Diablo® III

Increase Demonic Essence Drop Rate

Last night me and 3 other friends farming all the whole act 3 from Stonefort to Azmodan. We did not stop there; we went to act 4 - kill Diablo at MP 7.

If I am not mistaken, MP7 gives about 30% of chance to drop DE. However, I got only 12 DE. My friends had 15-17 DE.

I think its too low. I would like to see the drop rate of this material increases a little.
Edited by Atenolol#1204 on 2/17/2013 2:32 PM PST
Reply Quote
View profile
A4 is not very good for elite density, youll find a3 and even a2 to be far better for it.
Reply Quote
Surprisingly, last night, I couldn't go 50 yards without running into an elite pack on Act 4. I was quite astonished (in a good way). However, I felt I wasn't getting enough Demonic Essences (I started on act 3 and worked to act 4). I counted 40 elite packs and only got 6 essences. Then I did the math and noticed I was spot on 15% (MP1). It just feels like crap RNG but it was exactly as expected.

6 DE for 40 packs is an awful ratio but it was MP1 so I can't complain I guess. Of course I wish the drop rate was better as I've crafted over 100 items and barely got 2 upgrades for 2k dps each which is pretty lame and my gear isn't even that good. I guess in the end, they're getting me to play more though so their intention is working.
Reply Quote
i don't craft right now but i think it would be good for blizzard and everyone to increase the drop rate of DE. reason being is that it will encourage more crafting therefore more gold will be taken out of the economy. with less gold floating around, the value of gold will increase, meaning those who prefer getting their gear from the AH will get them cheaper. also, less buyer because of crafting, the lower the prices of gear will go. so yes, it would be good to increase it.
cheers!
Reply Quote
Honestly, I already have way more than I can even use. 1 essence drops a lot more often than the 50k+ crafting cost.

Give it a few months & players will end up with more essences than storage space, gold will be the new bottleneck.
Reply Quote
Thanks for the inputs guys.

And yes, I feel the drop rates are too low. I just want to craft my glove and amulet (which is pretty good). So it takes alots more than 100 crafting to upgrade. 100 DE are hard to get in my opinion. I willing to sink my gold to zero...just give me more DE.
Reply Quote
Honestly, I already have way more than I can even use. 1 essence drops a lot more often than the 50k+ crafting cost.

same boat here.. no funds.. 160 de to use.
Reply Quote
Last night me and 3 other friends farming all the whole act 3 from Stonefort to Azmodan. We did not stop there; we went to act 4 - kill Diablo at MP 7.

If I am not mistaken, MP7 gives about 30% of chance to drop DE. However, I got only 12 DE. My friends had 15-17 DE.

I think its too low. I would like to see the drop rate of this material increases a little.

I dunno about you bud, but im close to 1 per minute on mp3.
Reply Quote
I got > 200+ de and I'm not even using it. my limitation seems to be tomes of secret and iridiscent tears. (yes, i craft all 3)., as well as perfect gems. so DE is only a limitation if you want to splurge money on the AH to buy all the other crafting gear.

so it seems like its working. DE limits pay to win.
Reply Quote
I think they should be increased as well. I would like to see about a 10-15% increase at all levels of MP.
Reply Quote
Demonic Essence gives people incentive to farm. I think they're fine the way they are now.
Reply Quote
They've already given you Easy Mode BOA items ... and you're still complaining.

Amazing.
Reply Quote
View profile
I think that the drop rate of the essences is fine for now. Because if it were higher then you would have a ton of essences but then wind up being broke without any gold to make the most simple of repairs. So keep it where it is and the player's gold will stay way ahead of gold risked during crafting.
Reply Quote
i was doing Alkaizer runs in A3 MP0 primarily for the purpose of getting exp, rares and legs. i now have 7 demonic essenses. on avg, i get between 1 to 2 per run.

my run is...
Arreat Crater 2
Keep 2
Rakkis Crossing
Arreat Crater + Azmodan
Reply Quote
they need a buff to drop rates, and make it the craft able teams BOE. l
Reply Quote
Lets just make it a complete cake walk.
Reply Quote
I have above 100 demonic essence. I think they need to lose the BoA BS. I would glady sell you 100 for the right price and I am sure there are thousands of others that think the same way.
Reply Quote

I dunno about you bud, but im close to 1 per minute on mp3.

Lucky u. I do MP7 mostly and yet no joy.

02/17/2013 08:53 PMPosted by AaronY
I have above 100 demonic essence. I think they need to lose the BoA BS. I would glady sell you 100 for the right price and I am sure there are thousands of others that think the same way.

+1 I like to buy DE if I can.

I got > 200+ de and I'm not even using it. my limitation seems to be tomes of secret and iridiscent tears. (yes, i craft all 3)., as well as perfect gems. so DE is only a limitation if you want to splurge money on the AH to buy all the other crafting gear.

so it seems like its working. DE limits pay to win.

I'm not one of those "pay to win" players. I got few good drops, and flipped items. I'm not a rich gold player but in the middle class.
Reply Quote

Give it a few months & players will end up with more essences than storage space, gold will be the new bottleneck.

I agree with ya. 50k is alot and crafting massive amount, that number is huge. But I thnk that is the point, gold sink.

Blue said it before; if your upgrade is few mil, AH is the way. If your upgrade is like 500mil+, then gamble.

It's just I cant gamble without a card to call.

I dont mind farming it (I farm my way through lvl 100); but comon, both act 3 and 4 @ MP7 for 12 DE?
Edited by Atenolol#1204 on 2/17/2013 10:45 PM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]