Diablo® III

Are you kidding me Blizzard ???

I'm 44 and not exactly new to rpg's either so I dare to say my expectations aren't overeager or unreal but at this momnt I'm so frustrated I have to make this post.

My wife and I share a account and both play a lot. I'm at home being long time disabled from work so gaming is a nice distraction. Right now I play a wizard level 60 almost paragon 30. We don't buy gold so gearwise were dependant on farming and drops.

I actually got a hat for my wizard a yellow drop that is completely awesome. Otherwise I got 11 legendary's till now. That might sound like a lot but if you consider my 150+ hours on wizard and 70+ on barbarian that isn't very hot.

Of those 11 drops 3 were actually nice. A green barbarian staff, a pair of zunimasa's boots and a Unity ring. But the other's .... You see a brown drop and your heart makes a little jump, WOOHOO a legendary !!

But......... the barbarian staff and zuni's both lotted so bad that they represent no monetary or tradevalue at all. And then I gotten 2 Cindercoats ( does anybody use or buy these at all ? and 3 !!!!!!!!! Dark Mage's Shades. No matter what stats you get on those there completely uses for any job and easily surpasssed by most yellow drops...

Could we PLEASE not get the same legendary twice ?? So if you hit a superdrop you are lucky but know you should use it or sell and need to rebuy when you level a charactert that needs it. And it stops people from getting this utter crap drops over and over again. I desynthed most !@#$ legendary's but its hardly worth while crafting from the items that you gain from that.

Right now I feel screwed. I guess it's time to say goodbye to the Diablo series that we played from the first part on. I just ordered Crysis 3 and I would be suprised if I return after finishing that ....
Reply Quote
its ok crysis only lasted for like 4 hours for me. although it was fun for sure.
Reply Quote
Unless you get lucky and get a drop worth a few hundred million... or spend a 5-10$ to get gold... you will be stuck in "Diablo 3 Limbo"... you will never have more than a few million gold... you will never farm "efficiently". When you are not playing this game efficiently, its not fun... it feels like work.
Reply Quote
I'm 44 and not exactly new to rpg's either so I dare to say my expectations aren't overeager or unreal but at this momnt I'm so frustrated I have to make this post.

My wife and I share a account and both play a lot. I'm at home being long time disabled from work so gaming is a nice distraction. Right now I play a wizard level 60 almost paragon 30. We don't buy gold so gearwise were dependant on farming and drops.

I actually got a hat for my wizard a yellow drop that is completely awesome. Otherwise I got 11 legendary's till now. That might sound like a lot but if you consider my 150+ hours on wizard and 70+ on barbarian that isn't very hot.

Of those 11 drops 3 were actually nice. A green barbarian staff, a pair of zunimasa's boots and a Unity ring. But the other's .... You see a brown drop and your heart makes a little jump, WOOHOO a legendary !!

But......... the barbarian staff and zuni's both lotted so bad that they represent no monetary or tradevalue at all. And then I gotten 2 Cindercoats ( does anybody use or buy these at all ? and 3 !!!!!!!!! Dark Mage's Shades. No matter what stats you get on those there completely uses for any job and easily surpasssed by most yellow drops...

Could we PLEASE not get the same legendary twice ?? So if you hit a superdrop you are lucky but know you should use it or sell and need to rebuy when you level a charactert that needs it. And it stops people from getting this utter crap drops over and over again. I desynthed most !@#$ legendary's but its hardly worth while crafting from the items that you gain from that.

Right now I feel screwed. I guess it's time to say goodbye to the Diablo series that we played from the first part on. I just ordered Crysis 3 and I would be suprised if I return after finishing that ....

Chill out. Game is game. if it doesnt satisfy you , just move on. Find something else or do healthy activities.
Reply Quote
You need to calm down. You have issues, my friend.
Reply Quote
Most drops suck... Welcome to D3 and why there's 100000's of threads on itemization sucking.
Reply Quote
03/03/2013 03:40 PMPosted by Glock
Unless you get lucky and get a drop worth a few hundred million... or spend a 5-10$ to get gold... you will be stuck in "Diablo 3 Limbo"... you will never have more than a few million gold... you will never farm "efficiently". When you are not playing this game efficiently, its not fun... it feels like work.

pretty much yeah ... its kinda sad really that Blizzard is doing the SAME mistake over and over again.

Not only was D2 that way (in the begining, but they fixed it!) but Diablo 3 was the same with 1.0. For some strange reason Blizzard though it would be good to make Inferno easier instead of giving people more chances to find the loot to beat the content ... and they also nerfed IAS a lot (by 50% I think?). Instead of fixing eventually itemisation they later also doubled the drop rates ... which didnt helped really. It was awesome in the begining, because you found some stuff, but soon enough a lot of items became wortheless.

