effing losers complain about everything. waller is not broken. learn to effing play.
Reply Quote
Waller:
Monsters with the waller affix create walls that can trap you or block your path to the monster summoning them. Summoned walls will vanish after a few seconds – if you can afford to wait.

LTP
Reply Quote

It has been awhile since I played the DH, but I seem to remember that Smokescreen drops aggro, and Vault will get you through the walls.. (teleport-like ability). If you want to hit baddies to gain life, try hitting ones that aren't on the other side of the wall..

Smokescreen will make you immune for 1.5 seconds. Walls last much longer. Smokescreen is extremely expensive as a resource and can only be used twice with the default amount of discipline. Discipline regen is typically done through hitting, walls block those hits. So in the end, you die.
Vault does NOT go through walls. I wish.

02/18/2013 06:15 PMPosted by WhoopinOnYou
This is an easy avoidance though... you are never walled in with no exit. I just run towards the pack when I'm boxed in and vault right passed them with a little ToC. If they are trailing molten or something like that, I hit Gloom and then vault passed them. I can't remember when I was killed because of being walled...but like I said previously...just constant walls in front my face, blocking every shot, is annoying. Not a big deal though.

I've been completely walled in many times with no possibility of escape (and I'm not referring to the wall being laid directly on top of me either).
That said, I agree with your escape mechanism. I do the same. And yes, it is annoying. However, for players who don't have nice gear and have little discipline, it often results in death.
Reply Quote
lol everyones just telling this guy how hes a jerk for asking for a waller nerf!
Reply Quote
Nerf waller, this game is soooooo hard already.
Reply Quote
Waller functions fine, it just needs a slightly longer cooldown. Gets really spammy occasionally.
Reply Quote
only time waller pisses me off is when it bugs out and SPAWNS ONTOP OF ME cant move up,down, left or right WTF?
Reply Quote
I love how people say "Read the affixes" when Waller isn't an affix you have time to read by the time it's going on. It's like. "BOOM WALLS" and then you react. if you're lucky, they work as intended, and you can adjust. if you get trapped in a clusterf*ck of walls and can't move at all, you're screwed. There's no time to read affixes in the heat of battle especially in A3, where we ALL farm.
Reply Quote
02/19/2013 08:12 PMPosted by Oni
I love how people say "Read the affixes" when Waller isn't an affix you have time to read by the time it's going on. It's like. "BOOM WALLS" and then you react. if you're lucky, they work as intended, and you can adjust. if you get trapped in a clusterf*ck of walls and can't move at all, you're screwed. There's no time to read affixes in the heat of battle especially in A3, where we ALL farm.
I can read them fine in HC, so whats your problem? LOL get your eyes checked maybe, or stop being so lazy
Reply Quote
02/19/2013 01:29 PMPosted by Scorch
It's true that waller can trap you horribly sometimes, and it's especially bad with molten or plagued (now) or desecrator in certain situations, but considering you aren't doing hc, you can't really complain...

Exactly. Until you lose a level 60(2) monk to a pack of decently fast skeletons with waller/newplagued/arcanesentry/desecrator in a fairly cramped area, cry me a river.
Reply Quote
02/19/2013 08:16 PMPosted by rizoh
I can read them fine in HC, so whats your problem? LOL get your eyes checked maybe, or stop being so lazy

I just faced an elite pack surrounded by a bunch of fallen lunatics hidden behind a door in the act 3 keeps. Quickly vaulted away, got vortexed back into them, arcane sanctuary halved my hp, a couple fallen lunatics finished me off.

Has nothing to do with wallers, just pointing out sometimes you just don't have the time to read affixes. As a SC player though, I don't really care about affixes other than RD (so as not to lay all my spike traps in one shot) but now that they have that animation, don't even need to bother checking for that either. But it does happen that there's no time to read affixes or the pack is hidden behind a wall/door.
Reply Quote
walls only get troublesome when they form a triangle which completely cuts you off and you cant move at all (essentially "Jailed"). add some desecrate / plague / molten / arcane and it becomes annoying.

however this doesn't happen every time and lets face it luck should still have some impact in combat. elites SHOULD be difficult when playing increased MP on Inferno difficulty, the game needs some challenge.
Reply Quote
02/19/2013 08:30 PMPosted by JLxConcepT
Oh no! Waller forces me to use my brain! Mommy, can we plz ask Blizz to nerf waller? Plz, plz, plz?! I wanna go full ape mode.

How is being stuck and unable to move require you to use your brain? I can accept it as it doesn't happen often but I'd hate to play a HC character and get stuck like that. As for you not wanting something to be nerfed, I'm assuming you're steam rolling MP10 with all 5 classes? Congrats!
Reply Quote
omg! waller is OP! so is Jailer and Vortex!
I hate them especially with plauge, molten, arcane, desecrate, firechain!

ohh how about those fear guys too.. they are soo annoying .. hm come to think of it so is knock back and if you play range the missles dampening!

I hate electricity, teleport, fast as well grrr

maybe jsut make elite that has extra health, health link = ) that'll be better

ohh and also buff reflects as well since they're so weak now... like make all elites extra health, health link, reflects and illusionist, that'll be alot easier and fun =D

/end sarcasm ;)

no seariously .. every class has it's hard affixes ... it's okay if you can't beat them all .. just play smart against those harder affixes for your class .. like don't chaces those molten monsters in their trail if you're a barb or monk and don't nuke reflects when they're up if you're a glass cannon

and don't stand where the bombs are going to land if you're range move in a bit or move out or use stutter steps
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]