Diablo® III

latency has gotten worse!

i think the lag has gotten worse. for me anyhow, lag is worst evenings, i guess because of high server load, my ping frequently goes above 1000!. i guess this says bnet servers are not equipt to deal with peak loads. i think this is unacceptable, a game that is sold in, australia, with people having high expectations, or at least that with internet that is today, that lag will not and should not be an issue. this game, sold in australia, that is not equipt to deal with, and give australian players an acceptable ping is absurd. i dont think the game should be sold in australia with this, still, being an issue. why is this not being addressed? I am an unhappy customer blizzard!
Reply Quote
same here, after the patch my ping had been very unstable.
Reply Quote
Also here - and now how bad i suffer disconnections or lag also depends on which character i'm using... had a multiplayer with a mate tonight, after every act i had to EXIT the game, then go back on to keep playing. So that means the "user's provider DNS issue/fix" is NOT valid.

Prior to this it had been working like a dream again for some weeks...now its back to "play something else till Blizzard works it out"
Reply Quote
MVP
View profile
The thing is that night time for ANZ players is actually around the lowest server pop times for US, so something else has to be happening here.

What ISP are you with? and are you able to post a trace route for when things are going bad? That was we can see what hop is causing the bad ping be it blizzard or not.
There not spelling mistakes, Im speaking 'Ye Old English'
Reply Quote
Its server load.

Its called, to 2 x SNS Meteor Wizards + large A3 trash mobs = RED
Reply Quote
02/25/2013 03:14 AMPosted by seansky
same here, after the patch my ping had been very unstable

Mine too. Very few problems before.

I am with Westnet which is really IInet. Most of the time it is good, but occasionally, for no apparent reason, I go orange or red and stay there for long periods. I am not very computer literate so cant give u any more information than this.
Edited by Septimus#6445 on 2/25/2013 2:59 PM PST
Reply Quote
Narull as i said - this is NOT an ISP issue....the (lack of) gameplay last night due to lag / timeouts was worse on one char (my Wizard on the Bastion level) vs my Demon Hunter (Forgotten Tombs).

The Wizard spawns in the Bastion home area, half the figures etc are missing and i simply just run around an incomplete room, unable to access my chest, click on chars etc

My Demon Hunter at least i was able to play areas multiplayer with a mate, but had to exit the game each time we changed area / sometimes level as it just lagged or the map froze.

As i said, the last few weeks the game has actually worked and well, been having a great time again...now after this patch...the lag etc is so bad ingame it's once again unplayable.

Even tried the brawling area last night...when we finished I couldnt exit via the portal & had to quiet the game to return to home base.

Weird as the Auction House often is fine (unlike the game).
Edited by SeeNLiNx#6426 on 2/25/2013 6:05 PM PST
Reply Quote
trace route,

Tracing route to 12.129.209.68 over a maximum of 30 hops

1 1 ms <1 ms 1 ms 192.168.1.1
2 20 ms 18 ms 18 ms nexthop.tas.iinet.net.au [203.215.13.247]
3 18 ms 21 ms 22 ms bundle-ether2.hba-pipe-bdr1.iinet.net.au [203.215.13.40]
4 43 ms 43 ms 44 ms te-8-0-0.mel-pipe-bdr1.iinet.net.au [203.215.20.45]
5 46 ms 48 ms 46 ms xe-7-1-11-0.syd-ult-core1.on.ii.net [203.215.20.102]
6 44 ms 44 ms 46 ms 26629.siko06.cu.telstraglobal.net [134.159.126.45]
7 43 ms 82 ms 49 ms i-0-7-1-0.sydo-core02.bi.telstraglobal.net [202.84.223.1]
8 184 ms 184 ms 185 ms i-0-7-0-0.1wlt-core01.bx.telstraglobal.net [202.84.249.54]
9 194 ms 188 ms 183 ms i-0-0-0-1.tlot02.bi.telstraglobal.net [202.40.149.138]
10 196 ms 194 ms 193 ms 208.173.53.141
11 195 ms 196 ms 197 ms 208.174.194.66
12 228 ms 199 ms 204 ms cr2.la2ca.ip.att.net [12.123.30.134]
13 197 ms 193 ms 197 ms gar29.la2ca.ip.att.net [12.122.129.241]
14 323 ms 224 ms 206 ms 12.122.251.190
15 202 ms 296 ms 196 ms 12.129.193.250
16 * * * Request timed out.
17 * * * Request timed out.
18 * * * Request timed out.
19 * * * Request timed out.
20 * * * Request timed out.
21 * * * Request timed out.
22 * * * Request timed out.
23 * * * Request timed out.
24 * * * Request timed out.
25 * * * Request timed out.
26 * * * Request timed out.
27 * * * Request timed out.
28 * * * Request timed out.
29 * * * Request timed out.
30 * * * Request timed out.

