Diablo® III

Emotions, outrage! You're embarrassing yourselves.

02/26/2013 02:06 PMPosted by papadanko
Would you be more upset if the game had features that the present game lacked, yet they were broken, OP, or lame?

We got those on release. People were upset. So we got broken features that were left out and included.
Reply Quote
Consoles are fisher price versions of PC...you like that style of gaming (easy/dumbed down/games made for lowest common denominator), more power to you.

But don't try to make an argument that console games are anywhere near as deep as pc games (not console games ported to PC, but actual pc games developed for pc -- games Blizzard used to make).

When I was a preteen I used to like dumbed down japanese/console RPGs like Final Fantasy myself. That was ofcourse until I got old enough to buy/build my own PC, and was able to play RPGs like Arcanum or Torment on PC (late 90s/early 2000s). The difference is staggering.

It's like the difference of growing up on Kraft's Mac & Cheese -- it's sooo good when your 12 years old, until you get a little older and can appreciate the taste of real pasta at a fine Italian cuisine.

So if i say that PC games are for fat hairy virgin nerds that live with their parents while not having a job just like we saw in south park when they where playing WoW, does that mean that it's true??

Before you try to make your self look like a smart computer dweeb, think about what you're typing.

What a loser lol.
Reply Quote
D3 is a different game from D2. It is not clear that D3 is a dumbed down version of D2 - that is your opinion.

Well it's pretty widely agreed upon, sir. Ask anybody.

This is a good post that applies to the irrational people on the forums (which are many). Just keep in mind that there are many well-formulated threads out there that have solutions to the blatant problems in this game.
Edited by Wolverine#1833 on 2/26/2013 2:41 PM PST
Reply Quote
Re: Post 33 - BERSERKER makes a very logical, well written post about why console games are dumbed down and Deaded goes silent. lol
Reply Quote
02/26/2013 03:22 PMPosted by JJLXL
Re: Post 33 - BERSERKER makes a very logical, well written post about why console games are dumbed down and Deaded goes silent. lol

Sometimes, believe it or not, things outside of the forums happen.

Yes, Berserker did make some good points. His statement mostly revolves around:

02/26/2013 01:19 PMPosted by BERSERKER
This has to do with the control scheme differences between consoles and PC

I disagree that something like Halo is necessarily dumbed down because of the control method. I think we're talking about different kinds of games with different skill sets. I do appreciate and respect his thoughtful response - this is what I hope for from the forums. He and I may differ on our opinion at the end of the day, but he took the time to explain what he thought.

Posts like Mr. CrazyRage over there - not so much.

What you all need to understand is that I don't really care to defend D3, and I don't consider myself a fanboy. I'm just making commentary on the assumptions, rancor, and idiocy I see smeared across these boards by people who can barely form an English sentence. The environment is downright toxic, and it worries me; not about the game, but about people.

This thread is about *HOW* people go about complaining more than *WHAT* they're complaining about. I would bet I probably have a lot of similar gripes with game mechanics as many other people on the forum - I just try not to show my @#$ about it.
Reply Quote
You're on a forum for a game made by a company that has MILLIONS of fans, and you're surprised to see the kinds of threads you're complaining about?

If you're that sensitive, I suggest staying off the internet. It will only serve to hurt your feelings.
Reply Quote
02/26/2013 02:40 PMPosted by Wolverine
Ask anybody.

This is the kind of logic that we used in elementary school. Mario's the best game ever, ask anybody! Lamborghini's are the best cars, ask anybody!

I don't want to ask anybody, I want you to explain your point of view.

You're on a forum for a game made by a company that has MILLIONS of fans, and you're surprised to see the kinds of threads you're complaining about?

If you're that sensitive, I suggest staying off the internet. It will only serve to hurt your feelings.

I'm surprised at the overall subterranean level of intelligence on the internet - even though I'm slapped in the face by it on a daily basis.

Thanks for the advice, guy. I'll keep that in mind.
Reply Quote
The problem with your post is you are telling unhappy customers to "suck it up" essentially.

The unhappy customers are doing what they are supposed to do in a "free market" (i use this term loosely).

When a product doesn't meet your expectations you are indeed supposed to cater to it's competition and tell your friends about it's competition.

Hence improving the quality of goods because businesses have to "compete" for business.

Your post is ridiculous. While you are correct when you say that "someone's opinion" is just their opinion, you are wrong in your reasoning why they should stop "embarrassing themselves" with their opinion.

In fact your argument is solely around "stop whining because it is embarrassing". Newsflash dummy, that is YOUR opinion. You are derailing your own argument.

Complaining is your prerogative.

How you choose to do it shows a great deal about you. If people want to complain, that's fine. Unfortunately, the way a lot of people do so is embarrassing.
Reply Quote
I just flipped through a few pages of the very popular http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/7979928675 (10 reasons why this game is fail) and http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/7979938071 (I don't get all the multi-platform negativity) posts.

