Diablo® III

Barbarian game balancing

I play a variation of the HotA builds and I don't feel overpowered at all.
Reply Quote
03/01/2013 04:38 PMPosted by Undersky
hatred isn't like fury, it regens very slowly.

Yes fury doesn't regen slowly... it degenerates.
Reply Quote
So have tested this build, showed it to a friend and hes going to grab all the pieces tonight.
He said hes going to do a stream of it too.
Concept is infinite wrath with 99% crit chance on hoa in top notch gear. As once this is obtained you can stand is town and cast hoa and keep wrath up en-defiantly. I will put up a link to the stream when its going.
Reply Quote
Okay, my 2 cents, as someone who's been playing a HOTA build pretty much since the game was released.

HOTA may seem a little overwhelming on paper, (406% damage is nothing to laugh at, especially when crits are involved) but it really isn't all that crazy. First of all, the hit area on Smash is EXTREMELY small, pretty much guaranteeing that you only hit 1 monster at a time (if you get really lucky with a dense mob, you might be able to peg 3 or 4, but never consistently). While this does mean that that enemy loses a good chunk of life on every hit, you still have to contend with mitigating the rest of the damage coming at you. Which, if you're running a build primarily focused on DPS with your HOTA, won't work very well for you.

Also, for the average player, it's not 100% crit, the power only increases you're critical hit chance by 20% if at maximum fury, and if you're relentlessly using the power, your almost never going to be at max fury.

If we begin to talk about the high end populous, with gear built specifically towards epitomizing this build, then yes, it can be a little crazy. But that same thing can be said for EVERY build that takes full effect of the combination of gear and skills. It's how the game is SUPPOSED to work. (Insert rambling rant about CM Wiz and WW Barb, 'Nado Monks, Zomb Dog WD's and anything a decently geared DH decides to use.)
Reply Quote
OP your spelling is as bad as your cry for nerfs in an arpg
Edited by Technoviking#1999 on 3/1/2013 4:52 PM PST
Reply Quote
View profile
So have tested this build, showed it to a friend and hes going to grab all the pieces tonight.
He said hes going to do a stream of it too.
Concept is infinite wrath with 99% crit chance on hoa in top notch gear. As once this is obtained you can stand is town and cast hoa and keep wrath up en-defiantly.

Enlighten my noobish barb behind, but how are you going to maintain wrath standing in town?
I once again think you do not know what you are talking about, or how the class and its skills work.

Lemme give you a little tip, no enemies to bam bam, no fury.
Reply Quote
nah getting fury gen skills and reducing its cost with gear. going to be spending atleast a few bill tonight. or we hope to.
Have the the base requirements worked out the math support it as well, just need to get optimized gear that has high dps along with the requirements to accomplish said build.
More or less doing this to show the community how the build can work when optimized with BiS gear.
As i got 2 pages of trolls not attempting to read and then a few skeptics and then 1 person that agrees( only with every slot being perfect he made a point of saying, which is true).
Reply Quote
youre complaining that a character which spends billions in gear is overpowered?

hey, pretty much every build can be pretty strong with billions of gold ... I dont know why you see that as issue.

All this cries for nerfs ... I really dont get it.
Edited by CrniVuk#2227 on 3/1/2013 5:23 PM PST
Reply Quote
Hmm CM wiz got nerfed..... Barb remains OP.....
Reply Quote
That sounds interesting. Please keep also a record how much each item was, just to know.
Reply Quote
All you're going to do is end up defeating whatever feeble point you were trying to make. Any class with several billion spent on it is obviously going to smash face.

But since you are, here are some benchmarks for you to reach with your perfectly spec'ed gear:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lmmb9Chqf9Y
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ik9KrMQELeI&feature=youtu.be
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VSfi_39Bdjg&feature=youtu.be
Reply Quote
I am attempting to be helpful and explain thing to players as to provide a better understand of the game.

Not sure how you're helpful. Someone that can afford billion gold + gear can make plenty of abilities/builds look overpowered.

and yes i have already, you need alot of gear but then when i go try mp 10 i just stand still and hold one button then wait about 18 seconds later the extra hp affix elite on mp10 dies. just need alot of str and cd to compliment it.