Trace complete.

my ping is stable at around 210-240 in town. it happens when battling monsters. it seems the more action the more my ping goes up, aften above 1000. is not because my pc is slow. i have a 560ti, and E8400. it is some other issue.
Reply Quote
wanted to add, just played a game at 3:30pm here in australia. my ping was very stable at around 220. it only seems to go haywire at evenings/nights. not sure exacly what times.
Reply Quote
I haven't been able to plat at all for the last 3 days, I can jump on any other online game I play and have zero issues but I haven't been able to play Diablo 3 for more than 5 minutes without the game completely locking up. I can still chat to friends but the game will lag to the point where the screen just freezes.

Last night my game locked while fighting ubers but I could chat live the whole time, when they were dead I left the game and came back and got the organ. I tried repairing my install but it had no effect, any ideas on what i can do to fix this?

btw i have an i5 2500, hd7870 and have all settings to lowest (for troubleshooting) so its not a fps issue.

edit: strangely now i can play fine after making this post

...wait i take it back still bad.
Edited by Armistice#1948 on 2/25/2013 10:21 PM PST
Reply Quote
For me its just been today, rubberbanding and spikey MS. Im with Telstra, what about eveyone else?
Reply Quote
I am with Optus in Melbourne. The issues start around 5-5.30 until 8.30-9 last few evenings. They only happen outside town and get worse in groups or lots of on screen action. I doubt its in isp related as it has only been the last few nights i have had issues with over 300.

I am sure that these issue are the reasons for shut down every week since patch. This server mat. will fix the issue, at least until next weekend.
Reply Quote
+1

I've got a recently installed elite cable connection with Telstra.

Games average around the 500msec mark.

Hoping tonight's patch rectifies this issue.
Reply Quote
i dont think blaming it on the cables can hold any longer tbh........ Everytime theres something like this first reaction on here is "maybe it is somewhere between ur place and blizz?" Can it, for once, be on blizz end? I dunno, if it is a problem in the pipes, D3 shouldnt be the only one having trouble right?

It doesnt portray a good picture on blizz that everytime theres something wrong, just try to blame something else first. When im a work, if something appear dodgy in the main model, first thing i think of is if i did something wrong, and triple check my part, even if i know i already triple check it yesterday. I dont go around getting the others to check their stuff first.

Unless your saying blizz is unable to check their things on their own end, and had to rely on the player base, probly half of which are not computer wizz that can do trace route without sweating, to see if the problem is on their end.

sorry to sound harsh, but it aint a nice feeling.
Reply Quote
Just jumped for a quick test and still have the same problems as before.
Reply Quote
i recently started playing again for 1.0.7.

Use to get 220-250 standard, which was ok with the occasional spike of 1000 red ping every, 15-20mins.

With 1.0.7 i get 220-250 standard with regular spikes into 380 every 5-10mins. It's a real !@#$% in PvP because it's insta dead when it tries to catch up.
Reply Quote
Played 1.0.7 last week and everything was running fine. Got around to this Monday and I've been getting constant lag spikes anytime after 7PM.
Game has become unplayable for me since it's just death after death due to rubberbanding. Hopefully Blizzard fixes this soon.
Reply Quote
kept getting DCed now........ while still able to access the forum.
Reply Quote
I was able to play for 15 minutes or so earlier this evening without any lag it was quite nice but now its the same as the last few days, completely unplayable :/
Reply Quote
Yep quite agree as with these guys... once again I'm iiNet (Perth).

Played an hour of Space Marine, an hour+ of Aliens Colonial Marines online no probs.

Tonight i can get into the Auction House with my D.Hunter, but not the game (3006 + then Battle.net boots me out), try my Wizard i can do squat, no A.House, no game etc (3006 + then Battle.net boots me out).

As i've said in prev posts how can swapping chars make the game work differently? Like seriously there's 4-5 major ISPs here being listed, all having serious lag, disconnection & responses.

It's not just the old DNS issue.... if there's an issue REALLY starting to look like Blizz's end 8-(
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]