Diablo® III

How well do WDs do at mid lvl MPs (4-7)?

^it's really on how you play your WD.

that's where the fun comes in, you can mix and match anything to suit your taste.
Reply Quote
03/17/2013 09:17 PMPosted by Dabrixmgp
I thought WD didnt want attack speed?

It's not that wds don't want any attack speed. The issue is that they don't want to have a fast attack, meaning you don't want too much attack speed. "Too much" totally depends on your base attack speed and mana regen. If you use a slow weapon (eg. Skorn or a spear) you can afford a few extra attack speed items to boost dps.

The best combo for straight dps is a 1h + mojo. The obvious benefit of a 2h is 6% life steal. Both setups are relatevly even in terms of mana use, assuming the mojo has mana regen. Personally, I think the mojo setup is best purely for ToTD. It can get reasonable damage and the 20 PUR is amazing for a WD. I still use it for farming mp10...
Reply Quote
Still debating if the loss of 100% crit damage and 3% LS is worth not taking a Skorn. Cheapest Carving Knife with an open socket thats not garbage and is over 1K DPS is 200 mil. Already have 20 pick up on other slots so dont need a TotD. For only 80 mil I can get a 1350 DPS Skorn with 180% Crit so 280% with Gem and 5.6% LS. Just dont see why its worth spending more for less.
Edited by Dabrixmgp#1694 on 3/18/2013 7:33 AM PDT
Reply Quote
View profile
03/17/2013 09:14 PMPosted by skywalkerfx
I use a Skorn and I really like it. I don't think I will ever go back to 1H + mojo, unless a super balck damage spear fell out of the sky on my character.

Aww good to see that you are jelly of my spear :D

I thought WD didnt want attack speed?

WD can handle ias items as long as they have other gear items to work with it so they are not out of mana (OOM) all the time. For instance, I run with a 1.2 aps spear, mana regen/zombie charger reduction mojo, BR, & VQ which helps me sustain bears running 3 ias gear pieces. If you have a weapon with higher base attack speed, then it becomes more difficult to sustain mana for bear spam unless you work in some more mana regen off the CK / helm or SoJ for bear reduction.

ImpKing ( http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/ImpKing-1585/hero/3330596 ) is a good example that runs higher aps but utilizes mana regen helm and SoJ to offset the ias on other gear. I used to have a Manajuma Knife which I paired up with my mana regen zuni helm to keep up with bears. Now with my spear, I am able to swap over to a cc zuni helm and still be okay with bear spamming.
Edited by ofgortens#1113 on 3/18/2013 7:52 AM PDT
Reply Quote
OK finally finished piecing together my WD's gear and its on my Wiz. Can someone look and see if thats good enough for mid range MPs? Obviously I cant show my helm cause its my 4th Zuni piece but its stats are

403 Armor
283 Int
42 Vit
12% life
147 Max Mana
4% crit chance.

Right now without the helm Im sitting at 156K DPS. Also helm will put me at just over 600 resist all with 725 Physical.
Edited by Dabrixmgp#1694 on 3/18/2013 10:07 AM PDT
Reply Quote
looks great. you'll breeze through mid MPs.
Reply Quote
View profile
03/18/2013 07:51 AMPosted by ofgortens

I am jelly of that spear!. I bet you sweet talked that out of Raki!
Reply Quote
They want attack speed if they are running a Skorn or a sac build.
Reply Quote
03/18/2013 11:30 AMPosted by SpizyDryRub
They want attack speed if they are running a Skorn or a sac build.

Oh well too late to go back and get attack speed now.
Reply Quote
View profile
03/18/2013 11:03 AMPosted by skywalkerfx

Psh. I didn't get this from Raki. He's jelly of it too :P
Reply Quote
View profile
03/18/2013 11:53 AMPosted by ofgortens

Psh. I didn't get this from Raki. He's jelly of it too :P

if you ever want to sell that, i'll make you an offer you'll be jelly of and unable to refuse
Reply Quote
Sorry to hijack this post. But the topic really interest me as I am going to get paragon 100 on my barb soon. Looking into Monk and WD at the moment. I see lots of positive review here farming mid-higher lvl.

Can I assume that when people mentioned farm meaning trash mob die in 1-3 seconds and elite like 10-15 seconds? Can I reached that in MP7 with about 1b gold? My buddy told me to monk TR route recently just ask me join him in WD. I am still researching build.
Reply Quote
I spent 400 mil on the gear sitting on my Wizard. Im assume thats good enough for Mp 7. With 1 bil you will faceroll MP 10 probably. But dont know.
Reply Quote
dude, check my profile, 140k and im farming MP7.
Cheap way to go is to use an Skorn with LoH: Acid Rain

But, since u have a lot of Gold, try an Skorn with LS and go for bears.
Other is a socketed MCK (900+ dps) with a TotD, for the 20 yards p/up radius, but u need to change tour "spirit passives" for GI/GO
Reply Quote
View profile
03/18/2013 01:35 PMPosted by Coolvan31
Can I assume that when people mentioned farm meaning trash mob die in 1-3 seconds and elite like 10-15 seconds? Can I reached that in MP7 with about 1b gold? My buddy told me to monk TR route recently just ask me join him in WD. I am still researching build.

While we are a very capable class in high MP, we WDs are not a high level farming class like you have described with a Barb. We don't have the equivalent of a WW Barb in high MP. I don't think we have any WDs that can farm MP10 as you have described.

But all that being said, we are a very fun and unique class to play. We also have a zero dog build that plays like a CM Wiz if you are looking for something like that.
Reply Quote
Sorry to hijack this post. But the topic really interest me as I am going to get paragon 100 on my barb soon. Looking into Monk and WD at the moment. I see lots of positive review here farming mid-higher lvl.

With 1B, you can gear for MP10 definitely. The bulk of the gold will be spent on your weapon. However, barb is the OP class where average gear can clear MP10 comfortably because of LS and WoTB. For WD, only high end gear (very expensive) can help you to manage MP10 comfortably. So the class expectation needs to be managed accordingly. 15secs elite pack is possible in MP7, but not MP10. Monks are about the same, fun but challenging.

If you're talking about speed farming MP3-4, WD is probably faster using Acid Rain to 1-shot. At MP6-7, Monks are probably faster from TR+WoL, whereas WD needs to use bears for instant damage and the bears require some casting time.
Reply Quote
Hi guys,

Thanks for the reply. Even with my current barb, I can't farm at the speed I mentioned before on MP10. I don't really think any barb can farm at that speed for the matter of fact. However, I can do that in MP7. It would be great if WD can build to that spec with 1b gold.

I have been reading on zero dog and watching youtube how it works. Still holding out on purchase since everyone is saying homunculus will have a buff.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]