You need plenty of survival gear in MP10 as well. Otherwise, you'll fall over to some of the more hurting elites. Not all monsters stand still in front of you (in response to your underlined portion).

As i got 2 pages of trolls not attempting to read and then a few skeptics and then 1 person that agrees( only with every slot being perfect he made a point of saying, which is true).

People aren't skeptical that a billion gold + worth of gear will make it look like HoTA is overpowered.

HoTA stats according to diabloprogress.com:

16% use it in hardcore mode.
70% use it in softcore mode.
http://www.diabloprogress.com/top_skills/stat_heroscore_500

OP, you might as well make a post to nerf the witch doctor zombie bears as well. 2 bears hitting the same target x 236% weapon damage @ large area > 406% damage at very small area. Also, 72% use zombie bears in hardcore mode, 82% use zombie bears in softcore mode (only rune used for zombie charger!). Nerf them bears, right?
Edited by Xort#1869 on 3/1/2013 6:25 PM PST
Reply Quote
video games are meant to be a form of entertainment. original poster should take a chill pill and reflect on what their priorities are in life. play video games u enjoy to pass some free time and if u are finished with one game move on to the next.
Reply Quote
I think people play D3 for the wrong reason. Its exactly this idea that kills the game. I want to feel overpowered in Diablo, thats why I play hack and slay games. If I would go for some more balanced RPG experience there are plenty other games which offer exactly that. Sure the builds and classes should not be to far apart as far as the power goes, no problem with that! I dont want that my barb is 50% better then the rest as this isnt great or fun in when you play with others if you are inherently better because you play the "right class". - This is how Inferno was in the begining though ... ranged classes had some advantages simply because it was all about kiting the mobs to death ...

But this idea "OMG IT KILLS THE GAME! NERF THIS BUILD!" is pretty wrong in my opinion. Particularly as I really dont see where the issue is with teh barb. I am playing it since no clue 1.1? And I see Deamon Hunters, Wizards, Whichdoctors and Monks dealing fairly well even with the most difficult content.

Are there skilsl which might need some balanec? Sure. But that was and is true for all classes. Do people remember that the Wizard was the first class to beat Inferno? Or the Deamonhunter using very powerfull skills while the rest of the meele classes could not even walk around without a shield past Inferno act 1? And no one even cared about Whichdoctors. Compared to that I would say that the classes are somewhat relatively even now.

The only difference is that the Barbarian has 2 builds which are both pretty good for the higher difficulties, Whirlwind for masses and HotA for more or less single targets. Most other classes dont have more then one fun build usually. Its clear that Diablo 3 has not a huge choices as far as skills go. Thats the sad reality.

nerfing either the barb or some other class now will not make YOUR class suddenly awesome though. Particularly when you concentrate on people with very expensive gear. People manage to get their CM wizard working again with the correct gear ... and what happens? People cry for nerfs ... I really dont get this community sometimes.
Edited by CrniVuk#2227 on 3/1/2013 7:08 PM PST
Reply Quote
Op's soul is imbalanced.

His spirit is broken.

In his hatred hes consumed.

His discipline no longer serves him.

He hides in the shadows of the underworld.

In his weakness, he yerns consolation.

His fear wont let he see tha path

In which he'll find healing.

And comunnion

With his lost soul.

Hota is fine.

For a warrior,

To spam hammer

Many trials, he's been through.

Op should know, that the fury, of the Barbos

Will flow free, just as long, as the spirits, will concede.
Reply Quote
03/01/2013 11:38 AMPosted by Kiro
all other classes even with items such as SoJ and Mara's have their largest attack ability sitting either on a cool down or have a fairly expensive cost equaling to 50% of their resource bar.

CM wiz
grave injustice WD
TR monk
vengeance/hatred gen DH
Reply Quote
lamest post ever. Even PoE whinners were classy. Pathetic :S
Reply Quote
OP is an idiot, 'nuff said.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]