Diablo® III

Move speed cap. Why?

I'm really lazy with following D3 updates, so this whole rant could completely misinformed, but is the MS cap still 25%? And if so, why does that exist? Maybe it was explained a long time ago and I just missed it, but what is the point of capping it?

Was it for PVP? And if so, look at what we've ended up with. There's no death match PVP, or any PVP ladder or WoW-esque ranking system; It's just this dueling crap for the lols (I'm sorry brawling). Do people really give a dead horse's last !@#$ about balance in something like that?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u-Zd7YD3uuM
10:00min

"Go out, have fun, be free, and make the Diablo character you want to make."
-Jay Wilson

Well Blizzard; The character I want to make runs insanely fast, and I feel like you're limiting my self-expression.
Edited by IllIllllIllI#1363 on 3/2/2013 7:36 PM PST
Reply Quote
agree, they capped it to 25% for no reason...theres not even that many items that give movement speed
Reply Quote
48% +passives would be badass all the time, can you get more than boots/bracer/chest/pants? Wrath + Speed shrine + Gear, faster than the Galactic Jackalope.
Reply Quote
There's actually a lot...

Tyreals: 12
300th Spear: 12
Lacuni: 12
Pride of Cassius: 11
Inna's: 12
Almost All Boots: 12
Flavor of Time: 12
Band of Untold Secrets or Compass: 11/12

And those are all different slots. I would wear all of those if this silly cap didn't exist. That and I would pick up sprint; Would be fun as hell zipping all over the place.

WHY BLIZZARD? WHY?
Edited by IllIllllIllI#1363 on 3/2/2013 7:36 PM PST
Reply Quote
dude...there arent ALOT of items with movement speed

half those items are crap and u wont never ever use them

im talking about quality items with movement speed
Reply Quote
It's simple, really. Moving faster than 125% isn't fun. Think about you, you'll outrun every mob and object in the entire game. Why would you want your character to feel powerful? Blizzard knows as well as I do that fun is about grinding monotonously at low speeds. It's why teleport is junk compared to Diablo 2 teleport. Why would you want to use skills over and over when you can wait for them on cooldown?

You guys don't know anything, Bli$$ard knows best.
Reply Quote
At least raise the movement speed cap. It would make the game far more fun. Moving like a turtle gets boring.
Reply Quote
might have something to do with monster movement speed? so you cant just avoid damage super easily because you move so fast, and also maybe they just dont want people playing the game like sonic the hedgehog moving super fast all the time.
Reply Quote
A 24% increase to MS cap would be realistic, every time I hit a fleeting shrine and pop WoTB I feel like I'm playing the game at the speed it was meant to be played. It's not game breaking, plenty of mobs can hit me/catch up to me. My barb is P100 and this is the only reason I keep playing him, every other class is just ridiculously slow.
Reply Quote
it's blizzards logical way of making it possible to have a crap load of movement speed on multiple items but then tell you it would be pointless to equip more then 2 slots. they only did this to try and slow down the botting gold farmers who were running around destroying objects while just running through the map.

maybe people would find it fun to have a lot of movement speed and use lower items to farm inferno

either way instead of just banning the botters they decided to give less options to players
Reply Quote
03/02/2013 10:08 PMPosted by videogame
might have something to do with monster movement speed? so you cant just avoid damage super easily because you move so fast, and also maybe they just dont want people playing the game like sonic the hedgehog moving super fast all the time.

Why not? IF you play with friends they wouldnt care IF you play by yourself, you would think its awesome (or at least freshly different). IF you play public games, would not hurt a damn thing since public game fail already with all the leeches/noobs. There is no reason not to do it from a player's standpoint.
Reply Quote
03/02/2013 10:08 PMPosted by videogame

The game's already been dumbed down to a total joke, after they said they weren't going to nerf Inferno so everyone could do it. Who cares, it's easy as hell anyway.
Reply Quote
03/03/2013 08:40 AMPosted by DeadRu
I know you are a guy that wants everything handed to him. I figure your here for the cash not the game. go play TK2, oh wait you can't make money over there.

Selling items for $$$? Lol, what a middle-class concept.
Reply Quote
would make a cool affix maybe on a legendary to increase max movespeed from gear by 10%.
Reply Quote
Don't you have fun waiting to find the next monster group? Why would you want to find monsters to kill any faster?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]