Diablo® III

Anything else to do other than farming act 3?

Hi everyone, I'm madan, the guy who enjoyed diablo 3 a full month after it's release and then quited because Inferno was too mother fudging hard.

I am back now for a week or so, started at inferno MP0. All I've done in the past 20hours of gameplay is farm act 3 over and over and over again. I started with 100kcash and horrible gear (9kdps, 600all resistances and 75k life) and now after a week I'm in MP5 doing pretty well in my opinion.

I would like to know, is there anything else to do other than farm act3? I mean it's getting pretty boring already. What do you guys do to get money and items?

Thanks alot,

Madan, the guy trying his best to enjoy Diablo III.
Reply Quote
Farm act 1, 2 or 4
Reply Quote
and then realize they are not as efficient like act 3 and return to your usual routine ...
Reply Quote
^
Reply Quote
You could farm keys and do ubers, I've been doing that the past couple days, and that's nice to break up the monotony of doing act 3 over and over.
Reply Quote
03/03/2013 10:09 AMPosted by CrniVuk
and then realize they are not as efficient like act 3 and return to your usual routine ...

not everybody plays for efficiency. the very fact that people are asking for something else shows this.
Reply Quote
Act 3 or bust

The other acts need to have their monster density brought up to par
Reply Quote
View profile
03/03/2013 10:12 AMPosted by TeejayMac
u could farm keys and do ubers, I've been doing that the past couple days, and that's nice to break up the monotony of doing act 3 over and over.

I try for a key at the end of every run.
Reply Quote
03/03/2013 10:18 AMPosted by Nighthunter4
I try for a key at the end of every run.

This.

When I have 3 keys, I farm keys in Act 1 and 2 so I can craft 3 machines. It helps break the monotony of running Act 3 forever.
Reply Quote
You can find just as good of legendaries in Act 2. Find the Vault of the Assassin. Lots of elite packs in there and it will save the checkpoint for you you start there every game. You will find lots of demonic essences to craft with as well.
Reply Quote
Act 3 MP0 is widely considered to be the most efficient area but you spoil the fun if you only ever farm the few zones there.

Farming higher MP difficulties are perfectly viable now.
I've farmed MP4+ almost exclusively since 1.0.7 and still get plenty of XP and legendary drops.

Act 2 VotA is more efficient than Act 3 but is a smaller area.
Act 1 offers plenty of elites in fairly close succession as well but doesn't keep up with Act 3.

Only Act 4 disappoints. Even then, it's not a terrible choice when you carry over after killing Azmodan. It's just clearly the worst act in the game.
Reply Quote
03/03/2013 10:14 AMPosted by Keltest

not everybody plays for efficiency. the very fact that people are asking for something else shows this.

its not just efficiency. Its also about fun. And seriously, take act 2 as example. Probably one of the most boring locations ever. Not only are many of the maps small (doesnt feel like desert really) but the density is very low. I dont enjoy it to walk 20 sec, oh another 3-4 enemies, again walking 20 sec. there again ... and so on.

act 3 is also the map with the most fun, it has some of the easiest mobs and monsters as well. Act4? Some of the stupiest mobs ever. Partcularly the terror deamons which can decrease your healing by 75%(!), Suckubus, lots of kiting creatures and so on.
Reply Quote
Act 3 MP0 is widely considered to be the most efficient area but you spoil the fun if you only ever farm the few zones there.

Farming higher MP difficulties are perfectly viable now.
I've farmed MP4+ almost exclusively since 1.0.7 and still get plenty of XP and legendary drops.

I've been farming Act 3 on MP0 to MP3 for many many hours. Must be at least 50 - 60 hours, switching between a couple of classes and I've found exactly nothing! I haven't found anything in the last 100 hours or so of game play. Pretty much given up on the game. The only thing you can do after beating to inferno on a few classes is grind for loot. But finding anything is damn near impossible, at least for me anyway.

I keep reading post after post with people saying "farm this area, legendary drops every 10 minutes!!!" or something similar. So, like an idiot, I keep playing and waiting for that lucky drop and still, I get absolutley nothing.

Actually, I did get 1 level 63 legendary crossbow yesterday that had a massive dps of almost 400! Took about 5 seconds to turn it into brimstone. I mean wtf a level 63 legendary with 360 dps?

One thing i've been trying to find is a decent wand. I can never get even a yellow one to drop. I finally got one to drop this morning, ilvl 63 - dps 271. Again wtf?
Edited by BlayneRTFM#1654 on 3/3/2013 11:23 AM PST
Reply Quote
The monster density in parts of Act 1 and Act 2 rivals the densest parts of Act 3.

There are so many giant pools of skeletons in VOTA in act 2, and plenty of creature generators in act 1 that produce additional creatures if you are on an MP high enough to not 1-shot everything you hit.

I would take VOTA over any spot in act 3: The map paths are different tiles, but they all connect the same way, so you can avoid all dead ends and still pretty much full clear.

Act 1 is tricky, in that lots of spots seem empty if you don't approach them correctly. For example, if you see a group of several skeleton summoners, you can get their attention, but then keep going around a path to circle back later to many more skeletons.
Reply Quote
I've been farming Act 3 on MP0 to MP3 for many many hours. Must be at least 50 - 60 hours, switching between a couple of classes and I've found exactly nothing! I haven't found anything in the last 100 hours or so of game play. Pretty much given up on the game. The only thing you can do after beating to inferno on a few classes is grind for loot. But finding anything is damn near impossible, at least for me anyway.

Have you tried the new crafting? Seems like it would be a significant improvement over your current gear.
Reply Quote
Only way to be efficient is Act 3.
Reply Quote
WTH am i supposed to do after farming act 1,2,3 and 4?
Reply Quote
farming them some moar?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]