Diablo® III

"Ask the Devs" Round 2: Itemization - Answers (Part 1)

View profile
Why this team need so long to explan a simple idea?

"Make some New overpower items to overcome existing overpower items......"

I m so sorry that they didnt address what D3 lack. BALANCE and CHOICE!

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/item/pride-of-cassius
will this belt be overpower?

As drop rate reduce and MORE legedary item can drop in inferno, Players have little chance to get good item anymore.... bad design.....

USE YOU BRAIN BLIZZARD.........

I dont surprise if D3 can surive until 3rd expansion the main stat is 500+ and crt dam is 200% + in single item......based on this kind of development logic.
Edited by MADTHUNDER2#3452 on 3/20/2013 7:38 PM PDT
Reply Quote
03/20/2013 03:19 PMPosted by wildfirebr
Ultimately, we want to make sure the things that make Legendary and set items interesting continue to make them interesting at the end game, and in some cases they already do, so we just need to fix the other stats on the item.

Great! More legendary itens and sets, more build diversity!
Reply Quote
View profile
It will still only roll 1% crit chance, since lamentation at level 63 only rolls 1% crit. And with only 1 random prop, that gives a max of only 200 strength. 300 strength can roll on witching hour. Life steal is good, but it can be handled on other items. The witching hour will still be competitive.

But I agree with you, some of these new items will be OP (but hey, the economy will be helped).

That's not what I read when I read the statement.

03/20/2013 03:06 PMPosted by Lylirra
This means that, in addition to a Legendary’s stats rolling at the monster level, the base item stats will also roll at the monster's level.

I'll also quote this.

03/20/2013 03:06 PMPosted by Lylirra
I have seen some people speculate over whether or not this means the experience bonus on Leoric's Signet will increase, and the answer to that specific question is "yes," but how each bonus on a Legendary or Set items scales will ultimately depend on the bonus itself. Some bonuses (such as the +EXP bonus on Leoric’s Signet) scale equally well from level 1 to level 60. On the other hand, some bonuses like procs that generate pets, or procs that deal damage effects, don’t always scale well as you get to the higher levels, but those will be changed wherever possible to scale with the level that they drop at.

If they're looking into allowing Leoric's signet to roll more XP, it looks like they're looking into making other items roll higher stats as well.

This makes me think that it won't be 1% crit, and more like 6-9%.

Unless there's something I missed, it looks like it's not just the base item values. It looks like it's possibly the whole enchilada.

Which leads me into the question I had asked in the QA. "Will rares be able to roll affixes that are normally only found on Legendary items"

If you're going to go through all of the trouble to improve the quality of rares, but still not give them any chance to compete with a Legendary item, why even do it in the first place?

Unbalance of Affix ruin this game... but sorry the dev team cant handle it well.... a crt 6% + inna tempance.....what a joke
Edited by MADTHUNDER2#3452 on 3/20/2013 7:51 PM PDT
Reply Quote
"We wont be using the same formula as D2."

WHY NOT!!!!! WHY are you so resistant to using the same formula as d2 blizzard????? I gave 1 word.... RUNEWORDS!!!!! bring them back EXACTLY LIKE d2 and the game will be saved.

The definition of insanity is repeating the same thing over and over and expecting a different outcome. This will not change anything. Sorry guys better sell Ur gear on RMAH while u still can and get your money back.
Reply Quote
great so now rares are becoming like legendaries.
you are just shifting the power curve like legendaries.

That is NOT what was said. Did you even read the itemization update? It mentioned that rares would drop 25% less and that may change between now and implementation. And it didn't say even in this Q&A that they would drop only as often as legendaries. Quit putting words in the Devs mouths and next time try to understand what you are reading before you post.
Reply Quote
82 Orc Death Knight
Kaeros on diablo.incgamers said it best:

“It’s hard to say..”

“Something we could explore..”

“Something we talk about a lot in the office..”

“Definitely on the table..”

“We have not finalized any systems yet..”

“We want to make sure we make the right choice..”

“It’s certainly possible..”

“We’ll be looking at how crafting fits into the big picture..”

