Diablo® III

Gold Spamming Out of Control

Blizzard, you are not doing your job! I hate to say it like that but really what other way is there? The fact is gold spamming is way out of control and Blizzard as a company does not appear to be doing anything about it. My chat window is currently filled with at least 12 back to back posts from gold spamming and maybe one or 2 players comments or links in the middle.

One would think that this behavior is condoned by Blizzard and is allowed to go on. In addition I am not able to report a single one of these, why is that? I keep trade and general chat up for discussions and the odd item I want to sell or purchase, why do I have to constantly stare at all this spam?
Reply Quote
The only way gold spamming stops is when gold is bound to the account and un-tradeable between players. If they truly want to end it, that's what they'll do
Edited by Deadlysynz#1583 on 3/1/2013 12:17 PM PST
Reply Quote
They won't do that because that would be uber lame to bind gold on account, but should do something about the insane about of gold spammers that flood the chat channels.

If this is the sign of acceptable things to come, people will leave really fast like in D2 when the spammers made the game near impossible to play unless you played in a PW protected game!
Reply Quote
03/01/2013 12:16 PMPosted by Deadlysynz
The only way gold spamming stops is when gold is bound to the account and un-tradeable between players. If they truly want to end it, that's what they'll do

I don't know. I'm neither here nor there on the issue of BoA, but this solution would cause much crying.
Reply Quote
03/01/2013 12:16 PMPosted by Deadlysynz

Haha, I know your right but I can only imagine the Bi$%#ing that would take place if they did that. My whole point of this thread is that I believe Blizzard needs to do their due diligence and put forth a valid and serious effort into dealing with this problem. If not to eliminate it all together then to at least minimize it.
Reply Quote
One more thing on this, start perma-banning the morons that are actually buying this gold. Stop catering to it and just ban them permanently. It will be an effective way to deal with the probelm, more so since it becomes a really big deterrent when players see Blizzard start banning large amounts of players for buying gold.
Edited by Latimere#1192 on 3/1/2013 12:59 PM PST
Reply Quote
the spam report function is broken atm, u get an error if you try to report spam or botter. The china bots are aware of this too and are taking full advantage of it atm it's bull!@#$ and blizzard needs to do something NOW!
Reply Quote
Im not saying I'm for binding gold to the account, but the fact of the matter is, if you want gold spammers to stop, it has to be made so they cannot trade gold. The only way were doing that is if gold is bound to the account.

Gold doesn't needed to be traded between players anyway, it's not a necessity.

You can't really ban the gold spammers as they just buy more accounts and commence as status quo
Edited by Deadlysynz#1583 on 3/1/2013 1:05 PM PST
Reply Quote
Community Manager
Thank you for your report! We're aware of this issue, and are currently investigating it.
Reply Quote
Don't make chat available until level 10, 15 etc... problem solved.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
03/01/2013 01:14 PMPosted by Drakor

Unfortunately, most of the spam bots are using hacked accounts :P
Reply Quote
03/01/2013 01:15 PMPosted by Ryaskybird

Unfortunately, most of the spam bots are using hacked accounts :P

Well that sucks.
Reply Quote
and duping *see Ancient Serpent amulet
and AH manipulation(they can end items early that have bids on them)

I love this game, but certain issues are so blatantly out of control
Reply Quote
03/01/2013 01:09 PMPosted by Vaeflare
Thank you for your report! We're aware of this issue, and are currently investigating it.

In addition to server based spam protection (which is broken for more than a day), perhaps create client based system where D3 players can filter out messages containing user selected words.
Edited by Consultant#1235 on 3/1/2013 1:21 PM PST
Reply Quote

Trading game. Say no to anything that is Boa. I mean I do want to sell items and gold.
Reply Quote
03/01/2013 01:19 PMPosted by Abomb247

Trading game. Say no to anything that is Boa. I mean I do want to sell items and gold.

Trade items yes, gold no. Gold does not need to be traded, it's completely unnecessary.
Reply Quote
Yeah it seemed for a little while I was not getting hit with requests and now it is back to square 1.
Reply Quote
03/01/2013 01:24 PMPosted by Deadlysynz

Trade items yes, gold no. Gold does not need to be traded, it's completely unnecessary.

It's impossible to block gold trading. A simple go around would just to trade something worthless for x amount of gold.
Reply Quote

It's impossible to block gold trading. A simple go around would just to trade something worthless for x amount of gold.

If only item trading was available you wouldn't be able to trade a worthless item for anything but another item.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]