Diablo® III

Another Wiz with a new WD. Couple questions!

Hey guys, as you can see in my profile (hopefully, if it has updated), I'm starting up a WD in addition to my Wizard. On my Wizard I ran both a 175k dps CM/WW SNS spec, as well as a 350k dps Archon (including Glass Cannon, Blood Magic, and Sparkflint).

I have a couple pieces from my wizard on my WD, as well as 200mil or so in new items. I'm sitting at 171k DPS, ~40-45k life, and 800 or so Res All depending on a couple gear choices.

I'm already enjoying the bears build so far, and once Soul Harvest and Gruesome Feast are in full gear the DPS output is excellent.

Still, I'd love to push toward 200k DPS and maybe more survivability.

I hope you guys can help me out.

First, the restrictions I have:
- I don't want to drop my toad. I love Gruesome Feast and Grave Injustice and every other place I look to add pickup radius, the rarity of that roll in combo with everything else makes prices skyrocket, with no direct benefit to ehp or edps.
- I have been able to run inna's pants with no real issue, plus the IAS from my witching hour, but swapping in a 3rd IAS piece introduces some mana hiccups.
- I have looked for slower 1H's that still have CDmg, LS, and socket, but we're talking 500mil to 2bil just to match or slightly surpass what I'm getting with the carving knife.
- I've tried a high DPS life steal skorn. It's only a small improvement in terms of apparent life generation and dps, and it probably works out to much less effective DPS as I can't maintain any pickup radius with it.

Now, with those things in mind, what changes do you veterans see as my most direct route to more dps and/or ehp.

Lastly, as a separate, general question, should I be dropping res all if necessary to get more raw VIT? On my wizard I'd take res all and armor over VIT any day, but they may not be the best idea for the WD.

Thoughts? And thanks in advance!!
Reply Quote
View profile
Your DPS says 4K and health 13K so you numbers are bugged in your profile, but I will answer what I can.

First regarding your perceived mana issue. The weapon you are using is as slow as a 1 hander can go -- 1.2 AS. You use widowmaker spiders and have 3 mana passives. So I assume you replaced your weapon and are happy with your mana situation now?

Your ToTD mojo could use improvement, damage should average 250 or more(100-400 or so), intell is on the low side - get near 200 or go for a socket, mana regen should be 11 if possible, bear reduction is good -- try for more.

03/18/2013 01:19 PMPosted by KingNineTeen
I've tried a high DPS life steal skorn. It's only a small improvement in terms of apparent life generation and dps, and it probably works out to much less effective DPS as I can't maintain any pickup radius with it.

The life generation is double what a one hander can do and that is not a small difference. The other advantage to a Skorn is it is very mana efficient. The Skorn is 20% more mana efficient then the hammer you bought. So you would be using 20% less AS then you are using now and doing the same damage.
Mana efficiency let's you free up active and passive skills for other uses such as damage mitigation skills.

03/18/2013 01:19 PMPosted by KingNineTeen
Lastly, as a separate, general question, should I be dropping res all if necessary to get more raw VIT? On my wizard I'd take res all and armor over VIT any day, but they may not be the best idea for the WD.

Allres should at least be at 700 in your inventory screen. HP and allres are not traded unless one is in excess. There is a synergy between damage reduction and HP which you probably understand.
Anyway, shoot for 700 allres in inventory, 4000 armor, and 50K HP for MP7+. Depending on other skills and play style you may need more.
Reply Quote
Ahhh, so lame it's bugged right now.

Ok, off the top of my head, I think my lowest res is fire res @ 708. The others are around 740-750. That's at 175k dps with the trifecta gloves on in my profile.

If I swap to another pair of gloves (more int, no IAS, 55 res all), then my res all is 750-800 (in my inventory screen) and my DPS is 171k.

Now, in response to your comments:
- Yes, I just bought that rare mace yesterday. I'm willing to spend more, but I got that for 99mil... the next thing better is like 1bil+. The problem is that there are SO FEW 1.2 APS weapons with socket, CD, and LS. I mean from what I have and up, I can find maybe 10-20 weapons total on the AH.
- Yes, that weapon is helping my mana issues dramatically. Before I could not put on my trifecta gloves. Now I've only had my mana bottom out maybe once or twice briefly.
- My mojo... I totally agree on your comment here. The problem is that zombie charger reduction. They just aren't available. If I search for TOTD's with high damage and high intel I find plenty, but when I added zombie charger reduction to my search criteria, I found maybe 3 mojo's total, and all were bid only. It's hard for me to camp the AH and monitor bids with my day to day schedule.
- Skorn - still open to the idea, but have to get pickup radius. Grave Injustice and Gruesome Feast just seem TOO beneficial right now. As I said, it's been crazy difficult to find places I could add PR and not sacrifice other affixes, but if I can manage to do that on a couple pieces over time, then I may toy with the Skorn idea again.

Hopefully my profile starts showing up right soon, and thanks for the advice.
Reply Quote
View profile
KingNine, you've got pretty nice crafting results there.

You currently sit at 177k dps unbuffed with the gear in your profile. For you to get to 200k unbuffed, you're probably going to have to drop that ToTD. I have 3 of them in my inventory that i use in low mp runs and i love the pick up radius, but the low avg dmg is holding you back. With a serpent, you can easily add another 10K+ dps which will help you towards your goal.

PS, I run GF without any PUR. It is a playstyle change where you run into the globe, so launch bears and reposition, run through a globe and so on. But GI might not work too good without the PUR
Edited by fabbyhunter#1917 on 3/19/2013 10:30 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Hey guys, lunch break over. I just snagged a new Zuni trail for only 23mil. Basically same as my old but now my total armor is up to like 3700 I think. Also I won an auction for a new TOTD - added 9k unbuffed dps via more avg damage and more int. It LOST me my charger reduction, but I only had 7 reduction to begin with, and so far don't feel much difference. Also gave me about 2k more HP.

Thoughts now?

And on the Serpent suggestion... I will certainly try that out.
Reply Quote
Oh one other noob question while I'm here... is Gruesome Feast triggered by others in your party picking up health globes also? I assume so... but shouldn't assume.
Reply Quote
View profile
03/19/2013 12:17 PMPosted by KingNineTeen
Oh one other noob question while I'm here... is Gruesome Feast triggered by others in your party picking up health globes also? I assume so... but shouldn't assume.

GF works when you are healed by a health globe...so it doesn't matter if you pick up the health globe or someone in your party, you will get the buff
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]