“We haven’t decided on X yet..”

I just don’t know how this development team continues to exist. Blizzard has grown too big to support itself, when simple things like “adding a socket” requires multi-level committee meetings to see it done.

The waffling and inability to make strong decisions is crippling the momentum this game could have.
Reply Quote
Q. "Love Leoric's Signet, but hate wearing a level 17 ring? Me too. Instead of farming Act II Normal to find a Leoric's Signet, let's go farm Inferno and get a level 63 version of the ring!"

Does this mean that every set and legendary item will have a chance of dropping in Inferno?

- Rowechelon#1918 (Americas [English])

Can somebody enlighten me on this part, an item like this - Messerschmidts Reaver

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/item/messerschmidts-reaver

Now it got 3 random affix which current already able to roll i63 BIS at:
1. Socket
2. 200CD
3. LS

Then its base DPS is upgrade to be at Decapitator (560-572 DPS)

Then what happen to the fix affix they have ?
- (+) Black damage - Now 173-381 so this can roll up to 286-381 like Skorn ?
- (+) Fire damage - Now 316-727, i think this is already above i63 possible roll.
- (+) % Damage - Now 26-30% so this can roll up to 41-50% like Skorn ?
- (+) Stats (all) - Now 131, this probably don't scale, since its unique affix

Thank if someone can explain me this
Reply Quote
View profile
Q. "Love Leoric's Signet, but hate wearing a level 17 ring? Me too. Instead of farming Act II Normal to find a Leoric's Signet, let's go farm Inferno and get a level 63 version of the ring!"

Does this mean that every set and legendary item will have a chance of dropping in Inferno?

Can somebody enlighten me on this part, an item like this - Messerschmidts Reaver

1. Socket
2. 200CD
3. LS

- (+) Fire damage - Now 316-727, i think this is already above i63 possible roll.

oh will it be too overpowered?
Reply Quote
82 Orc Death Knight

1. Socket
2. 200CD
3. LS

1. Socket
2. 200CD
3. LS

All stats will upgrade to mlvl63/ivl63 if found in MP1+.

Thus yes, all items in the game (legendary wise) will roll with BASE stats at highest level, and the rolls on them will upgrade to the highest possible ranges/values as well.

Thus Leoric's Signet will get more Int (like 150-200) and other benefits.

Your axe there will become better than skorn potentially.
Reply Quote
82 Orc Death Knight
03/20/2013 08:18 PMPosted by Secoya
Unbalance of Affix ruin this game... but sorry the dev team cant handle it well.... a crt 6% + inna tempance.....what a joke

Travis: Yes, Legendary and Set items will be valid drops from monsters at whatever point in the level range they are first introduced.

Clearly they are intending to make lower level legendaries available at higher levels, not the other way around. Inna's is already ilvl 63 and drops from lvl 63 monsters, other than the lowering the drop rates and increasing the range stats will roll in (I.E. the upper 75% of what is ALREADY possible.), they won't have their ranges increased.

Items will be better and drop less often meaning less trash. Lower level legendaries will scale from the point they've already dropped from all the way up to lvl 63.

I'm more worried about what they are going to do with all the trashy lvl59-63 legs that are already out there now. Increasing their range won't help them at all. A perfectly rolled piece of trash is STILL a piece of trash after all.

This isn't a bad thing really, it makes each slot have a wide variety of legendary items which are all competitive and different to some degree.

The issue is, some legendary items are still completely useless at 60.

Most low level legendary items have no primary stat roll, have experience per kill roll, and the low level sets are horrible.

Once again, I applaud making all items useful, what I want to see next is the 100% guaranteed primary stat roll on all items, random which stat. All legendary items should have no +magical properties, but static properties that make each one unique and stand out from the others.

