Diablo® III

The over buffed poison.

100 Undead Mage
02/17/2013 09:12 AMPosted by Araphel
Pro tip: don't stand in the green pools.

Well I (used to) stand in everything on my Barbarian because he had maxed out resistances so I took no damage and was able to HOTA everything.
Reply Quote
100 Undead Mage
02/17/2013 09:18 AMPosted by JJLXL
You want ridiculous. Try standing on those fire grates in the breached keep in act 3. They virtually one shot you.

Get some resistance+health, problem solved.
Reply Quote
[/quote]You want ridiculous. Try standing on those fire grates in the breached keep in act 3. They virtually one shot you.[/quote]

Blazing guardians are the only legitimate OP damage.

that fireball pool burns you faster than molten/desc/plague combined
Edited by SkiTz#1750 on 2/17/2013 5:30 PM PST
Reply Quote
Its called get better at the game. Don't stand in the green stuff, just like last patch you knew not to stand in the orange stuff.
Reply Quote
You dont have enough resists, armor, or life return. Fix those issues, and youll be fine.
Reply Quote
02/17/2013 06:32 PMPosted by Khyras
How elite packs work in this game: CC+AoE.That is it.Annoying and boring and dumbed down. How about giving elite packs unique mechanics so that you can beat them by using skill+gear not just gear.If i spend money on RMAH and buy best gear there is i can just ignore CC+AoE from elites, how stupid is that.D3 is hardcore pay to win .

Unique mechanics like ignore player's defense?
Reply Quote
02/17/2013 09:19 AMPosted by BunnyMan
If the poison damage is fine, then why can i stand in 1-2 desicration stacks on m7 and do just fine. When comes to the plauge, I can do the same thing. Please explain that.

If you can do the same thing.....why did you create this thread...sounds like you doing ok to me.....unless you mean can't....in which case.....lol
Edited by stalkerfan#6483 on 2/17/2013 8:24 PM PST
Reply Quote
i think they buffed plague too much especially since multiple instances of it can stack, basically its a much stronger desecration which doesnt expire and covers a much larger area.
Reply Quote
View profile
yes plagued is op, i think if they made it so it didnt stack on top of each other it would be fine.

but right now plagued pools overlap and stack and make it absurd, especially when you have other dot affixes like desecrator or molten in the mix
Reply Quote
02/17/2013 09:12 AMPosted by Araphel

^^^
I'm glad I don't raid in MMO's anymore, I couldn't stand people standing in obvious poison pools/fire/pits/spikes/huge zone that screams an alarm directed at the player in the zone and tell him to GTFO of there, anymore.

Also, plague shouldn't be any problem at all on any of the ranged classes.
It's not a problem for the barb either, barbs can just swim in plague/molten/wtv with their 2395239523 life-leeching tornado hits.

So the only class that has minor problems with poison is the monk really...
But it's not that bad of a problem. It's just that we're so used to just keep fighting the ennemy in plague pools becuase it didn't deal any damage pre 1.0.7
Reply Quote
View profile
02/17/2013 08:49 PMPosted by blood

^^^
I'm glad I don't raid in MMO's anymore, I couldn't stand people standing in obvious poison pools/fire/pits/spikes/huge zone that screams an alarm directed at the player in the zone and tell him to GTFO of there, anymore.

Also, plague shouldn't be any problem at all on any of the ranged classes.
It's not a problem for the barb either, barbs can just swim in plague/molten/wtv with their 2395239523 life-leeching tornado hits.

So the only class that has minor problems with poison is the monk really...
But it's not that bad of a problem. It's just that we're so used to just keep fighting the ennemy in plague pools becuase it didn't deal any damage pre 1.0.7

first of thunder/ thunderclap (the only usable spirit generator)
teleports you to the mob. meaning even if you try to relocate yourself and attack from a different angle it will teleport you back to the same spot.

the ONLY way i have found to fight elites with plagued is to disengage run out of plauged and use cyclone strike to pull them to the new non-plagued spot where i can attack them. but that only lasts for about 2-4 second before more plagued drop down at that location and i need to move and cyclone them too me again.. the only issue with this is not "all" types of mobs can be pulled by cyclone strike. many of the larger ones can't which makes plagued very hard to fight
Reply Quote
OMG theres a danger of dying NERF IT! You iphone generation gamers are pathetic.
Reply Quote
02/17/2013 08:55 PMPosted by Fingerling
OMG theres a danger of dying NERF IT! You iphone generation gamers are pathetic.

I think they went way too far. My barb has nice ar and armor and I was able to fight mobs in lava last patch. This one I have to kite way way too much. There is hard but this is beyond. They increased it too much.
Reply Quote
No they didn't. & no it shouldn't be nerfed.

I have a much simpler solution to the problem if it hasn't been mentioned already.

Grow a pair.
Reply Quote
View profile
It's fine. Learn to adjust.
Reply Quote
As a monk, with only single lifesteal, 500AR and 33k HP, I have no problem with plague

Anyway, another way to play, get another spirit generator like deadly reach or use wave of light and just avoid standing in the pool, problem solved
Reply Quote
Huh? Pools damage now?

Wouldn't know. I laugh at them on MP10 with my gg cm wiz.

If you aren't a tank, your not meant to tank. True facts.
Reply Quote
i m ww+rend with bloodlust rune barb.. 600 ar some lower wth pathetic 38k ish hp in mp7. no probs standing in anything. just needs better ar. i get farked up if i dont rend before jailer and ice mobs tho
Edited by DodgeThis#1854 on 2/17/2013 10:17 PM PST
Reply Quote
It feels like the plague stacks like desecrator to me. I think they should add an icon so you can see how many stacks you are standing on. I'm a pretty tanky barb and have no problem tanking them on mp10 but had a few oh !@#$ moments after i killed an elite and had to run to another one to get my life steal going again. Seems like if 3 or 4 of them get stacked up, they do a lot of damage. Just be nice to know what damage to expect from them. It feels inconsistent. An icon would be a simple fix.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]