Diablo® III

Gold Spamming Out of Control

03/02/2013 08:46 PMPosted by Kingpin
Thank you for your report! We're aware of this issue, and are currently investigating it.

How about a client side filter solution like Diablo 2 had? You edited a file and everything named in there would be filtered out.

Didn't you think far enough ahead? Why wasn't that an option in this game released in 2012. 10 years after D2....

Learn to internet Blizzard.

why wasnt a lot of concepts in D2 brought forward? why did D3 take a huge step back in gaming from the standpoint of the franchise? Acti-Blizz doesnt learn from anything they just put out stuff and if its broke they fix it. They take a purely reactive stance rather then proactive. This is why the game started as it did, lost most of its players, and is still bleeding costumers all be it probably at a slower rate now since the ones left are the ones that are a bit tougher.

lets take the spam issue as a good current example. this issue is nothing new and has been going on forever. ever since those bots got their greedy claws in the game they have been on a non-stop mission to sell people gold. blizzard has in place where you can "report" them and this is all. it doesnt matter how many friend spams you get or how many chats you see they keep going like the energizer bunny.

now the issue is a bug that you can not report these individuals. blizzard has said, in their usual vague way, they are looking into the error. this is of course reactive behavior to a problem that has been plaguing us for a very long time. do i (and likely others) want the bug fixed? absolutely, its their job to fix it. however, i want them to be proactive and put in an active spam filter to prevent these sort of messages. a user defined filter would also work if they can not pull off the active filter.

VVVthe main thing is that it is not that hard to see this is spam and delete it somehowVVV

WVVW.DIABLO********.COM-10000K=0.99$
Hardcore gold 10000K=3.6USD
Reply Quote
please....solve the problem....im sick and tired of those spam
Reply Quote
03/03/2013 07:45 AMPosted by Morogoth

How about a client side filter solution like Diablo 2 had? You edited a file and everything named in there would be filtered out.

Didn't you think far enough ahead? Why wasn't that an option in this game released in 2012. 10 years after D2....

Learn to internet Blizzard.

why wasnt a lot of concepts in D2 brought forward? why did D3 take a huge step back in gaming from the standpoint of the franchise? Acti-Blizz doesnt learn from anything they just put out stuff and if its broke they fix it. They take a purely reactive stance rather then proactive. This is why the game started as it did, lost most of its players, and is still bleeding costumers all be it probably at a slower rate now since the ones left are the ones that are a bit tougher.

lets take the spam issue as a good current example. this issue is nothing new and has been going on forever. ever since those bots got their greedy claws in the game they have been on a non-stop mission to sell people gold. blizzard has in place where you can "report" them and this is all. it doesnt matter how many friend spams you get or how many chats you see they keep going like the energizer bunny.

now the issue is a bug that you can not report these individuals. blizzard has said, in their usual vague way, they are looking into the error. this is of course reactive behavior to a problem that has been plaguing us for a very long time. do i (and likely others) want the bug fixed? absolutely, its their job to fix it. however, i want them to be proactive and put in an active spam filter to prevent these sort of messages. a user defined filter would also work if they can not pull off the active filter.

VVVthe main thing is that it is not that hard to see this is spam and delete it somehowVVV

BUHAHAHAHAH

They don't use commas either! LOL

Seriously though, just don't buy their gold. Its lame and hurting us anyway. Not to mention, some of these are more likely to infect, hack, gather info on you to use against you later. I wouldn't trust any of those sources. I will buy my gold (if I buy my gold) from Blizzard and the RMAH thank you!.
Reply Quote
View profile
Wow, two days ago when I made the same thread, they locked it.

At least it doesn't spread across the whole screen like in D2.
Reply Quote
Really, if blizzard cared, this would have been fixed aeons ago.

dead horse.
Reply Quote
This really makes the chat channels pretty much useless. There are few enough social options in the game as it is, is this what you have in mind Blizz?
Reply Quote
03/03/2013 11:09 AMPosted by evok
This really makes the chat channels pretty much useless. There are few enough social options in the game as it is, is this what you have in mind Blizz?

