Diablo® III

Magic Find does nothing

Can't sell anything anymore, no legendary drops, I think I am going to look for something else to play. GG Blizzard.
Reply Quote

lol says you. i find plenty of legs on mp10

Yes but youd find alot more on mp0-1.

Not true, I farm on mp 8-10 and find way more legendaries then I do speed farming on mp 0-1.
Reply Quote

lol says you. i find plenty of legs on mp10

Yes but youd find alot more on mp0-1.

Funny you and everyone still think this is true. Maybe for you and your build, but I find more leg drops in mp10 than mp1. Not to mention its way more fun to run MP10
Reply Quote
It's all about luck and bad luck.
I farmed only mp 0-1 and sometimes I found 5-6 legs per run. Sometimes no legs for 3 days straight.
Reply Quote
This is how i have noticed if i plauyed in mp 3 or less i get much more legend maybe about 2 to 3 in 3 hours or so due to klling faster but less exp . But when i played mp 5 to 6 iget less legendary drop maybe 1 per 4 to 5 hours but gain faster exp but takes longer to kll per enemy..depends what you are farming for.. For exp run go for high mp for more legend drop go for mp 3 or less
Reply Quote
http://www.diablowiki.net/Magic_find#Magic_Find_in_Diablo_III

^
Reply Quote
My experience has been the complete opposite to the OP.

Anecdotal evidence is worth 0.
Reply Quote
This thread has never been posted before. Thank you for bringing it to our attention.
Reply Quote
i started seeing more legs now that im doing mp5(thanks BOA) none have been good but i am seeing more than when i could only do mp1-2
Reply Quote
In the past two evenings doing mp 6 runs I have found 30 (ish) legendaries. Granted most were complete crap but there are still a lot of legendaries dropping.
Reply Quote
Guys perhaps you can all ask a more interesting question, how many legen have you ever found?
I have found over 800. Sure I play a lot but only in public on low mps. So the notion of higher mps find more legens is crap. MF caps at 300, so technically you all in this thread have over that if you play mp 3 max, the only thing that high mp grants is that extra drops chance but that is not only legen, it includes all that crap that drops.

From my experience the only thing that makes the most difference is really fast monster kills. You should average 1 legen drop per 300 monster kills. And for those who just run through white mob just to get to elites, white mobs drop about 40% of the legen, so you can certainly farm fast acts like in 30 minutes, but you miss a lot, which is what I see everyone who posts say they do.

We all want it quick right, but this game makes you work for it. And yes I have over 80,000 elite kills lol.
Reply Quote
@ 500% MF - Monk: I get tons of rares / legends = 99.9% all vendor trash.

@ under 200% MF - WD / Wiz: I get stuff worth up to 100 mil...get less rare / legends.= 89.9% vendor trash
Reply Quote
Games like LoL crap a new champion every month or so. A whole new unit with voice acting, animations, skins, etc.

I don't see why the D3 team wouldn't be able to come up with a fresh batch of new legendaries every patch or so.

There sould be hundreds and hundreds of legendary items, not 1 per type per item level.
We'd always have a new reason to go out to farm, try out new builds promoted by the new item's unique properties, you get the picture.

EDIT: Sorry kinda off topic, just wanted to post what would make the game less boring to me :P
Edited by Pickering#1242 on 3/3/2013 11:09 PM PST
Reply Quote
Guys perhaps you can all ask a more interesting question, how many legen have you ever found?
I have found over 800. Sure I play a lot but only in public on low mps. So the notion of higher mps find more legens is crap. MF caps at 300, so technically you all in this thread have over that if you play mp 3 max, the only thing that high mp grants is that extra drops chance but that is not only legen, it includes all that crap that drops.

From my experience the only thing that makes the most difference is really fast monster kills. You should average 1 legen drop per 300 monster kills. And for those who just run through white mob just to get to elites, white mobs drop about 40% of the legen, so you can certainly farm fast acts like in 30 minutes, but you miss a lot, which is what I see everyone who posts say they do.

We all want it quick right, but this game makes you work for it. And yes I have over 80,000 elite kills lol.

You do understand that the MF cap of 300% applies to gear+follower+fortune shrines+paragon level bonus right? It doesn't apply to MP levels or stacks. So, technically, I believe the base cap you can achieve is 300+75(5 stacks)+250(Mp10) for a total of 625%. I'm not totally clear on how the percentages get applied, but I believe if you are hunting MP0 with no MF and full stacks (75%) and I am hunting MP10 with full MF and stacks (625%) I have a 550% better chance at getting legendaries/6 property rares than you do. That sounds like a ton, but in reality, the odds of a leg dropping could be a base of .001. So, a 75% boost would only be .00175 and a 625 boost would be .00725. Not exactly a sure thing. If you can kill stuff 10x quicker than I can, then you get 10 more rolls vs. my 1 and can start to even the odds due the volume of rolls. There are many on this forum though that can kill stuff in the higher MP levels just as quickly as you might at MP0-1 due to their excellent gear. I'm a firm believer that you are better off trying to play at an MP level as high as possible that still gives you minor resistance if you are maximizing treasure finding.

You can see this all on a nifty little chart here:
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/23390546/D3/MF%20Article/BinomialD_analysis_legendary.jpg

You can read all about MF here:
http://www.diablofans.com/topic/57939-magic-find-and-its-efficiency-a-statistical-insight/
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]