Diablo® III

Why can't we use mercs in multiplayer?

100 Human Priest
With the new patch 1.07 i've been enjoying public games a lot more and have been running a lot of them. I have to admit they're quite fun and having other people in the game helps me keep up a good pace. The only issue I have with multiplayer games is I cannot use my mercenary at all, why? Many players have geared their mercenaries and they're quite useful, whether they have magic find, add additional procs/abilities from their gear, or are simply meat shields. I think mercenaries should be allowed in multiplayer games, what's the harm?
Reply Quote
op here, posting as a diablo 3 account
Edited by Der#1192 on 2/18/2013 3:03 PM PST
Reply Quote
framerate issues maybe?
Reply Quote
I doubt it, turn down settings?
Reply Quote
anyone else want to use their mercs?
Reply Quote
Blizzard just wants 4 people in a party, and yes mercenaries counts as people.
Reply Quote
View profile
mercs are important to the storyline
it would be appropriate
Reply Quote
it would be nice to have a self rezzing meat shield in groups. that expendable extra target is very useful
Reply Quote
4x (puzzle rings + Buriza with high pierce/freeze + cold soj)...
yeah, not going to happen.
/thread
Reply Quote
View profile
to add to the question, why can't mercs actually deal any damage, it sucks that they can't beat anything at all in the game, why can't mercs carry more gear? good good questions
Reply Quote
to add to the question, why can't mercs actually deal any damage, it sucks that they can't beat anything at all in the game, why can't mercs carry more gear? good good questions

They were meant to be only for normal playthrough, they just buffed them a little.
Reply Quote
in diablo 2 mercs added to your character value, be it mana regeneration from insight, conviction aura from infinity, magic find gear, or high damage gear [i.e. ebotd, fort, guillames], etc. I think restricting them from multiplayer games is hurting the multiplayer aspect of diablo 3.
Reply Quote
View profile

I've seen mercs with 20k damage. Mine does 10k and can kill trash mobs and some Elites.
I think there should be 8 ppl in games again.
Edited by Nighthunter4#1650 on 2/18/2013 9:21 PM PST
Reply Quote
I'd rather see them expand the number of players from 4 to 8 instead of allowing followers.
Reply Quote
why does it have to be mutually exclusive?
Reply Quote
I'd love mercs in multiplayer but some of their CC abilities would pry have to be toned down.

They should at least allow people in a 2 player game to each use one though.
Reply Quote
Here's a quote from Bashiok regarding the follower viability:

Followers won’t follow you into co-op games because you’ll already have the superior firepower of your friends to help you, but playing alone you’re going to want to take advantage of their benefits.

Source: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/3871218074
Reply Quote
View profile
I've seen mercs with 20k damage. Mine does 10k and can kill trash mobs and some Elites.
I think there should be 8 ppl in games again.

Yeah, my merc does 10k - 15k too, but if you compare it to my char damage it`s actually pretty lame, i had mercs in D2 that would completely own the game for my Necromancer dying only to the Bosses like Diablo, it was quite fun creating ``the perfect tanking machine``
Reply Quote
02/18/2013 08:23 PMPosted by Der
anyone else want to use their mercs?

I do. That will make playing multiplayer way better or at least give us the bonus xp from the mercs hellfire and signet.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]