Diablo® III

How YOU can make D3 more like D2

It seems Blizzard isn't interested in making Diablo 3 like the epic that was D2:LOD, so I've thought of a few ways we can enhance D3, just in the way we interact with it, to bring back some of the feeling D2 had.

1. Stop reporting hacks, dupes, and exploits. I'm not suggesting any of you actually go out there and hack, dupe, or exploit things - but when you come across it, don't report it. The more of this we have, the more D2 like the community will get.

2. Accept all the spammer friend requests. D2 had a very strong social component, and one of the staples of that was constantly being spammed for 3rd Party Diablo 2 websites. But we don't experience that as much in D3 because we don't accept friend requests from the spammers!

3. Pretend you have a stamina bar. Every now and then, stop running and just stand there for a moment.

4. Reroll a new character every time you want to change your build. Just because you don't 'have' to reroll a new hero doesn't mean you can't. If you want to switch your monk to a tempest rush build, make a new monk and revolve them around tempest rush!

5. Don't bind any skills to your left mouse button. Just leave it empty so you can basic attack everything all the time.

6. Don't use the AH. Just try to sell everything in chat. And only buy things in chat.

I hope this helps other diehard D2 fans get a little closer to that feeling they've been chasing since D3 launch!
Reply Quote
Here's my lulz, you can have them. =)

In all seriousness though, there's good and bad about both systems, with D2 having more depth than D3 as it stands. As for me and my house though? We shall wait for the expansion! =D
Reply Quote
Make gear with extra damage percentages much higher (like 20%) and cap the abilities extra damage at 80%. Now all of the sudden you get new items on the high tier market, and also you have to sacrifice some of the trifecta stats (CH/CHD) in order to find the right balance with this new system. Making more diverse builds possible now as well. Now you can invest that in a Nuke ability, DoT ability, or even a defensive ability (Example, Ignore pain that reflects 150% of a mobs damage back at them. Such a unique build compared to what we have now.)
Reply Quote
02/26/2013 01:18 PMPosted by Alexandros
As for me and my house though? We shall wait for the expansion! =D

I don't normally assume games (outside the Sims) cut out features intentionally to hold them off for the expansion but.... it does feel like that with D3.
Reply Quote
I cannot tell whether this topic is based on sarcasm or not. That's awesome.
Reply Quote
You forgot:

7. Delete your character if you can't log in for a couple weeks. Did you find another game that you wanted to play for a while? Is real life keeping you busy for a few weeks? Now you can experience the thrill of leveling up a new character from level 1 all over again!

8. Randomly unplug your internet connection every few minutes. D3 may never have "Realm Down" in all its glory, but this will give you a bit of the epic experience of suddenly being unable to play the game.
Reply Quote
all what whinny cry babies that loved D2 systems wants is hammerdin and Enigma, no more no less

there was one mob before patch 1.13c that you couldn't kill whit a hammerdin
Reply Quote
all what whinny cry babies that loved D2 systems wants is hammerdin and Enigma, no more no less

Necromancer too, but you can still play that by bumping old threads.
Reply Quote
8. Randomly unplug your internet connection every few minutes. D3 may never have "Realm Down" in all its glory, but this will give you a bit of the epic experience of suddenly being unable to play the game.

What I did is put my router in a box with my cat and closed the top. This creates a little more randomness as to when my game cuts out.
Reply Quote
02/26/2013 02:26 PMPosted by Zyron
You forgot the most important one OP: #1Pretent our friends actually play.

But only 3 of them at a time!
Reply Quote
Funny, I do a lot of #6.
I make a lot of WTT posts to great success.
Reply Quote
3. Pretend you have a stamina bar. Every now and then, stop running and just stand there for a moment.

Rofl. I never got why they added that bar.

5. Don't bind any skills to your left mouse button. Just leave it empty so you can basic attack everything all the time.

This one isn't fair, though. You could use f1-f8 to quickly select skills for your secondary button, plus assigning an extra one as your main attack. I still prefer D3's UI, but it wasn't all that bad, lol.
Reply Quote
02/26/2013 02:22 PMPosted by Risen
Nice idea, good heart you have.

My dad always taught me not to complain - but to take action!
Reply Quote
View profile
lol
Reply Quote
WIth all of D3's improvements over D2 it sill manages to be terrible because the itemization is so terrible and the randomization is non-existant.
Reply Quote
Very clever! +1
Reply Quote
02/26/2013 06:42 PMPosted by Zaqwert
WIth all of D3's improvements over D2 it sill manages to be terrible because the itemization is so terrible and the randomization is non-existant.

Not as good as D2. But terrible? No, that is an overstatement.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]