Sadly, this will never happen because Blizzard is lazy and most players are idiots.
Reply Quote
Can you add the ability to choose the uber you face when opening portals? I, like most people, have a large amount of 2 components and trying to find enough of just the third to even it out is annoying. I don't get why there isn't an option to choose. You need drops from all 3. It's not like you can farm the easy ghom one for all 3 parts...
Reply Quote
Yes, we plan to take all of our future changes into consideration when balancing the amount of reagents needed for crafting recipes. We haven't decided on a number to reduce the number of drops by yet, so we can't go into specifics on how or if existing and future crafting recipes are going to change.

crafting amulet will be hard due to less legendary drop to salvage and turn to fiery brimstone. price of brimstone will up lol
Reply Quote
82 Orc Death Knight
03/20/2013 08:28 PMPosted by AWWCRAIG
Can you add the ability to choose the uber you face when opening portals? I, like most people, have a large amount of 2 components and trying to find enough of just the third to even it out is annoying. I don't get why there isn't an option to choose. You need drops from all 3. It's not like you can farm the easy ghom one for all 3 parts...

Good suggestion.

Try a 3 person group and summon all 3 portals in the same game.
Reply Quote
DarkSayain

View profile

"We wont be using the same formula as D2."

WHY NOT!!!!! WHY are you so resistant to using the same formula as d2 blizzard????? I gave 1 word.... RUNEWORDS!!!!! bring them back EXACTLY LIKE d2 and the game will be saved.

The definition of insanity is repeating the same thing over and over and expecting a different outcome. This will not change anything. Sorry guys better sell Ur gear on RMAH while u still can and get your money back.

DarkSayan,

You are right on track.. this Dev team really dont understand what Diablo is about.. if they have to ask the fans base input on how to make the game epic.. i wonder how they think when they are the dev team that are supposed to make the game for us. If they cant come up with a new idea other than D2 runeword than we are screwed.. their reasoning on how the game should be compare to Blizzard North ideas with D2 than this game has truely lost it's touch.. They were supposed to make D3 stand out from D2, same Lore but with something original from the game style of D2..instead we have a water down of version of text mmorph.. hell even mud game had more depth since the player's used thier imagination to create the event. while we have the d3 dev create for us a game of low status.. So disappointed.
Reply Quote
View profile

Travis: Yes, Legendary and Set items will be valid drops from monsters at whatever point in the level range they are first introduced.

Clearly they are intending to make lower level legendaries available at higher levels, not the other way around. Inna's is already ilvl 63 and drops from lvl 63 monsters, other than the lowering the drop rates and increasing the range stats will roll in (I.E. the upper 75% of what is ALREADY possible.), they won't have their ranges increased.

Items will be better and drop less often meaning less trash. Lower level legendaries will scale from the point they've already dropped from all the way up to lvl 63.

I'm more worried about what they are going to do with all the trashy lvl59-63 legs that are already out there now. Increasing their range won't help them at all. A perfectly rolled piece of trash is STILL a piece of trash after all.

drop less have no long term effect in "what is trash". Once every player there. Everything become trash again.

Low lv leg improvement is just kind of item inflation. No change in unbalance affix . Just as vaansteer said, everybody move to new axe and drop skorn.... but it still Crt dam , str , black dam, socket....anything change? no....we still serach for the same thing.

Can pick up radius a game changer in every class ? no
Will player perfer Serpate resist than all resist? no
Will we clear attacker take damage affix ? just kind of junk
Increase HP from Health glove work? another junk.....

We still only look at crt% ( once every class can reach 100% this affix is trash ) crt dam, AS ,main stat.

Improvement of D3?
Edited by MADTHUNDER2#3452 on 3/20/2013 8:41 PM PDT
Reply Quote
View profile
The issue is, some legendary items are still completely useless at 60.

Most low level legendary items have no primary stat roll, have experience per kill roll, and the low level sets are horrible.

I think you meant to say lvl 63.

THIS is what worries me! There are already TONS of utterly useless high level legs. What happens to them? They NEED to be altered to be made useful. I.E. the Echoing Fury is absolutely awesome at level 62 and yet Sky Splitter at lvl 63 is utter garbage with it's one random affix. The Butchers Sickle is viable at level 61 yet Earthshatter is utter garbage. Base affixes and possible random affixes affect what can be useful given the right circumstances and what will NEVER be comparable to even as average version of another leg of the same level.

suck in AH
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]