Diablo® III

Move speed cap. Why?

Movement speed cap is at where it is because blizzard considered the additional movement speed buff of passives and shrine. If people were running way faster than the passives and shrine buff, you will get more "rubberbanning effect" in which the game cannot process fast enough for the next frame of action. So they had to set a movement speed cap in order to avoid such a fate.. of course that has to do with bad coding... For example a tempest rush monk already has enough problem with rubberbanning if he's going way too fast for the game.
Reply Quote
03/03/2013 02:26 PMPosted by CrniVuk
They should fix it then.
They definitely should. Yes.

Although I think that fixing it involves making the game synced instead of asynced.

I think making it asynced was a serious lack of hindsight.
Reply Quote
need for speed
Reply Quote
up
Reply Quote
03/03/2013 02:45 PMPosted by vexorian
They should fix it then.
They definitely should. Yes.

Although I think that fixing it involves making the game synced instead of asynced.

I think making it asynced was a serious lack of hindsight.

How do you make a "synced" game? Since user input is asynchronous and all ...
Reply Quote
Ever played Starcraft 2? Game with no rubber banding? Game that desyncs when there is a strange bug with local code? (Which are rare) . Game in which bad latency lowers your fps?

Well duh, input is asyncronous, but in D3 the movement is not. Two players in the same party can sometimes see their heroes in completely different positions in their screens when there is bad lag. It has happened to me plenty of times when playing with my brother in two computers next to each other. This is what makes the rubber banding happen. Because sometimes the server really disagrees with your movement and notices it a bit ... late.
Edited by vexorian#1817 on 3/3/2013 3:00 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
Cause everyone will try to get 100% movement and it will be number 1 stat to go for. Nobody will care for the other stats.
Reply Quote
Almost has to be the fact that if you put movement speed items in every slot the rubberbanding and de-syncing would become a problem.
Reply Quote
so you mean it isnt an problem already?

"Many Hardcore Characters died to bring us this information"
Reply Quote
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6d8wUvIXBPw
D2 had it right.
Reply Quote
Its so much more fun when you find a fleeting shrine.

That is all...
Reply Quote
03/03/2013 03:45 PMPosted by Herppderpp
Cause everyone will try to get 100% movement and it will be number 1 stat to go for. Nobody will care for the other stats.

Here is you answer folks.
Reply Quote
03/03/2013 03:45 PMPosted by Herppderpp

You mean like how everyone goes for CHC CHD now?
Reply Quote
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6d8wUvIXBPw
D2 had it right.

D2 was an real H&S though ...

03/03/2013 05:47 PMPosted by Halley

Here is you answer folks.

not an good answer.

If it is such an big problem for them, then they should simply increase the speed of ALL characters by 25 or 30%.

The game is simply way to slow, even if you have the highest movement speed it still feels like youre crawling over the place.

Might be also because the areas (even act 3) dont have enough monsters.
Reply Quote
03/03/2013 07:37 PMPosted by IllIllllIllI

You mean like how everyone goes for CHC CHD now?

That is a big reason among many other reasons for the cap. Almost everyone has 12% move and most people are at 24%. Ice climbers with move are extremely expensive so none of mine ever had move. I am not too obsessed about being fast. I do have the gear for 24% move on all my heros but I am gimping myself in dps and especially ehp so I save the move for lower MP.
Reply Quote
It's simple, really. Moving faster than 125% isn't fun. Think about you, you'll outrun every mob and object in the entire game. Why would you want your character to feel powerful? Blizzard knows as well as I do that fun is about grinding monotonously at low speeds. It's why teleport is junk compared to Diablo 2 teleport. Why would you want to use skills over and over when you can wait for them on cooldown?

You guys don't know anything, Bli$$ard knows best.

So what games have you produced? I'm curious how they stack up against Blizzards games, since you obviously know much more than Blizzard about what's fun.
Reply Quote
My guess is that de-sync issues would be rediculous in public games if everyone had their MS jacked. Also, the disparity between non-ms players and those stacking crazy MS would just be hard to deal with. (just a thought)

I would love if they at least upped the MS limit to 36%. (3 slots) I don't think many people would stack more than this anyway as MS typically removes a DPS value slot.
Reply Quote
Agree
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]