Diablo® III

Gold Spamming Out of Control

I agree, there is way too much gold spamming in chat. I would also like to see the chat changed because there are too many general chat #22034. there needs to be one general chat and other channels as well. It's a little frustrating when playing and I see something in the chat window and I can't link it to a friend who is in another general chat # window. Very annoying. Please change this.
Reply Quote
03/02/2013 04:56 PMPosted by Dagoth
I agree, there is way too much gold spamming in chat. I would also like to see the chat changed because there are too many general chat #22034. there needs to be one general chat and other channels as well. It's a little frustrating when playing and I see something in the chat window and I can't link it to a friend who is in another general chat # window. Very annoying. Please change this.

Can you imagine one general chat with millions of people in it? It's be chaos. By the time you reply to something, a thousand other chats have gone by.
Reply Quote
03/02/2013 04:56 PMPosted by Dagoth

Very true I would also like to see larger chat rooms, nothing worse then trying to sell a hard item when your selling it to the same 100 people over and over.
Reply Quote
This issue simply does not exist within the EVE online community, and for one simple reason:

You can purchase in-game credits from the developer, CCP, by purchasing an in-game 30-day game time code, and sell this code securely from the game forums for in-game currency.

In other words....if you want to get rid of gold spammers, blizzard, you need to sell us gold yourself.

It's clear that the current system doesn't work. You're making buying/selling gold a negative thing. Turn it into a positive thing that generates revenue for your company instead of banning people who want to give SOMEONE a few bucks for some gold to enhance their gaming experience.
Reply Quote
you people only give few $ to blizzard and expecting to much from them , just !@#$ and play the game , if you don't like it , quit .... easy and your problem is solve
Reply Quote
03/02/2013 05:42 PMPosted by doccocaubai
you people only give few $ to blizzard and expecting to much from them , just !@#$ and play the game , if you don't like it , quit .... easy and your problem is solve

Sadly if everyone who was unhappy about this quit then who would play the game anymore? I mean with the exception of people like yourself that is? I really dont believe that is the goal Blizzard had in mind.
Reply Quote
What about creating a separate Auction house that is strictly for gold...then those who wish to post their prices for certain amounts of gold can and those that wish to buy gold can check them out, and if they so wish to buy it they can.
Reply Quote
Holy bat man I had 5 Bot friend invites today and blizzard system scan and other things every 5-20 mins...
Reply Quote
03/01/2013 01:09 PMPosted by Vaeflare
Thank you for your report! We're aware of this issue, and are currently investigating it.

How about a client side filter solution like Diablo 2 had? You edited a file and everything named in there would be filtered out.

Didn't you think far enough ahead? Why wasn't that an option in this game released in 2012. 10 years after D2....

Learn to internet Blizzard.
Edited by Kingpin#1511 on 3/2/2013 8:47 PM PST
Reply Quote
I thought of another idea, on twitchtv when someone posts something offensive then the ops can remove the post actively, and active viewers no longer see the posted text. Why not have a threshold that if say 3 people post harrasment the advert disappears from our chat windows and that IP is blocked from posting for an hour. and all friend requests they may have initated are removed and additional ones are also blocked for that hour.

If their ads were being actively deleted about as quickly as they are posted then its not an effective method of advertising and they would have to find another way, the hour lock is to prevent an esclation of the spamming as a result.
Reply Quote
This issue simply does not exist within the EVE online community, and for one simple reason:

You can purchase in-game credits from the developer, CCP, by purchasing an in-game 30-day game time code, and sell this code securely from the game forums for in-game currency.

In other words....if you want to get rid of gold spammers, blizzard, you need to sell us gold yourself.

It's clear that the current system doesn't work. You're making buying/selling gold a negative thing. Turn it into a positive thing that generates revenue for your company instead of banning people who want to give SOMEONE a few bucks for some gold to enhance their gaming experience.
WTF are you talking about? There are plenty of sites that sell ISK or whatever the Eve currency is.
Reply Quote
Thank you for your report! We're aware of this issue, and are currently investigating it.

How very automated of you!!!
Reply Quote
Seriously not one person in this thread gave the real reason/cause of the extreme spam?

... ... gold isn't worth half of what Blizzard is trying to price fix. If Blizzard would move the decimal place over on the RMAH (it's been way too long since the last movement), gold spammers would have a much smaller market.

Gold spammers are having a field day right now offering gold sometimes less than A THIRD of what RMAH Blizzard has it priced at.
Reply Quote

This is either the funniest bs i've heard from a mod, or something to be taken seriously.

From future experience, i'll take plead the first. Unless your actually gonna do something, don't say !@#$ in this thread pls.
Reply Quote
i know blizz is doing there job. its just hard because there are too many hackers :(
Reply Quote
03/02/2013 05:42 PMPosted by doccocaubai

Lol, so you let anyone just take a dump all over your face with no complaint? Good to know consumers are like this now. It'll make boxing crap and calling it gold much easier.

Be a pushover more pls
Reply Quote

WTF are you talking about? There are plenty of sites that sell ISK or whatever the Eve currency is.

OMG /FREAKOUT

seriously though, sure, sites sell isk but nobody uses those sites because it's SAFE and SECURE to do it through CCP. Also, there is NOWHERE NEAR as much spamming for them. I have not seen any spam for them at all in at least a year... so it's nothing even close to what we're discussing here.

Are you stupid or just arguing for the sake of arguing a mundane point? Furthermore, you missed the entire objective of my post in the first place.... buying gold from gold farmers versus buying it straight from the game developers.

Way to be a retard.
Edited by Osaka#1430 on 3/3/2013 2:24 AM PST
Reply Quote
im reporting my @ss off this idiots,maybe 15every hour and still they dont slow down!
Reply Quote
looks like they don't play their own game !!
Reply Quote
03/03/2013 05:18 AMPosted by Gvelas
im reporting my @ss off this idiots,maybe 15every hour and still they dont slow down!

Likewise. :(
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]