Diablo® III

Gold Spamming Out of Control

A solution to the problem? There are many but it would take time and diligence to program.

User created chat room? Players could create there own rooms and invite other players once you are the creator you can ban. If a spam bot gets in you ban them from your channel.

Keep the general and the trade channel for public people to talk. That would allow users to display their own rooms also. Via "Hey, I have a LOT of gear to sell and I dont want to flood this chat channel with 50 pieces of gear. Come to my room I will send you an invite, pm me"

Blizzard did not get to where they are at by not fixing problems. But at the end of the day it is a very small group of guys getting their neck rung for not having mechanical problems fixed quick enough to meet deadlines to make players happy. The last thing on their mind is adding new features when the current ones are not fixed.

I.E any player here that can solo Ubers would know there is a high chance in mp10 that Siege will pick you up and do the animation to slam you. You take the damage but never get dropped and he does the animation and you take double damage killing you instantly.

I appreciate the game as much as anyone else but give them a break. They are trying to make the game better for the good of everyone. We may not all agree with changes that have been made.....but here we all are still playing the game and still hitting the forums to let them know when something breaks. It takes a community people :)

One day we may be fortunate enough to work for blizzard and try to make a difference to a few players. I can honestly say the Live chat technicians they have get hounded all day long but I have yet to have a single one not act professional.

And coming from someone who spent 2 years in an escalations department for the Geeksquad....you should know....being the tech on the other end trying to help...they didn't create the problem they are just there to help and they do so with the utmost professionalism so KUDOS to you all. Especially the Forum Mods who I know would LOVE to reach through the screen and smack people sometimes :P

Good Luck and hope everyone gets great drops when the server comes back up :)
Reply Quote
They should instant ban accounts/ip adresses for messages in chat log with excessive use of both "gold" and ".............. or ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, or --------------------"

they need to implement something that bans that !@#$ out immediately
Reply Quote
03/01/2013 03:40 PMPosted by Ricsta
no BOA gold that would suck for us poor people who need a friend to front us some repair gold when we go broke crafting

If your repair bills are out of hand, dial down the MP until you stop dying.

not that my repair bills are out of hand but personally there's not a whole lot of correlation between MP and death rate

glitching 'wall of fire', glitched or strangely-invisible or seemingly-distant or around-the-corner or pulled-by-party-member fallen maniacs, or even the good old freeze jail plague desecrator 'get !@#$ed go repair' blizzard special all occur at about the same rate on any mp and that pretty much sums up the challenge of diablo 3 (not quitting because it sucks), otherwise the bars just move slower at higher MPs?
Reply Quote
each months all the gold spammer pay blizzard thousands of dollars to buy new CD key to replace the banned accounts ...

how much you people pay blizzard ??? 50 bucks to buy the game !!!!1 and !!!!! nothing !!!

so , who do you think is more important to blizzard , who should blizzard look after !! you or those pay them thousands of $ each month ...!!!

Aside from your awesome English, I noticed there was a little timer on this message thing before I could post a new one. Lol.. Does anyone else feel like there are thousands of children in a room and some all encompassing sentient but not visible being is tending to them? Reading these things is a total trip...

Also I read a really crazy story in National Geographic about Chinese gold slaves. Guys in prison and similar places are turned into gold farmers in WoW, and I suppose Diablo 3 as well, and they in turn use abandoned e-mail addresses from real account owners to spam e-mail messages all day every day. They say this slavery is great for Chinese economic stability since it takes nearly zero overhead and pulls great profit. I wonder if the big bad Vivendi cares that slave labor is helping drive the electronic currencies of their child's video games.
Reply Quote
I am personally all for the Gold being bound to account, its a simple easy fix and I agree that there is no point to trading gold, item for gold. We have an auction house an there are those who spam the rooms with their gear for sale for gold just so they can get around the % of gold taken from the A/H trade. I am for forcing people to use the Auction house with bound to account gold, it stops the spammers since they cant sell it anymore and stops the gear traders who try to get out of paying a % to the house.
Reply Quote
Just for your information, i almost never see any spamming anymore 8)

im playing EU if that helps?
Reply Quote

glitching 'wall of fire', glitched or strangely-invisible or seemingly-distant or around-the-corner or pulled-by-party-member fallen maniacs, or even the good old freeze jail plague desecrator 'get !@#$ed go repair' blizzard special all occur at about the same rate on any mp and that pretty much sums up the challenge of diablo 3 (not quitting because it sucks), otherwise the bars just move slower at higher MPs?

On lower MP, you can cut those mobs down in seconds, before they even become a problem for your character, unless you've got *really* low damage. If thats the case, of course you will die. :P

Let's face it, if you can't kill a frozen/jailer/plagued/desecrator on MP0, you *really* need to invest some farming hours (or gold) into getting better gear. (Two words: life steal.)
Edited by MimSiE#1669 on 3/2/2013 3:07 AM PST
Reply Quote
03/02/2013 03:05 AMPosted by DaMalicious1
I am personally all for the Gold being bound to account, its a simple easy fix and I agree that there is no point to trading gold, item for gold. We have an auction house an there are those who spam the rooms with their gear for sale for gold just so they can get around the % of gold taken from the A/H trade. I am for forcing people to use the Auction house with bound to account gold, it stops the spammers since they cant sell it anymore and stops the gear traders who try to get out of paying a % to the house.

The ability to trade gold doesn't just come from wanting to let gold sellers profit. It comes from turning the game into a community.

