Diablo® III

You guys gonna be real mad now. No RMAH on console.

so ps3 players will use a 3rd party site to buy and sell things while i have to use the rmah? this greatly affects my gaming experience for some reason
Reply Quote
If you hate the RMAH so much, you can come play hardcore.
Reply Quote
Source or GTFO.
Reply Quote
02/26/2013 06:36 PMPosted by Kornkills
If you hate the RMAH so much, you can come play hardcore.

Oh, I WILL play hardcore. Once I can play offline and not have to worry about lag. ;)
Reply Quote
The bottom line is, PC player are complaining in the forum because Console player didn't have to get all the grieve (always online, AH triumph, rubbish loot) that the dev's throw at them, and RMAH seller can't make more profit from the new console market, the drama!

I'm gonna switch to console.
Reply Quote
If i ever pick up the console version i'll make sure it's a pre-owned copy. Not gonna give Blizzard more money for the same game.

Release one version of the game and then a year later release the "new and improved!" version and make people pay for it again. If that's not greed then i don't know what is.

Just disgusting.
Reply Quote
25 Blood Elf Priest
Don't know why I would be mad about that really. Sounds like a bit of an improvement. By the way, it's the most amazing thing. You can play D3 on a PC and like....pretend I guess....that the RMAH doesn't exist too.

It's good stuff. More people should give it a try.
Reply Quote
Don't know why I would be mad about that really. Sounds like a bit of an improvement. By the way, it's the most amazing thing. You can play D3 on a PC and like....pretend I guess....that the RMAH doesn't exist too.

It's good stuff. More people should give it a try.

Sure you can do that. But that doesn't change the fact that RMAH = harder to find loot yourself. I can't "pretend" that loot drops are better.
Reply Quote
If i ever pick up the console version i'll make sure it's a pre-owned copy. Not gonna give Blizzard more money for the same game.

Release one version of the game and then a year later release the "new and improved!" version and make people pay for it again. If that's not greed then i don't know what is.

Just disgusting.

Batman Arkham City did this on the Wii.
Resident Evil 4 did this on the Wii.
Mass Effect 2 did this on the PS3.
Dragon Age Origins did this on the PC.

This isn't an isolated incident from one major developer/publisher.
It happens all the time in the gaming industry.

Consider all of the Game of the Year versions of games that just bundle in DLC to make people buy things twice. This is an industry standard for TONS of games.

If Blizzards actions disgust you then I'd imagine you have major issues with about 80% of the major players out there.
Reply Quote
View profile
02/26/2013 04:53 PMPosted by JJLXL
Hmmm. D3 on console just got a whole lot better?

I will not be surprised if the game we saw back in 2008 is the console game.

WTF happened guys?
Reply Quote

Just disgusting.

Consider all of the Game of the Year versions of games that just bundle in DLC to make people buy things twice. This is an industry standard for TONS of games.

If Blizzards actions disgust you then I'd imagine you have major issues with about 80% of the major players out there.

Blizzard used to be above cheesie used car salesmen tactics. They simply made great games and let word of mouth drive their sales. And they stayed at the top of sales charts for many many years after.
Reply Quote

Whether or not Arkham City and RE 4 on the Wii is "better" is debatable considering they both got lower scores on the Wii consoles than the original consoles.

And i've never played ME or DA, so i don't really care about those games. I mean, that's EA, it's kinda expected of them to participate in bad business practices.

But this is Blizzard we're talking about. Blizzard is known for their high quality PC titles, so when they go and create a game that is superior on consoles than PC (where their entire fanbase is), it feels like a bit of a slap in the face.

That doesn't make it okay for Blizzard to do it.

Not even the same idea. You don't have to buy the GOTY edition if you already own the game and all the DLC.

I'm talking about Blizzard removing two of the most hated features (always online and RMAH) and adding one of the most requested (offline local play) for the consoles. The least Blizzard could do is carry those changes over to the PC version.

I don't think any of the games you mentioned had such drastic changes game altering changes. Aiming your gun with the wii remote and using the wii u touch pad thing as a scanner and for the hacking mini games is not even close. Those are just little gimmicks that are impressive for about an hour and then it becomes "whatever".
Reply Quote
Whether or not Arkham City and RE 4 on the Wii is "better" is debatable considering they both got lower scores on the Wii consoles than the original consoles.

And i've never played ME or DA, so i don't really care about those games. I mean, that's EA, it's kinda expected of them to participate in bad business practices.

But this is Blizzard we're talking about. Blizzard is known for their high quality PC titles, so when they go and create a game that is superior on consoles than PC (where their entire fanbase is), it feels like a bit of a slap in the face.

This is a common business practice that happen over the past year on the gaming industry, and it's the fact, why can't ActivisionBlizz do that? Because they're special? Come on! They're just another gaming company just like any other.

02/26/2013 08:09 PMPosted by Tomac
I'm talking about Blizzard removing two of the most hated features (always online and RMAH) and adding one of the most requested (offline local play) for the consoles. The least Blizzard could do is carry those changes over to the PC version.

Just face the fact PC version are like that, and buy the console if you don't want AH and always online feature, I know I will.

02/26/2013 08:09 PMPosted by Tomac
That doesn't make it okay for Blizzard to do it.

You're so naive, real world does not work like that.
Reply Quote
OP has no source, take it with a grain of salt.

That being said, I won't be surprised with no RMAH however I also won't be surprised that there would be either. Sony allows features like that. It's well within a developer's decision if they want to include some sort of microtransaction model into their game. Go play Dust 514 and tell me they don't allow a game based on a cash shop.

Since Blizzard is not allowing kb/m (which they should for chat purposes and what not, as most console MMO's DO support) implementing an AH, especially Diablo's AH would probably be a chore. I wouldn't be surprised if there was no AH's at all. Most things are just speculation at this point though, so I'd prefer to hear more from Blizzard.
3rd party barter sites

/money always wins
Yep. In a game like this where there are extremely rare items, there's bound to be some sort of black market. In fact the PS3 market might even be more lucrative b/c there's no inbuilt way to trade items and purchase gold.
Edited by speedforce#1637 on 2/26/2013 8:31 PM PST
Reply Quote
25 Blood Elf Priest
02/26/2013 07:45 PMPosted by PartyAnimal
And they stayed at the top of sales charts for many many years after.

They're still there.
Reply Quote
And they stayed at the top of sales charts for many many years after.

They're still there.

Yes, but at the cost of years of good will they built with their fans/customers.
Edited by PartyAnimal#1845 on 2/26/2013 10:34 PM PST
Reply Quote
02/26/2013 05:00 PMPosted by PerfectCell
Console characters to be stored on HDD lol..

I can see that duping/hacking/modding will be possible. Likely even.
Reply Quote
02/26/2013 10:40 PMPosted by Rohan
Console characters to be stored on HDD lol..

I can see that duping/hacking/modding will be possible. Likely even.

Isn't a big deal on consoles though, duping happened in Demons Souls and that had open world PvP.

Duping is only a big deal on PC because of money, well greed...
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]