Diablo® III

Gold Spamming Out of Control

I know a bunch of people that be pissed if they blocked gold trades including my self.. Maybe some of you people don't have friends that borrow you or you borrow them some gold due to being a bit short on getting some thing.
Reply Quote
^ True that.
Reply Quote
MVP - Diablo III
View profile
The report function has been fixed now with this downtime.

Go slay some demons and report some spammers.
There not spelling mistakes, Im speaking 'Ye Old English'
Reply Quote
that's pretty much what I said

Forgive me. I mistook you for one of the people that like to cry about the game being "too hard."

the most challenging aspect of D3 is not quitting because it sucks

Not really a challenge for me. This game does have its faults, but I still find it a lot of fun to play (otherwise I wouldn't have nearly 1200 hours on my barb. Yeah, you get my point!)

I have leech and loh and run blood magic and it is not enough on any MP to prevent my dude from essentially dying instantly if it gets frozen on a desecrate stack (even on low MPs where it is admittedly more of a race to see who can kill the other in mere seconds) or anything at all goes wrong while it is jailed or walled and just sustaining on leech

Why not? I got 8.5% lifesteal, and can pretty much face-tank everything in sight, unless I die by being stupid, ie getting lost in battle, and not hauling my carcass away from an arcane sentry when I have low health, standing in plagued/desecration a few seconds too long, etc. (Yeah, using Hammer of the Ancients with a lifesteal Skorn makes you feel invincible sometimes. Trust me, you're not, LOL!)

the consensus seems to be 'your mitigation is low', which is fine except adding mitigation to any of my gear without taking a huge step backwards in overall effectiveness to treat the few ridiculous corner cases (while still have to eat a steady diet of blizzard's !@#$ with regard to glitched fire walls and "lol it's challenging" -- fanboy consensus fallen maniac mechanics) starts at about 80-150M per slot and barring sellable drops that's another few hundred hours of funneling diarrhea

That's what it boils down to though - low damage mitigation. I used to think like many of the QQers here, that the game was too hard - at least until I started getting gear that allowed me to farm better. That was before they started nerfing inferno to the ground, however. Now it's not really a challenge for me except at high MP.

By the way, THAT'S why people play on MP10. They want to farm higher MP for the challenge. They know that doesn't necessarilly mean they're going to get GG items. They just like to play a game where the crap they spent endless hours killing can come back and kick their teeth in sometimes (for lack of the ability to use a more "inappropriate" phrase.) It's more fun when you have to actually worry about dying. I'll do MP6 when I'm bored, but I'll do MP8 or 9 when I want a challenge.

03/02/2013 03:36 AMPosted by AsRock
I know a bunch of people that be pissed if they blocked gold trades including my self.. Maybe some of you people don't have friends that borrow you or you borrow them some gold due to being a bit short on getting some thing.

This post pretty much sums it up. Sometimes I don't have an item my buddies want, so I'll throw a few coins their way to help them out.

On the other hand, I will sometimes even go on the AH and buy the item for them myself if it's not too expensive.

As for lending gold for repair bills, BoA gold would pretty much leave them in the dark. It sucks not being able to run because you don't have enough money to repair your stuff because your farming efficiency is so darned low. I've been there.
Edited by MimSiE#1669 on 3/2/2013 4:13 AM PST
Reply Quote
even if you made gold account bound people would find another item to use as currency, Emerald gems come to mind and or crafting materials, tomes, even pots can be used as currency since u can sell it back to the vendor for a predictable amount.

I too am not fond of the gold farmers but this is the situation we created for ourselves and here me out why. The item pricing in this game have gone from being able to farm the gold in 30 minutes to absurd billions. You are not farming a billion in gold pickup in 500 hours of play. And its not jsut one item overpriced anymore its anything and everything anyone thinks will sell. Gold farmers bridge that gap and perpetuate the overspending and as long as people are successful selling gear for that type of gold items will continue to be priced that high and the gold farmers will continue to get business.

This is a video game and cannot be compared to real life but people talk about ruining the economy really do not understand true economy. Left ungoverned D3 this is what a pure supply and demand economy would be like. The cost of gas, milk, water bread and eggs would be unattainable by the majority of the population while the rich bid and inflate the cost of these items at an exponential rate.

The true fix would be to fix the gear that does drop with more appropriate range. lvl 60+ weapons should never roll 100dps. Barb weapons should roll str and barb abilities etc etc. We dont need 30 rares and 5 legendarys to drop in one run when the reality is they are all trash. Those all could be white for all we care. If only 1 or 2 yellows dropped but they were useful by some class this game and the economy would be better for it.
Reply Quote
03/01/2013 01:09 PMPosted by Vaeflare
Thank you for your report! We're aware of this issue, and are currently investigating it.

Yeah, you've told us that since May 15th 2012...on this very issue.
Faith restored? pshaw.
Reply Quote
in World of tanks sometimes real people are seen in the chats kicking people out that do "wrong" stuff.

Works pretty nicely.

Easy fix. There. No software. No nothing. A human beeing monitoring the chats at least for a short time each day.
Reply Quote
Don't report them for spam, then.. If it's 1 person messaging you, it's spam, but if it's multiple spams from the same gold farm, it's harrassment.