Now with the MP levels we see the SAME issue again. People would like to play higher MP levels, some maybe can even play those, but as far as "items" and "farming" goes, anything past MP6 is not very rewarding. Unless you have more then 400k DPS. Yet even if you play higher MP levels "efficiently" all you get are "more" items, nothing else. You might find more Legendary items, a lot more, particularly combined with high Paragorn levels, but the quality isnt better.

And thats the issue. People can not really find the items to either trade or use to play higher MP levels. It is a lot easier to farm the Gold for the items or to get the gold in somer other way (fliping items, gems you craft and sell etc.) instead of finding those items eventually.

Why cant MP levels increase the quality of items and reduce a bit the "quantity". So that items you find on MP1 will be eventually good enough to push you to MP2 and 3 and on MP2 to Mp3-4 and so on. Of course you should not gear up for the most difficult content in 1 week. But still, at least over time you would get some rewards for playing higher difficulities. It should also come with new items. Maybe take some of the low lvl legendaries and make "Monster Power" versions of them! Imagine an item like Maximums with higher Quality so its usefull! Or Frostburn gauntlets! And many more.
Reply Quote
It is a dilemma. Taking in another extreme, you want god like item drop every second for everyone including yourself.

Give some thought into the Echo Fury that sold for Eur 7,500.

Imagine everyone is able to get one if they played enough (let say per 1000 hours)
Reply Quote
Don't even complain. I've rolled like over 30 mighty belts and ivory towers. It's insane.

Play or don't play.

Complain or don't complain.

The choice is yours.
Reply Quote
Really, something sold for 7500? EUR

Some people, that is like a dollar to them. I am sure there are a lot of Rich kids out there that plays Diablo and have a weekly allowance of $50k
Reply Quote
He most certainly does NOT have issues and this is an accepted critique - even from Game Developers and Designers. So lay off the bullying.

EVERYONE knows this is a problem and last I checked it was a public forum so why do all you peons feel the need to wail on a guy making an honest post..?

If you read a post and your first and most compelling response is to hit "Reply" and tell the guy to qui or play something else, do us all a favor and just DON'T...

The drops in this game are shamefull... Flat out proven fact.
Reply Quote
Nowadays, everytime I see a pillar of light, I go "Yay more brimstones!" rather than "Cool, here's a possible upgrade!".
Reply Quote
...or...you could figure out what is valuable in this game...hit the AH...find a super deal posted by someone who didn't understand what is valuable...flip it for mega gp...and then simply buy what you want, upgrade to a higher MP level...and enjoy life as legendaries drop much more frequently over MP5.

Yes, I know its not the perfect solution, but I'll tell you right now, you will enjoy this game way more with 100+ million in your coffers. If you want to craft something, upgrade a gem, buy a little nicer ring, etc.. you don't have to freak about whether to do it or not. You can just enjoy.
Reply Quote
03/03/2013 03:38 PMPosted by Ramira
My wife and I share a account
Ooops shouldn't have said that in the forums. Pretty sure it is not allowed.
Reply Quote
View profile
I think you would change your tune if you got two Mempo of Twilights to drop.
Reply Quote
It is a dilemma. Taking in another extreme, you want god like item drop every second for everyone including yourself.

Give some thought into the Echo Fury that sold for Eur 7,500.

Imagine everyone is able to get one if they played enough (let say per 1000 hours)

thats not the point. I dont expect super items to drop every 10 sec. that would be obviously stupid.

But to not even have a chance to get items the "regular" way to play higher difficulties is also stupid. Not even Diablo 2 did that. And most games which are similar (be it MMO or not) offer you at least access to late game content one way or another. Now what is "late" game in D3? It definitely is not MP0 on Inferno. Not anymore.

We have the same issue like with 1.0 when D3 was fresh. People enjoyed Inferno, but they had no chance at all as far as NORMAL(!) humans go to get to the end game. And the same is true for the higher MP levels. Now someone will sure say "but ... but those are for the elite players! Flippers, Credit Card dual wield builds and exploiters!". Well. Thats what Inferno 1.0 was too! And people left the game in huge numbers. D3 is not a game that works with an minority of hardcore gamers. No one is saying that things should be easy. People understanding the economy or playing 48 ours each day will of course always beat the content "very fast". And I am not complaining. But currently the normal player has no chance to see any progression at all.
Reply Quote

So if I get a legendary that I want, but it has bad rolls, I have no shot at getting another roll on it??

I'll pass thanks. Good luck in Crysis, I hope it's everything you want in a game and more. You and your wife will be missed.
Reply Quote
Relax OP it took me 900 hours running my barb to find him an echo fury.

900 hours if you include all the other charaters hours in before I started farming with my barb.
Reply Quote
Crysis games are generic, medicore at best.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]