Diablo® III

In addition to Improvements to Itemization

The new itemization plans by the devs look very promising. In fact, I love it, and it sure is one hell of an improvement for the next patch.

However happy as I am with your plans of improvement, there is still something that was quite missing and haven't been addressed yet so far, in my opinion, and that is that the "Crafting" method isn't really crafting at all, it's more of "gambling".

Define "Crafting": You want to build something, you know what you want, and all you need are the materials to craft that certain item as exactly as you want it.

However, in this current method of crafting in the game, you have gold, and some crafting recipes with you to spend, you roll the dice, and hope for the stats that you actually wanted to obtain. Now that --- that's gambling, and less of crafting, don't you agree?

Therefore, I have a proposal to make to improve the item crafting method feel more like—crafting:

• Make an additional feature in the game where monsters and bosses drop these specific "ingredient" items that each embodies an item attribute for Diablo III items.
  • Since the normal white items have practically no use in the game after you reach level 10 (normal, level 10, and sometimes, even lower levels than that) and beyond, I think it would be a great change if they can finally be used for crafting.
  • These items will be account-bound items. The crafting cost will depend on the ingredient you are using to mold together.
  • The costs for the crafting will depend on each ingredient items, and then will be multiplied to how many properties you put in. (Anyone with great Math skills, please comment your opinion for a good cost values for the crafts).
  • Here's what I suggest that new crafting method will be like: The recipe will include a normal, white item (cracked/grey items will not be allowed), 3 to 6 of the new special ingredient items that represents an item attribute, and Headrig Eamon the Blacksmith.
  • Here's what the new ingredients will be like (and these, as I suggested, will drop from random monsters and bosses): (LIST ON THE NEXT POST)

...You get the drift, right? (If I'm missing an item attribute, please tell me). This will remind you of something... The Diablo II rune have similar traits that are implemented once you put them on socketed items, and even form runewords if placed in a specific order. Now I'm not saying we should have a sort of runewords YET (but will be nice, though), and this won't be like the runes because the normal items and ingredients are molded together and cannot be undone unlike socketed gems.

I'm telling you, reaching out to the devs out there, there is a probability that this will make the game more interesting (although, it is quite enjoyable to play now, in my opinion). Plus, we also solve this dilemma which is the "Why is crafting more like Gambling instead of actually crafting?"

And what does the community think of this?
Reply Quote
CONTINUED:
Here's what the new ingredients will be like (and these, as I suggested, will drop from random monsters and bosses):

• special ingredient item 1: adds a varied value (25 - 80) bonus to all Resistances for armors*, and adds x% weapon damage for weapons
  • special ingredient item 2: adds a varied value bonus to arcane resistance when applied to armor, if applied to weapons, adds bonus arcane damage
  • special ingredient item 3: adds a varied value bonus to cold resistance when applied to armor, if applied to weapons, adds bonus cold damage
  • special ingredient item 4: adds a varied value bonus to fire resistance when applied to armor, if applied to weapons, adds bonus fire damage
  • special ingredient item 4: adds a varied value bonus to lightning resistance when applied to armor, if applied to weapons, adds bonus lightning damage
  • special ingredient item 4: adds a varied value bonus to Physical resistance when applied to armor, if applied to weapons, adds bonus Physical damage
  • special ingredient item 5: adds a varied value bonus to poison resistance when applied to armor, if applied to weapons, adds bonus poison damage
  • special ingredient item 6: adds a varied value bonus to Armor, to weapons, adds varied value bonus to (+minimum ~ +Maximum damage) average damage
  • special ingredient item 7: adds a varied value (5%-9%) bonus to attack speed for weapons and Gloves, adds varied 10-12% movement speed for boots, but will not craft for any other items not mentioned for this ingredient
  • special ingredient item 8: adds a varied value bonus (25% - 75%) to Critical Hit Damage for weapons and Gloves, Block % for Shields, but will not craft for any other items not mentioned for this ingredient
  • special ingredient item 9: adds a varied value bonus (1.0% - 5.0%) to a random Crowd Control ability on hit for Weapons (Blind, Chill, Fear, Freeze, Immobilise, Knockback, stun and slow), and adds a varied (1.0% - 3.0%) crowd control bonus to specific items: Fear for Helm, Chill for Shoulders, Stun for Gloves, knockback for bracers, Freeze for Belts, Slow for pants, and immobilize for boots. Using this on a chest armor will not work.
  • special ingredient item 10: adds a varied value bonus (5000 - 20,000) to bleed chance if applied to weapons, and adds varied (3.0% - 6%) bonus to Critical Hit Chance on Helms and Bracers, and a varied (3.0% - 10%) bonus to Critical Hit Chance on Gloves. It will not work on other items that cannot have the Bonus to Critical Hit Chance attribute.
  • special ingredient item 11: adds a socket to Weapons and Helms, a varied number of sockets for Torso Armor (1-3) and Pants (1-2), and will not work for items that cannot normally have sockets.
  • special ingredient item 12: adds a varied (10-24) bonus experience points from Monsters killed.
  • special ingredient item 13: adds a varied (3-8%) bonus damage against elites for weapons, and a varied (2-7%) bonus to reduced damage against elites for chest armors. This ingredient will only work for chest armors and weapons.

(CONTINUED on NEXT POST)
Edited by Vendetta#1450 on 3/11/2013 5:08 PM PDT
Reply Quote

• special ingredient item 14: adds a varied (1-3%) of damage as life for 1-hand weapons, (1-6%) for 2-hand weapons, and (3-12%) bonus to life for Chest armors, Helms, Shoulders, and Belts. Items not mentioned here will not let this ingredient craft.
  • special ingredient item 15: adds a varied (100-959) life on hit for 1-hand weapons, (100-1920) for 2-hand weapons, and (1-599) life regeneration for all armors.
  • special ingredient item 16: adds a varied (500-20,000) Hit Points for every monster killed.
  • special ingredient item 17: adds Bonus to Gold find. Will not work with weapons.
  • special ingredient item 18: adds Bonus to Magic find. Will not work with weapons.
  • special ingredient item 19: Inflict a varied bonus Physical damage to attackers (Reflect damage). Will not work with weapons.
  • special ingredient item 20: adds ignore durability loss attributes to items
  • special ingredient item 21: Combined with a specific Gem form, it adds bonus to a stat Attribute (Ruby for Strength, Emerald for Dexterity, Topaz for Intelligence, Amethyst for Vitality): Star gems adds 50-100, Flawless Star gems adds 101-150, Perfect Star gems adds 151-200, and Radiant Star gems adds 201-300
  • special ingredient item 22: Works only with Class specific weapons and armors, and adds a class specific Skill bonuses with random values
  • special ingredient item 23: Works only with Class specific weapons and armors, and adds a class specific Max Resource bonus with random values (for Monk Weapons and Spirit Stones, adds a bonus to life per spirit spent)
  • special ingredient item 25: Works only with Class specific weapons and armors, and adds a class specific Resource regeneration bonus with random values (for Barbarian Mighty belts, adds life steal, for Wizard wands and helms, adds Arcane Power on Critical Hit)
Reply Quote
Its a good idea, but they have to do it by item lvl as well, so only ilvl 63 white items can have 6x attributes/ingredients and some of the attributes will be ilvl 63 so it will be tough to find. then on eachh one of those ingredients they do certain things to certain item types. hell they can implement these as runes.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]