Diablo® III

#1 WD Locust Swarm 85Mil Xp Hr. (Perfected)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aB0r80tJLQU

TNTrice back AGAIN! I have perfected the locust swarm build and route. achieving a whopping 85mil xp per hour ! My next goal will be 100mil an hr but for now 85 is great and I'm very impressed.

In this video i go into more details on the mechanics of locust swarm how exactly it works and clearing up all the negative rumors such as it not hitting mobs off screen or leaving many mobs behind AND! if kiling elites is best or not.
Edited by MMDY#1388 on 3/18/2013 3:27 PM PDT
Reply Quote
link doesnt work, fyi
Reply Quote
Sorry about that fixed
Reply Quote
This is just getting ridiculous. The constant new threads, not the build.
Reply Quote
USE ALL 3 MOVEMENT SPEED SKILLS AND PESTILENCE. THERE, I COVERED YOUR NEXT 7 THREADS FOR YOU.
Reply Quote
03/18/2013 03:33 PMPosted by DonBukka
This is just getting ridiculous. The constant new threads, not the build.

Just keeping people up to date and updated with my progress as many are excited about this build and route. If you dont like it just dont read it really is not hurting you in any way ..

03/18/2013 03:38 PMPosted by danitefox
USE ALL 3 MOVEMENT SPEED SKILLS AND PESTILENCE. THERE, I COVERED YOUR NEXT 7 THREADS FOR YOU.

Not at all .. If you don't like you also don't have to read
Reply Quote
Dude the build is fine, and if you recall I was the one who lead you on to how great locusts were. Just the continual making of new threads is getting out of hand. There is an edit post function for a reason.
Reply Quote
Just helping people thats all. i have 4 threads i think.. it will be ok i make a new one for a new video. i take all the advice make it better then make a new thread letting people no. Thats all just relax
Reply Quote
Take a page out of Rakimallah's book.
He has one single blog style thread that he updates as need be. Your build would probably get more interest if it had a single thread with a lot of posts. You'd generate more interest with a single busy thread rather than spamming the forums, and creating the perception that you're forcing the build upon people. Just a little friendly advice
Edited by DonBukka#1245 on 3/18/2013 4:11 PM PDT
Reply Quote
been using this build for the past few hours.. it's actually fun.

wasn't playing till I found this gem. thanks op
Reply Quote
Excellent build/video tutorial. I would suggest like many other people here to Edit this current post or make ONE last post and make it official. Happy Hunting! I'll be sure to test your build out.
Reply Quote
03/18/2013 08:36 PMPosted by SupBJ
Excellent build/video tutorial. I would suggest like many other people here to Edit this current post or make ONE last post and make it official. Happy Hunting! I'll be sure to test your build out.

This will become the main thread. And great im happy your enjoying
Reply Quote
been using this build for the past few hours.. it's actually fun.

wasn't playing till I found this gem. thanks op

Happy your enjoying
Reply Quote
Great build! I started using it last night after your last vid!!!

i might have a suggestion for 100M ( I think lol )

Do it on higher MP (1-2 ) and here is why.

1. higher MP = more exp obviously. lol

2 . and most important! you do so much DPS, clearing the MOBS so fast that you actually hurt your Massacre bonus , higher MP will take locus that extra sec to kill witch gives you more time to to run to the next pack to keep your Massacre Bonus going!

Ive actually been doing it on mp1 clearing just as fast as MP0 at 150k dps and notice that I tend to get higher Massacre counts!
Edited by Ralron#1343 on 3/18/2013 8:54 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Great build! I started using it last night after your last vid!!!

i might have a suggestion for 100M ( I think lol )

Do it on higher MP (1-2 ) and here is why.

1. higher MP = more exp obviously. lol

2 . and most important! you do so much DPS, clearing the MOBS so fast that you actually hurt your Massacre bonus , higher MP will take locus that extra sec to kill witch gives you more time to to run to the next pack to keep your Massacre Bonus going!

Ive actually been doing it on mp1 clearing just as fast as MP0 at 150k dps and notice that I tend to get higher Massacre counts!

Great suggestion i am going to try this out and let you no how to goes tyvm bro
Reply Quote
I use a Locust build sometimes, but i do that on higher MP levels, using fire.
Reply Quote
View profile
imo locusts at low mp is a big mistake for speed farming. you want to run the highest mp where you can 100% one shot trash but with locusts if your moving properly you will always be outside of your pur range when the mob dies thus not being able to have optimal uptime on jaunt/stalker.

with bears I find I need at least 45pur, with locust I would need like 120+ to not slow down. which is not possible.

Im sure you will come to the same conclusion on your testing to 100mil xp/h
Reply Quote
imo locusts at low mp is a big mistake for speed farming. you want to run the highest mp where you can 100% one shot trash but with locusts if your moving properly you will always be outside of your pur range when the mob dies thus not being able to have optimal uptime on jaunt/stalker.

with bears I find I need at least 45pur, with locust I would need like 120+ to not slow down. which is not possible.

Im sure you will come to the same conclusion on your testing to 100mil xp/h

I actually am only relying on PUR when i use soul harvest. It instantly restores all my cooldowns. Where zombie bears is effective its very slow and take much longer to cast than 1 locust that can swarm a whole area in an instant while you continue moving forward weather you are spirit walking/horrifying or not .
Reply Quote
What spells/passives does PUR affect? This will help me and others understand more why certain skills are being used. I have not found any threads yet that did explain that.
Reply Quote
View profile
03/19/2013 04:24 AMPosted by Damian0216
What spells/passives does PUR affect? This will help me and others understand more why certain skills are being used. I have not found any threads yet that did explain that.

^gi and gf, donno why op doesnt use the latter. pur good for col builds too.

op locusts rolls a while crit on jump.

also locusts has same attack time as bears. I think the the data can speak for itself. 85mil locusts, 100mil bears.

also put ur mouse over the xp bar at start and end of the run for vids. helps to compare when dif people might be using different timing measuring methods.
Edited by ChuckNorris#1885 on 3/19/2013 5:34 AM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]