Report it as such.
Reply Quote
I just block them.
Reply Quote
Its not that hard of a problem, a resolution would need mutiple angles though:

1. First region lock by IP the connection with a standard graphic displayed password to unlock the region.
2. As someone said the account must have a level 10 character to chat in general, and ENTER trade. Even if the account is hacked if the chat is done by a proper relay software the bot would be sending the messages but they would not be delivered. If an account with a relivent character gets marked as a spammer by reports the account with the character gets flagged and locked, the IP that made the character gets a 30 day lock on creating accounts (This way someone who gets a random IP has a reduced chance on getting stuck with a spammer's lockout)

Additionally by needing a character it forces them to make an actual character, which would require an actual b.net account, which would need the actual software and an email address, which, if a spammer is running their own email server the entire server can be identified and blocked.
3. This is the hard one, crack down directly on the PLAYERS that buy this gold. These guys exist because there is a market, if players suddenly found themselves getting strung up for this, its possible the market might dry up.
4. Blizz should buy some gold and when they show up lock down every character on that account, and possibly every account on that server.

---

#1 deals with bots from overseas directly by making it harder to spam
#2 deals with the hacking into b.net by making them more tracable
#3 deals with the fact that as annoying as they are to most of us, they are only present because they ARE selling gold
#4 deals with a more open war against them. Really this is not something to be passive about, people who are innocent should have a recource, though I highly doubt there would be many.

The thing is if they have circumvented #2 with hacked characters then #4 is even more important because why would that gold even be legit in that case

Some great ideas here!!
Reply Quote
03/02/2013 06:19 AMPosted by Sÿlak
Easy fix. There. No software. No nothing. A human beeing monitoring the chats at least for a short time each day.

^^^LOL
How many servers do think there are for D3? How many world locations are there?
No software? Yes there would be a need for software. There would need to be an admin system that would allow a blizz staffer to log in and have global kicking/banning powers. That is software coding to a degree. Also, do you honestly think that nobody in the entire world would not be able to hack into the admin screen and start kick/banning people?

World of Tanks is a much smaller game that has plenty of hacks working right now. ;)

And Blizzard is an big company with a lot of experience and yet D3 is full of those people, bots, cheaters, exploiters and so on ... why is the game always online again?

Anyway. Please, show me how WoT got "hacked". As far as i know that game is "relatively" save. At least it never had the same kind of bot activity like any Diablo game. Of course runing a bot in World of Tanks isnt really effective anyway (its more a shooter if anything else) and its rather easy to identify a bot there.
Reply Quote
03/02/2013 05:48 AMPosted by Nephalem
Thank you for your report! We're aware of this issue, and are currently investigating it.

Yeah, you've told us that since May 15th 2012...on this very issue.
Faith restored? pshaw.

They say they're investigating the issue, but they never do anything about it. *sigh*
Reply Quote
Leave the chat channel. Problem solved!
Reply Quote
03/01/2013 08:59 PMPosted by JabberWookie
I've noticed this too, but I'm confused... I've never used the RMAH, but I thought you could buy gold on there with real money? How are bots necessary if that's the case?

Basically, the botter/gold farmers, advertise their gold via a 3rd party website, where you would go and buy it, then they would join you in game and give you your gold. Or at least you hope. lol

They do this to undercut the gold sold on the AH, so rather than people spending their dollars on the RMAH and buy gold there, (thus giving Blizzard their cut) they manage to take that away from Blizzard. It also opens the doors for scams, account hacks, viruses, you name it, as the site you may visit to buy the gold might not be trustworthy at all.

So what can we do? NOT buy from them. DON'T support them. If they aren't successful, they won't stay around. Simple as that.

Blizzard knows what goes on in the chats, don't let them fool you there. I think they are just having a hard time deciding how to handle it.

I still think one solution for the chat is to reorganize it. Allowing us to have a friends only chat, that we can use to talk to any of your friends online all together. I have an earlier post in here with more details.

Hopefully they will fix the reporter soon enough. Someone could put up a spammer list thread on the forum, and those of you getting friend requests, or spam in the chat, list the offenders in there! lol Or hell, use this thread.
Reply Quote
Simple solution... just take away the AH's minimum Gold price and nobody would buy at a 3rd Party site anymore, since its easier and safer to buy from the RMAH for the same price
Reply Quote
Blizzard doesn't pay much attention to D3 as much as wow sadly =( as long as there is gold there is gold spammers and there is no way to really fight them off other than to make gold not tradeable. decrease RMAH prices i guess.
Reply Quote
Easy fix:
1.) Gold is account bound
2.) Gold can be used only in the D3 auction house
3.) Control+Alt+Delete diablo 3 servers.
Reply Quote
03/02/2013 10:26 AMPosted by Cha0s
Simple solution... just take away the AH's minimum Gold price and nobody would buy at a 3rd Party site anymore, since its easier and safer to buy from the RMAH for the same price

I would love to see this and additionally I would love for them to remove the 10 items limits for the AH. Do so may help people sell more.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]