In order to finalize some of the rules and regulations for the PVP tourney we need to see who all is interested to join. So, we can consider this to be our Official Registration thread for the TSL PVP tourney. I will be posting the rest of the Rules and Regulations after we see who is joining. We have most R&R’s done, but we need to see how many people we have in the tourney to determine how we are going to group players for the bracket. So with that said, if you feel that you are up for the challenge of defeating some of the best players in ANZ’s TSL guild then now is your chance. If you’re determined to claim the crown of TSL’s most powerful Champion, this is your opportunity. We have long awaited this moment and now it’s here. I can confirm that we will be holding the PVP tourney on the 7th of March; we will conduct all of the matches during the evening hours, for most of us have work, school, or other commitments during the day (we are willing to make some exceptions). It will most likely go for a few days as the time zone differences might be a factor for some considering we are ANZ. So, if you are interested in becoming TSL’s PVP Champion then this thread is the place for you to sign up. Registration will end on the 4th of March. This gives us a week (7 days) to get suited up and practice as much as possible. As of now here are some of the R&R for you guys too look over, if you have any questions or suggestions please let the appropriate CL know.
1) You must be a member of TSL
2) You must have given your “donation” of no less than 60k to WAZZ
3) Can only use 1 toon from profile for the whole of the tournament (We will have a registration)
4) We will do rounds best of 9, so the first one with 5 kills wins the match and will move on to the next opponent in the bracket until a Champion is determined.
5) You cannot leave the battle grounds during a round. You might have to get pots or something, so make sure you have those before you begin the round. If you leave during a round you automatically lose that round.
6) After each round you must return to town and meet up with opponent. After both players meet in town (New Tristrim) you can go back into the Chapel battle grounds to continue match. This will ensure that both players start with full health and furry/manna/spirit/hatred & discipline. This will not give any player an advantage over the other as far as health/ resource goes. Every player starts out full.
7) Each player must wait until the other player is ready for the round. This is done by each player going to opposite corners of the map and saying “go.” This tells the other person you’re ready to “go.” If only one player says “go” but the other one doesn’t, you cannot start until they are ready.
8) Once the match starts you cannot be AFK for any amount of time. If you are, or find someone whom is that one will be disqualified from the tourney.
9) The tourney is a single elimination tournament. If you lose your match to 5 (best of 9), you are out of the tournament.
10) You must un-tick your “quick join” option from the main options menu. We don’t want random friends jumping in to a tournament to disrupt or distract anyone. If this does happen the one whose friend has jumped in will automatically loose round.
Please respect the fact that this is a registration thread for the PVP tourney and not a “Make suggestion of how I would have done it” thread, so if you do have a suggestion or question please do not post here. But please do let your/a CL know by other means, we are open to suggestions and criticisms if constructive. This isn’t all that we (The CL’s) are discussing, we have more R&R’s but we are still deciding on them to make sure that it is fair and fun.
We are looking into a grouping system as well with some other options, if we have enough players this might be an option, if we don’t we might have to do a free for all. But again it’s all up to how many players join the tournament. We will keep everyone posted as the registration fills up as to where we are at with the R&R’s, but so far this is all I can divulge to you.
I hope that everyone can appreciate the hard work that all the CL’s have put in to making this tournament fun so that you all can enjoy. Let’s all join in and have a great time killing each other and see if you have it in you to take out my DH. Join if you are interested in becoming the First Official TSL PVP Champ, and try to defend your title.
EDIT: Please let us know what toon you are using for the PVP tourney.