Edited by WhiteWidow#1492 on 3/2/2013 6:09 PM PST
Reply Quote
Nerfing HotA wont help.

NERF BATTLE RAGE- Into the Fray.

QQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQ
Reply Quote
Listen dont be crying about About Barbs and then try and attack WDs
Reply Quote
To non barbarian player, find a better use of your time. calling for a different classes nerf because you feel like you have a short coming is sad. why aren't you asking for a buff to other classes instead of whining over someone else's play style being "too powerful" at one point in the day of diablo there was no such thing as too powerful, your class is a one man army who saves the world. barbarian is not the problem. its people who feel a sense of entitlement to ruin thousands of other people's character builds because they feel cheated on whichever class they rolled not being strong enough. I don't use HOTA but i don't like some little girl trying to ruin my play choices because they think they have a say in what makes me and other barb players enjoy the class.
-thoroughly disgusted.
Reply Quote
This is a PvP whine not PvE. Pure HoTA builds do not come close to DTWW.

Guaranteed.

If this is a PVP whine then Rend should be the topic, you can't dodge it and you won't survive a crit rend from a geared Barb.
Reply Quote
Yes HOTA is pretty strong and can work very well, although I had a recent thread about whether the hammer is spammable (answer was yes but at very prohibitive costs). Most HOTA barbs will need to generate fury and will die in the course of a run at higher MP.

the sad thing though about the OP is how single minded his views are, without taking into account Blizzard's current policy towards builds, the nature of Barb builds (no HOTA is not superior to WW/DT) and the comparison with the builds of other classes.
Reply Quote
View profile
Yes HOTA is pretty strong and can work very well, although I had a recent thread about whether the hammer is spammable (answer was yes but at very prohibitive costs). Most HOTA barbs will need to generate fury and will die in the course of a run at higher MP.

the sad thing though about the OP is how single minded his views are, without taking into account Blizzard's current policy towards builds, the nature of Barb builds (no HOTA is not superior to WW/DT) and the comparison with the builds of other classes.

spam hammer is too expensive....if i get a reduce hammer cost SOJ i will sell it without thinking
Reply Quote
the thing i dont recall reading here is, granted it may be very powerfull with exactly the right gear...but what about the 90 something % of people who dont have the exact gear in order to do that, you are reducing one of their skills by at least half making one of their abilities useless just so roughly 1% of the people out there cant take advantage of something, i mean what about people in diablo 2 who would run people through hard dificultys in order to get the book from them that granted a instant extra skill point? would you have wanted to nerf skills back then because of that small %
Reply Quote
BE AFRAID! SPARTA WILL BE NERFED TO THE GROUND!
Reply Quote
03/01/2013 11:38 AMPosted by Kiro
The barbarian class with the right amount of gear required for this build

You said it yourself...with the right amount of gear which takes time to farm and doesnt come around any barb to be spamming HoTA. Why would you wanna nerf a class..instead buff all the other classes to be in line with how the barb is farming. Nerfing stuff will just make people who have farmed their !@# off to get the specific gear to QQ back and cause another mayhem.
Reply Quote
nerf wizards
http://www.twitch.tv/archonthewizard/b/373027722
Reply Quote
So whats the point of nerfing barb? Would that help you sleep at night? Don't like it leave the game. Leave what I like and many others alone.

Correct me if I am wrong this is not WoW it can be solo and not dependent on classes to raid ie tank dps and heals
Reply Quote
So have tested this build, showed it to a friend and hes going to grab all the pieces tonight.
He said hes going to do a stream of it too.
Concept is infinite wrath with 99% crit chance on hoa in top notch gear. As once this is obtained you can stand is town and cast hoa and keep wrath up en-defiantly. I will put up a link to the stream when its going.

How is this any different than WW/frenzy build? I can have 100% WoTB uptime with either build, and neither is "game breaking" as you claim it to be.

You give any class in this game near BIS items and they will have a method to stay alive indefinitely and spam the highest damage skills...even on MP10. The HoTA build you claim to be SOOOO OP and game breaking is incredibly gear dependent to be even remotely close to meeting the definition of efficient.

The barbs may have the time advantage for killing MP10 ubers but a good WKL Light monk, CM stunlock wiz, and LS Manticore DH can do the same exact thing, it just takes slightly longer.

Your argument is fundamentally flawed in that any class can be ridiculously powerful, you either lack the gear or motivation to figure it out.
Reply Quote
I give this thread a -3/10
Reply Quote
03/01/2013 11:53 AMPosted by Kiro
you do know that crits are not guaranteed to return fury right? anyway lame post =P

yes a lame post requesting a reevaluation of a class that spams a 406% weapon damage attack with a 100% crit chance.....

Lame post. First time I saw someone complaining about Barbs or any class for that matter I was shocked at how immature the player base could be. This is a PvE game. Really, people?
Reply Quote
90 Undead Monk
Diablo isn't a game that is, or ever was, about balance in any sense. Look at Diablo 1, for instance. Sorcerers could faceroll Lazarus runs with teleport spam and mana shield in basically 15 seconds. And they could do that over, and over, and over much more efficiently than the Warrior or Rogue. Was it balanced? No. Did people still greatly enjoy playing Warriors and Rogues? Absolutely.
Reply Quote
OP go back to mp0 normal scrub
Reply Quote
I am using the broken build that you are addressing. To achieve what you said I am stuck with Ik set and either a ring or ammy that would give me only cc or cd. Although some Ik set parts are good. Glove, helm, boots, and perhaps belt are not a good end game choice. (Loose max str, cd, cc, to ias compare with other gear choice). The more - fury gear I got, the more I forgo the damage boost I got from gears.

The aoe u mention is ridiculously small compared with all the other real aoe spell. If ur aoe can hit 2x more target than me than u r doing 100% more damage. Which can be argue by being superior esp when u don't need to be at 0 distance to hit the monsters.

It's ok for u to voice ur opinion but please do ur analysis by using full info.
Reply Quote
View profile
Game=Nerf freeze wiz, 0 zombie dogs, HoTA, and whatever the monk has OP going on.
Oh wait they all have something OP? Gee thats balance too. God i swear some of you people are purposely going out of your way to ruin this game making suggestions like these. Possible competitor companies. Quit whining to make the game even worse. Thanks in advance
Edited by FallenSouls#1868 on 3/3/2013 1:53 AM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]