Sad part is that this is true. Its hard to communicate with people as it is. I am surprised they didn't put in a voice chat options for while in a party either.
Reply Quote
03/03/2013 11:09 AMPosted by evok

i posted about this subject as well a long time ago. Blizzard is NOT a social game promoting company. now take a game like RIFT from Trion and they got social stuff in game. they actually promote the use of facebook and twitter in game as well as the normal chat functions.

all im saying here is Blizzard is at the back of the class and has been for a long time. they are not known for re-inventing the game industry or even making it better as trends change. in fact the best that can be said is they slack off until they can find something someone else did good and add it.

so someone is going to post that "hey! blizz posts on twitter and reddit and stuff!". and? how exactly is that helping the sociability of the game itself? its not.

03/03/2013 12:49 PMPosted by Latimere
Sad part is that this is true. Its hard to communicate with people as it is. I am surprised they didn't put in a voice chat options for while in a party either.

in an MMO maybe that would be an option. you know where voice chat would have practical perposes for coordinating groups through instances and raids. in this game not so much. if you want that just go get a vent server or something they dont cost much.

BUHAHAHAHAH

They don't use commas either! LOL

ya, whats up with that? i know its been ask for several times.
how hard is it to use a standard numbering scheme.
Reply Quote
03/01/2013 01:09 PMPosted by Vaeflare
Thank you for your report! We're aware of this issue, and are currently investigating it.

Talk about spam.. that was the most canned answer I have ever seen on these forums. What is there to investigate. Practically every time I log in, I have between five and ten gold sellers requesting friend status. I have to go through "the process" for each one.

As much as the developers obsess with controlling other aspects of the game, you would think the gold spamming issue would be a no brainer.

In fairness, I do appreciate the swift judgment Blizzard has handed out to hackers in the past, but gold spamming is just as bad or even more egregious in my opinion. I feel HARASSED by the person or bot attempting to coax me into breaking the EULA.

Maybe Blizzard needs to crack down on botting? Yes, spend time, money and people resources to aggressively attack this problem. It is simply the cost of doing business folks. Otherwise you are letting your product go to ruin. Because make no mistake... gold spammers ARE ruining Diablo 3.

As far as making gold account bound; Blizzard won't do that because it will put a dent in their precious RMAH of legal gold selling.
Reply Quote
Want some actions on reported spammers! Outright banning would be good.
Reply Quote
Yeah the botting is just stupid.......I can't log in without getting gold spam
Reply Quote
PLease do something aboutthis freakin gols spammers! I cant even chat properly with these stupid spams generating every minute.
Reply Quote
03/03/2013 03:55 PMPosted by Manananggal
Want some actions on reported spammers! Outright banning would be good.

Agreed!!
Reply Quote
OMG. THANK YOU FOR BRINGING UP THIS ISSUE.
Reply Quote
a update on the current situation?

- my block list is full
- still can't report
- this is ANNOYING
Reply Quote
reporting was down. Reporting is now back up. Is it me or does 80% of this community need a god damn tissue?
Reply Quote
As the one billion user here, I agree gold spammers are getting old. Reporting them does not do anything considering how much money gold spammers make over this. I understand the profit/business side over selling digital money, but seriously it hurts the economy of a game to where players have to spend 1000% more gold on an item due to the gold farmers. I still play the game every now and then, but not as much as I used to considering the decline of people leaving over these types of issues.
Reply Quote
Blizzard is not even lifting a finger about these freaking spammers! Come on Bliz, I paid good money for this game and I can't even party chat because of those low life gold spammers!!!
Reply Quote
03/04/2013 04:09 AMPosted by RAZZMATAZ
Blizzard is not even lifting a finger about these freaking spammers! Come on Bliz, I paid good money for this game and I can't even party chat because of those low life gold spammers!!!

yes you can. /leave trade and general chat.
Reply Quote
yes you can. /leave trade and general chat.

We can't use the AH because of a bug, so we can't leave the trade rooms. It's the only place to get new gear or sell what you have!
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]