Diablo® III

Let's Play - HC MP10 using a PS3 Controller?

Hey guys, when I heard the news about Diablo 3 coming to the PS4 I was kind of in shock. I've been away from Diablo for months now but this kind of got me back into the mood of playing again.

I wanted to do something different this time so I decided to figure out a way to play with a PS3 controller on the PC. I have searched for otehr people that have done this and really only found one thread that has some information on it. Some of you may know how already but for those of you who don't I strongly reccomend you try it out.

Now a lot of people will argue that this is a PC game, using a controller is stupid and a waste of time. Now granted, there are ups and downs to this idea. The main one being a keyboard and mouse are much more veritile than a controller. With Diablo 3 though, you have very little buttons to use versus a MMO like WoW or something else. This makes using the controller a lot less hectic than you think. Other than that, it's very much more relaxing. Your wrists don't start to hurt after moving the mouse forever and you can sit back in your chair in a more comfortable manor this way.

Anyway, I started a Let's Play. Mainly because I wanted something different to do.

I am playing Hardcore, MP10, no auction house, and using a PS3 controller the whole time. Check it out, it is a lot easier than it sounds. And like I said, I really reccomend it.

Here is a video of my Let's Play:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w9yVikADtQA

Here is a video of the PS3 to PC tutorial for those of you interested in trying it out:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0jMtmgFHOJI

---

On another note, here are the controls I use. For anyone that has tried this let me know what you think of my button choice.

Left Analog - Move Mouse
Right Analog - Empty

X - Hotkey 1
Square - Hotkey 2
Triangle - Hotkey 3
Circle - Hotkey 4

R1 - Left Click
R2 - Right Click
L1 - Left Shift
L2 - Left Ctrl

D-Up - Potion
D-Right - Skills Menu
D-Down - Town Portal
D-Left - Empty

Start - Inventory Menu
Select - Escape Menu
Reply Quote
great videos. im getting that downloading right now. I have Xmapper so i can use my xbox controller for some emulators i have.
Reply Quote
I did have a move mouse button on mine(l anolog, but my r analog had a spring to where it jumped back to the dead zone if I flicked it. I was also able to move with the r trigger like this for dierectional movement if I hekd in the left l1 trigger. Overall more usefull than a laptop mouse and key board, but not beating a traditional mouse and keyboard setup. The problem comes from them not including wasd movement among other things. Hope we get real in game joystick support and voice chat since ps3-4 will have it.
Reply Quote
You spoke for the entire time but gave no information on how it was to actually use a controller.

I noticed a lot of misses with your attacks, why was that?
Reply Quote
Thanks for watching. Glad you guys enjoyed it. For the laptop comment, I didn't even think about that. People without a mouse on a laptop will benefit a lot from this.

And Mifkin,
The controller feels so much better than using mouse and keyboard. Until I come across a big road block for using it, it will stay as my primary controls. As for me missing, this lets play is the first time I've tried it out, so there is bound to be imperfections. Hell, even with a mouse and keyboard I have misclicks.
Reply Quote
Does anyone have any suggestions on what to use for Left DPad and the Right Joystick?
Reply Quote
Bump.
Reply Quote
Bump.
Reply Quote
Haha. You know the official console version is going to control the character more directly, right? I'm hoping it's like Pikmin.
Reply Quote
03/02/2013 11:14 PMPosted by Zen
Haha. You know the official console version is going to control the character more directly, right? I'm hoping it's like Pikmin.

Yeah well obviously it is going to be more integrated for the console version. We won't need a mouse click and a pointer at all im assuming.
Reply Quote
Bump.
Reply Quote
Bump.
Reply Quote
stalking is fun

my 360 controller setup
X-Left Click
Y-Inventory
A-Follower
B-Right Click
LB-1,RB-2,LT-3,RT-4
LStick- move mouse
Start-Menu
Back-Map
U-Potion
D-Portal
Reply Quote
I play on a laptop with the mouse touch pad and i do just fine im sure a controller isnt going to be an issue for anyone
Reply Quote
a xbox 360 controller is a lot easier to get working with a pc
Reply Quote
Ill have to try using my skills 1 through 4 as my Left and Right bumpers and try using Cross/Circle as my mouse clicks. Im not sure which is more comfortable yet. (:

03/03/2013 05:54 PMPosted by Cybralisk
I play on a laptop with the mouse touch pad and i do just fine im sure a controller isnt going to be an issue for anyone

No one said this option was a solution to any issue we had.

03/03/2013 05:58 PMPosted by MikeAkaJB
a xbox 360 controller is a lot easier to get working with a pc

Yeah, microsoft on a PC makes sense. Although D3 is coming to PS3 and PS4 not the box! (:
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]