Diablo® III

magic find is an epic fail

I would run mp8 with my barb I would have 417% mf and woulf find like 1 to 2 ledgendary items a run now I have 504% mf in mp8 I did like 4 runes.. didnt find anything... big epic fail .. hire me ill fix your epics... fix magic find plz..
Reply Quote
If I remember correctly .. magical items are blues .. so whats with this rare stuff. They needto come out of the closet and stop keeping everyone in the dark about magic find.. magic find has always been a mystery ... this is dumb. They need to come out with a magic find chart that show %'s
Reply Quote
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/game/guide/items/equipment

scroll to the bottom.
Reply Quote
I figure you guys are merely ignorant/misinformed as opposed to out and out stupid, so I'll leave this here:

"Finding more and better magic items is critical to overcoming challenges and defeating enemies in Diablo III, particularly on higher difficulties. Magic find is a unique item property that can help you drastically improve your haul. It is tracked in the Inventory menu (Inventory > Details > Adventure).

But what does that really mean?

Magic find affects the quality of items you acquire from killing enemies (but not treasure chests, vases, weapon racks, or other environmental objects). It doesn’t give you a chance to get more items on a given kill – instead, it increases the chance that an item you find will be magical, and more potent than it would be otherwise.

When a monster drops an item, Diablo III randomly determines the item’s quality from a chart that includes item quality and the number of affixes present. The game randomly "rolls" on each property in the chart to determine which affixes your item will get. Your magic find score is applied as a bonus to these rolls.

For example, if a monster has a 4% chance to drop a 6-affix rare item and you have +50% magic find, it now has a 6% chance to drop that item.

Item quality is checked in the following order:

Legendary
6-affix rare
5-affix rare
4-affix rare
2-affix rare
1-affix rare
magic item

Using the above example, when your roll ‘misses’ a higher-level item quality, the item generator proceeds to the next lowest item quality in the chain (in this case, checking to see if you got a 6-affix rare, then checking for a 5-affix rare, and so on). Your magic find bonus applies to each roll. If the same monster has a 10% chance to drop a 5-affix rare item and you have 50% magic find, you now have a 15% chance to get a 5-affix rare item."
Reply Quote
So what does that mean... it doesnt say anything about ledgendary items.. only says things about rare items.. I couldnt give a number 2 less about rares... more magic find % help find better ledgendarys
Reply Quote
2-affix rare
1-affix rare

are there one and two affix rares? if so, ugh.
Reply Quote
02/26/2013 09:26 AMPosted by KarateKid
I did like 4 runes.. didnt find anything... big epic fail .. hire me ill fix your epics... fix magic find plz..

Does 4 runs without a legendary

Runs to forums crying/complaining the game was broke. You must be a special snowflake from wow or something. That or you never ever played D2.
Edited by VitaminEZ#1454 on 2/26/2013 10:06 AM PST
Reply Quote
02/26/2013 09:26 AMPosted by KarateKid
I would run mp8 with my barb I would have 417% mf and woulf find like 1 to 2 ledgendary items a run now I have 504% mf in mp8 I did like 4 runes.. didnt find anything... big epic fail .. hire me ill fix your epics... fix magic find plz..

Yea an den I go "boom boom boom" on mob den 675% 1 legendary den 475% 19 legendary mp3 and mp0 find nuttin.....fail epics, fix, today, YEAH!!!!
Reply Quote
So your saying the more % you have ups the chances to drop ledgendary items? Still ducking and dodging the question behind a stupid pointless post
Reply Quote
02/26/2013 10:13 AMPosted by KarateKid
So your saying the more % you have ups the chances to drop ledgendary items? Still ducking and dodging the question behind a stupid pointless post

Holy sh*t you do know how to type correct english (- your=you're), but non the less stop typing like a retard to start with.

Your answer is even though with MF your chances are better at getting legends it DOES NOT MEAN YOU ARE GARUNTEED A LEGENDARY.

You SHOULD expect at times to go multiple (that means many, as in more than one) runs with out finding any legendaries at all.

Hope that helps cupcake!!
Edited by KainDraven#1803 on 2/26/2013 10:21 AM PST
Reply Quote
Magic find matters, and it matters for legendaries. I do 40 minute runs with my barb on MP0, he is at cap for MF. I get between 0-2 legendaries per run, with 1 legendary per run being the average. I also get extra rares drop than I do on my Wiz who has 225% on MP4 with 4 NV stacks (low paragon and no mf gear). So yeah, it matters.
Reply Quote
once a found a rare ring with just an empty socket. I should have taken a picture.
Reply Quote
Thats all I wanted to know.. sorry I dont type very well I was to busy beating up the kids in computer class... sll I wanted to know is that more % helps twords ledgendary items
Reply Quote
crafting > MF

Loot drops are terrible, especially since you have to waste time picking up, IDing and vendoring over 99% of everything.
Reply Quote
really ? are you sure no way im thinks u girls just wake up
Reply Quote
02/26/2013 11:29 AMPosted by KarateKid
Thats all I wanted to know.. sorry I dont type very well I was to busy beating up the kids in computer class... sll I wanted to know is that more % helps twords ledgendary items

I will give you an honest finding. After I have reached paragon lvl 50 and higher legends have been dropping a lot more.

I farm mp5 alka seltzer runs.0-4 legends each run. I average 2 legends and hour.

Once you get too 350% mf you'll see an improvement.
Edited by KainDraven#1803 on 2/26/2013 12:17 PM PST
Reply Quote
If you have more questions about Magic Find, go google it. There are people who write novels (not really, but practically) about how they "believe" magic find works, but they really can only go on what Blizzard has used for magic find in Diablo 2 code, Diablo 3 notes from developers, and/or upon statistics they gather from testing out ideas when farming in Diablo 3. The last one is the only way we can guess at how it works for D3 since they have this game running off their servers. Not to mention they can change the percentage rules whenever they please (like for example, the holidays, letting more ledgendaries drop because they are feeling nice).

Honestly I feel they have tuned it back a bit so less legendaries fall, but that is my personal opinion. I was finding 2 to 3 ledgendaries in a complete run of act 3 on MP2 a few months ago, but now I am lucky if I find 1 legendary every few quick runs. Even then, there is a high chance that it is junk.

Just think of it like this, how many times have you played PowerBall expecting to win? The odds aren't great. Just play Diablo 3 for the fun of it and if you actually do get something, be thankful.

Dv
Reply Quote
i just want to know that all my mf that i got ... i got 504% magic fing in mp8 ... and i kill monsters pretty quick , anyways i want to know that all that mf i am shooting for isnt for no reason .. i just want more ledgendarys to drop
Reply Quote
I've given up on magic find a long time ago.

Here's something that i've experience in the last few days

Full run farming with my barb paragon 50-53 on act3 mp5 and i only found 3 demonic essence.
Full run farming with my monk paragon 23-26 on act3 mp0 and i found 10 demonic essence.

Tested it a few times with more or less the same result.

RNG? It's more like a broken RNG to me.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]