Have you never taken a new player under your wing and given them gear or thrown a few gold coins in their direction to help gear them and teach them how to play? If you haven't I would suggest trying it. Once I reached 60 and obtained a small wealth I helped others and BOY did it pay off. Kindness to lower players they didn't forget it after I showed them farming and would repay me with unids or upgrades for my characters because we were friends and I helped them when they needed it.

Banishing trade and giving out gold doesn't just affect gold spammers...it affects everyone.

On a side note...you only have 10 auction house slots(20 if you use RMAH). I don't know about you. But I find good items commonly and have a full 3 page stash and 2 banking toons with full packs. The trade channel helps me move some of the gear. Not because I want to avoid the AH% taken...but because there is limited room to sell.
Reply Quote
Just for your information, i almost never see any spamming anymore 8)

im playing EU if that helps?

Really? After reading this, the spammers are probably going to start having ideas.
Reply Quote
I farm too my man, and yes I have a chest overflowing, four mules so I completely understand the need to be able to sell off excess gear. I also have several people "under my wing" that I am helping just because I don't mind helping others. I have even powered a few through to get to a point to be able to farm for themselves and yes I did gear them as well as I could so after gearing them there is not much point in giving them gold to buy stuff. The auction house is already screwed up with overpriced gear and to even have an item worth selling on there it has to be nearly godly. So the few coins I would throw at a new player is pointless, better I just equip them with crap I would either salvage because its not worth an auction house slot or otherwise give away anyhow.
Reply Quote

On lower MP, you can cut those mobs down in seconds, before they even become a problem for your character, unless you've got *really* low damage. If thats the case, of course you will die. :P

Let's face it, if you can't kill a frozen/jailer/plagued/desecrator on MP0, you *really* need to invest some farming hours (or gold) into getting better gear. (Two words: life steal.)

Spoken like a true elitist.

on the other hand

making gold boa sounds stupid. People make more profit selling items through trade than taking the cut through ah. or even the high end players that sell hellfire ring carries on mp10 and require some type of payment. I even given friends gold before to get them started to help them craft or even buy gear because not everyone has time to pour so as much time into farming. Im sure there will be more people against making boa gold than people for it.
Reply Quote
Wow..ok so the servers are obviously down for the night, or at least too long now for me to want to continue to wait for them. I am off to another game then Blizzard, nice job once again on keeping those servers secure from slavers and spammers.
Reply Quote

that's pretty much what I said

the most challenging aspect of D3 is not quitting because it sucks

I have leech and loh and run blood magic and it is not enough on any MP to prevent my dude from essentially dying instantly if it gets frozen on a desecrate stack (even on low MPs where it is admittedly more of a race to see who can kill the other in mere seconds) or anything at all goes wrong while it is jailed or walled and just sustaining on leech

the consensus seems to be 'your mitigation is low', which is fine except adding mitigation to any of my gear without taking a huge step backwards in overall effectiveness to treat the few ridiculous corner cases (while still have to eat a steady diet of blizzard's !@#$ with regard to glitched fire walls and "lol it's challenging" -- fanboy consensus fallen maniac mechanics) starts at about 80-150M per slot and barring sellable drops that's another few hundred hours of funneling diarrhea

anyway, I don't really want to derail the thread, which pertains to another recent and highly annoying aspect of the diablo 3 game experience, to respond to fanboy posts and low effort trolling so please disregard this so I am not tempted to respond
Edited by Tiberizzle#1468 on 3/2/2013 3:30 AM PST
Reply Quote
I throw them coins for them to learn and to buy crafting items and try out different builds. I will set them up with a decent set of gear to be able to survive low mp inferno with great survival rate and let them have fun. I also show them how to improve their gear by merchanting. Buy low ....sell high. Right before the server went down I sniped 2 rings. Paid less than 50m for them combine. Both are worth over 400m +. So showing them how to make a quick buck always helps.

I personally do not agree with the way the AH works...but as long as sniping is an option I am fair game. I just wish they would add a rule to the coding that stated if an auction had a bid within the last 120 seconds it would reset the timer to another 120 seconds. That would allow fair game to the person who REALLY wants the item and has the money.....Not to the person with the stop watch waiting to hit you at 1 second left to outbid ya :) But it works :D
Reply Quote
what is gold spamming?
Reply Quote
Hmm.. I guess I can't login. Is anyone else having the same problem? I do know about the "Breaking News" message. Anyways, just wondering if anyone was able to login or not. Also, when does Blizzard plan on letting people log back in? TIA.
Reply Quote
03/02/2013 03:17 AMPosted by DaMalicious1
I farm too my man, and yes I have a chest overflowing, four mules so I completely understand the need to be able to sell off excess gear. I also have several people "under my wing" that I am helping just because I don't mind helping others. I have even powered a few through to get to a point to be able to farm for themselves and yes I did gear them as well as I could so after gearing them there is not much point in giving them gold to buy stuff. The auction house is already screwed up with overpriced gear and to even have an item worth selling on there it has to be nearly godly. So the few coins I would throw at a new player is pointless, better I just equip them with crap I would either salvage because its not worth an auction house slot or otherwise give away anyhow.

I know right? Can't sell it, and ya don't really want to salvage/vendor when ya know someone who's still leveling their character might be able to use it. :D

I do that with mid-range items and most of the legendary/set items I don't need.
Reply Quote
free if they use trial accounts
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]