I haven't learned anything I didn't already know about the majority of the people who spend their time writing on these forums. While this isn't groundbreaking news, and I know that it's impossible to argue rationally with irrational people, I feel the need to point out some observations.

On the whole, you all are embarrassing yourselves.

1) Arguments (if we could call them as much) based on opinions and devoid of any rational justification or contextual examples are worthless, unproductive, nonconstructive, and a waste of everyone's time to read. Things are not true just because you say they are! Your expectations that anyone, developer or otherwise, should respect your opinion and grant your wishes is ridiculous and unrealistic. If you want to see change, explain what you believe the problem to be, provide relevant examples, and propose reasonable solutions.

And here's a pro-tip for life: Never walk into your bosses office complaining about a problem unless you have at least a couple solutions in mind.

2) If you ask a question and get an answer - move on. People questioned whether the PC and console versions were developed in tandem, thus impacting the overall game design. A CM responded saying that this, in fact, was not the case. People then proceeded to tell the CM to stuff it and that they were rejecting reality and substituting their own. Well played!

I hope your future as a conspiracy theorist and author is long and productive. Perhaps you will make appearances on such programs as "Ghost Hunters" and "Ancient Aliens"!

3) There are tons of posts about how there is a "console agenda" and how games are dumbed down and simplified for consoles. I have yet to see one reasonable, fleshed out argument explaining why console games are inherently "dumbed down" and inferior to PC games.

The assertion has been made that, by virtue of existing on console, games are more simple and easier for the lay person to understand. I find this absolutely asinine - this opinion of console users is probably colored by the fact that consoles are easy to use, more commonly adopted in households, and are less powerful than a full bore gaming rig.

There are hundreds of games that are released on multiple platforms that are, in essence, exactly the same save for the graphical fidelity possible on a beast gaming rig. There are games with complicated systems that exist on console, there are games with skill trees, there are games with depth and learning curves. The end.

The D3 forums are not exactly the shining beacon of intelligence and video game savvy... so the idea that console games and console gamers are "dumber" than PC games and PC gamers is actually rather staggering.

You are not smarter or better than a a console gamer because your PC is hoss. Moreover, complicated things are not always better. Abandon this assumption - think about it with real life examples, and then reassess these thoughts.

So please, stop trolling yourselves and everyone else. Just stop.

Dude why dont YOU stop embarrasing urself.

You know how good this game had to be taking in consideration the hype and the development time it had?.

Diablo 3 is by no means a bad game, and i enjoy playing it.... BUT at the same time i just get sad when i think in the lots of things they failed to deliver and how this game is NOTHING like the previous 2 games.
Reply Quote

Complaining is your prerogative.

How you choose to do it shows a great deal about you. If people want to complain, that's fine. Unfortunately, the way a lot of people do so is embarrassing.

That is your opinion. I thought you couldn't argue about opinions?

Who is embarrassed if no one's embarrassed. Let that idea sit a bit.

You're mincing words. I've explained myself, don't be petty. Read the original post.

If a tree falls in the woods and no one is around to hear it, does it make a noise?

Of course it does, it's a friggin tree.

If a troll throws up an inflammatory post full of opinions, hate, and foolishness with no backing, is it embarrassing?

I should certainly hope so.
Reply Quote
02/26/2013 04:07 PMPosted by Timebombx
Oh wait another opinion.

Opinions, in and of themselves are not worthless. You misunderstand the entire premise of my argument.

Opinions, however, should not all be given the same weight and credence. You should evaluate people's statements and opinions based on the information they offer and the evidence they share. Your comments lead me to believe you value all opinions equally - that's not wise.

I didn't make any statements that were not founded in examples I readily provided in the original post. My opinion is that the behavior of many people posting on this forum is embarrassing, and I think it would be best if people thought before they posted things. I think it would be more productive than spamming hate messages at Blizzard with no context or suggestions for improvement. If you want to vent on the forums, fine - but temper your expectations and realize that it makes you look childish.

If you disagree with this, there's not much more I can say to you. I'd be glad to listen to your rebuttal, but it better be more than "opinions don't matter, trollololol."
Reply Quote
02/26/2013 06:33 PMPosted by Zyron
I love that white kights like OP don't even have 10k elite kills. They like trolling the forums far more than playing in this Diablo's sanctuary. = delicious irony.

What does that have to do with anything? I'm not claiming to be an expert on any piece or part of the game.

If I kill 769 more elite packs, then will my opinion mean more? =P
Edited by Deaded#1753 on 2/26/2013 6:38 PM PST
Reply Quote
02/26/2013 06:38 PMPosted by Zyron

What does that have to do with anything? I'm not claiming to be an expert on any piece or part of the game.

If I kill 769 more elite packs, then will my opinion mean more? =P

My point is, you'de rather be on the forums than in the game, your profile proves that much.

IF that were true, what difference does it make?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]