Diablo® III

Dps on weapons are stupid

We all acknowledge itemization issues. Well, I found 3 iLvl 63 wands and managed to get pretty good affixes for them.

Wand 1: 160+ int, 130+ vit, 2.5% life steal, socket, 63% crit damage
Wand 2: 200+ int, 100+ vit, 9 APoC, 8% attk speed
Wand 3: 180+ int, 100+ vit, 8% attk speed, 80% crit damage, socket.

Now, i'm not good at pricing anything but I'd say those affixes are valued for a few mil.
Why in the hell do my dps rolls for iLvl 63 wands in INFERNO roll to

Wand 1: 252 dps
Wand 2: 500 dps
Wand 3: 343 dps
Reply Quote
Because if all weapons rolled with huge dps, then those affixes you found would be worthless because people would only look for 95%+ crit, 3.0% lifesteal, socket, and perfect int/vit/ap on crit/etc.

Don't be stupid.
Reply Quote
03/03/2013 10:36 AMPosted by Daaammmnn
RNG

That, and the loot nerf a long time ago. I think before 1.0.3, the lower limit on rolls was much higher. You would never see an ilvl63 weapon with 250 dps.
Reply Quote
View profile
We all acknowledge itemization issues. Well, I found 3 iLvl 63 wands and managed to get pretty good affixes for them.

Now, i'm not good at pricing anything but I'd say those affixes are valued for a few mil.

did you know ppl where saying this during beta
Reply Quote
yeah and some believe we still are ...
Reply Quote
look there are always people with worst RNG luck than you. me for example i have never gotten:

- mempos (zero)
- butcher's sickle (zero)
- IK chest (zero)
- 1K dps with decent stats with socket
& many others worth / have a chance to worth something

have gotten:
- 10 to 15 manticores - always single socket / int roll / & under 1K dps...
- average 10 easy brims daily...hellcats / ivory tower / 2 hd legends (not skorn)

try logging for over 1600 hours than come back and talk about your terrible RNG...
Reply Quote
68339 elite kills and ...still that gear. Damn you DO have some terrible luck :/

with 50k elite kills on your monk alone you should be a lot further. But oh well ... we all get screwed by the RNG one way or another. It seems one really can only do a lot of stuff in D3 if he knows how to flip, either burgers in real life or items in the AH.
Reply Quote
You do understand the implications when higher DPS become more available, right? You are basically asking Blizzard to hand the best gear to you after clearing one act.

Part of what makes people play this game is because they keep trying to find better items. The moment you have the best gear the only goal left is going to Paragon level 100 or leveling up a different character.

There is nothing wrong with itemization. The problem is there is not enough interesting and different rewards to keep people busy during their search for better equipment.
Reply Quote

ask your lucky star. you need to wake him up. I play around 3- 4 hours per day since i have school break. It's damn boring and tired but i still keep doing why ? because it's RNG. If you dont have patience and dont want to farm then this is not your game. The best thing i get from drop and roll is tal rasha amulet. I got 15 mil from it.
Reply Quote
I have never found a 1 hand weapon with over 955+ dps and anything over 800 dps is once in a blue moon
Edited by Asbestos#1241 on 3/3/2013 1:58 PM PST
Reply Quote
look there are always people with worst RNG luck than you. me for example i have never gotten:

- mempos (zero)
- butcher's sickle (zero)
- IK chest (zero)
- 1K dps with decent stats with socket
& many others worth / have a chance to worth something

have gotten:
- 10 to 15 manticores - always single socket / int roll / & under 1K dps...
- average 10 easy brims daily...hellcats / ivory tower / 2 hd legends (not skorn)

try logging for over 1600 hours than come back and talk about your terrible RNG...

I'm still looking for my first Mempo and IK Eternal Reign too, as well as an IK Triumph. I've lucked out with Skorn's though.
Reply Quote
View profile
Havent found a mempo or iceclimber, found every other inferno leg that can drop though. Better get a crit mempo when i finally do get one :)
Reply Quote
IMO the raw DPS on weapons needs to be reworked, its deceptive often.

Also, slots need to be removed from weapons under their current state. What is the point of a slot when every single person put an emerald in it? And again the empty slot makes the overall DPS on the weapon deceptive, since its not calculating the inevitable placement of crit damage in that slot (yeah i realize different gems mean different values)

For most people who dont use a spread sheet or a dps calculator, its far too easy to spend a bunch of gold of a weapon you think is going to be a significant improvement, only to find out its not, or worse a slight downgrade upon slotting and equipping it.
Reply Quote
This is a failure on itemization.

They should had made it like D2 so that weapon damage and stats are additive.

Thus a 800 DPS 300 STR item would be equal to a 1100 DPS item. Not like currently where rolling primary stats means less chance to roll that all important weapon damage. (Because you can't get as much via other slots)
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]