Diablo® III

Endless Mode

Some form of further difficulty is definitely needed at this point in the game, even WITHOUT the itemization changes coming.

I agree with above posters that THE only thing to do once you clear inferno, which lets face it EVERYONE can now, is farm Paragon in A3 and MP10 Ubers. However, making the content/difficulty OPTIONAL is a big deal for the casual players.

Some form of Horde mode is needed and a bump to MP15 would be a good start. This Horde mode (endless waves of increasingly difficult enemies, for those not familiar with Gears style Horde mode) with a ladder implemented for score tracking would be awesome I feel. Having a Solo, Duo, Trio, and Group Ladder system to track the Levels/Points would be cool, and every 5 levels or so the Act mini bosses could spawn in alone with mobs, and every 10 levels the Act Boss would spawn in. Once level 40 is defeated (I.E. Diablo) every 5 levels could spawn in somethign different. For Example:

Level 5 - Skeleton King
Level 10 - Butcher
Level 15 - Magda
Level 20 - Zolten Kulle
Level 25 - Seigebreaker
Level 30 - Azmodan
Level 35 - Rakanoth
Lelev 40 - Diablo
Level 45 - Skeleton King + Butcher
Level 50 - Magda + Shatterbone
Level 55 - Seigbreaker + Ghom
Level 60 - Izual + Diablo
Level 65 - Uber Skeleton King + Uber Butcher
Level 70 - Uber Magda + Uber Rakanoth
Level 75 - Uber Ghom + Uber Zolten Kulle
Level 80 - Uber Seigbreaker + Uber Izual
Level 85 - Skeleton King, Butcher, Madga
Level 90 - Zolten Kulle, Seigbreaker, Iskatu
Level 95 - Rakanoth, Ghom, Izual
Level 100 - Belial, Azmodan, Diablo

Etc. You get the idea.

The rewards could be somethign new eventually but for now Every 5 levels could drop:

1 Demonic Essense and a 6 Prop Rare up to Level 40
2 Demonic Essense, 1 6 Prop Rare, 1 Brimstone, an Organ Chance(on Ubers) up to Level 80
3 Demonic Essense, 1 6 Prop Rare, 1 Brimstone, 1 Legendary up to Level 95
4 Demonic Essense, 1 6 Prop Rare, 1 Brimstone. 1 Legendary, 1 Random Radiant Star Gem, 1 Set Piece

Just my thoughts of something insnanely crazy and "neverending" rewards could be different obviously, but then if you implemented a Ladder or scorboard tracker that would reset every month people would farm that !@#$ like crazy to try and be tops. We love competing against one another.

Just an idea I had real quick while reading through the forums. Its pretty rough, but its a concept that I feel the devs should look into. Just if you do, PLEASE GOD MAKE IT HARD!!!! It would be optional, after all.
Reply Quote
I would play this nonstop!
Reply Quote
I know right meteora, Like think of those fights at the Higher levels...

Zolten and Seigebreaker we are used to from Ubers, but then you put Iskatu in there with all of his adds and his heal debuff.

Rakanoth and Ghom yea, but put Izual in there and suddenly there are adds and freezebombs?

Hell you could even put in the Keywardens into this system...

The final conflict between the 3 bosses would be insane...

Demonic Pools, explosive blasts, Diablos nukes, Meteors, Adds... oh man It would be so awesome!
Reply Quote
Nobody wants to comment on something like this? Ideas? Criticism?

I guess for all the complaining people do, no one has any ideas on how to introduce content or additions to the game.

Awesome.
Reply Quote
will never happen. if it happens it will detract from the game world and everyone will jsut go to this end game world. the best you can ever hope is open world + monster density.
Reply Quote
IDK, the idea has been bounced around, during a few weeks after launch.

The problem with an endless type of gameplay is that it will encourage "bots" not like blizzard cares however there it is.

And it will displace the story/lore which diablo trys to hold true too, and only open it up in terms of difficultly and monster power.
Reply Quote
IDK, the idea has been bounced around, during a few weeks after launch.

The problem with an endless type of gameplay is that it will encourage "bots" not like blizzard cares however there it is.

And it will displace the story/lore which diablo trys to hold true too, and only open it up in terms of difficultly and monster power.

I thought of this as well, but honestly if each round is timed and the packs have elites withe molten, plagued, desecrator, Bots would get gibbed pretty quick. Especially if they make it hard like Old Inferno.

As far as Lore is concerned I thought of that too, but what if they just add a simple quest line where Covetous asks you to go out searching for some artifact, and during the mission Diablo sensing you are close to something he doesnt want you to find pulls you into a plane of Burning Hells and sends his legions after you. The concept would work since Demons regenerate after being destroyed in the burning hells, based on their lore that is, and could really open up the gameplay. Make it 60 only and allow only if players character has cleared Inferno.
Reply Quote
yes because blizzard is all about making things easier for players to farm where they dont even have to leave an area to get massive exp and items

It would also eliminate the rest of the game from getting played once people got to inferno.

I personally think and have suggested that inferno once you have killed diablo that all maps should have any monster in the game randomly appear including mini bosses and bosses. Removal of the wp restriction from when you go between acts, and increase the density of mobs by a % for ever mp level. The limitation of wp as you go between acts detracts players from playing through each act. Currently you have to go quest by quest and cant just jump to the areas you want to go run in to find stuff to kill. That is a major problem with the way the system is compared to d2. D2 you could literally jump from map to map to kill whatever the heck you wanted to kill and move on or reload the map if you wanted to.

Unfortunately, the game developers think the mob density for act 3 is just right which is still pathetic. They must only play keeps 2-3 to get this idea there's enough stuff to kill. As long as the game is about 80% running to find something to kill there will always be something wrong with the game. In d2 the favorite of people were the cow level and chaos sanctuary for the most part because there was hundreds of stuff to kill in a relatively acceptable space. Placing mobs like 300 in game yards apart on a map of 5k yards is just dumb and poorly designed mob density if it's even that amount in the current maps. It just feels that way sometimes where you only come across 16 groups of things to kill and the map is done..
Reply Quote
if you die, you need to start from the beginning. make it challenging!
Reply Quote
yes because blizzard is all about making things easier for players to farm where they dont even have to leave an area to get massive exp and items

It would also eliminate the rest of the game from getting played once people got to inferno.

I personally think and have suggested that inferno once you have killed diablo that all maps should have any monster in the game randomly appear including mini bosses and bosses. Removal of the wp restriction from when you go between acts, and increase the density of mobs by a % for ever mp level. The limitation of wp as you go between acts detracts players from playing through each act. Currently you have to go quest by quest and cant just jump to the areas you want to go run in to find stuff to kill. That is a major problem with the way the system is compared to d2. D2 you could literally jump from map to map to kill whatever the heck you wanted to kill and move on or reload the map if you wanted to.

Unfortunately, the game developers think the mob density for act 3 is just right which is still pathetic. They must only play keeps 2-3 to get this idea there's enough stuff to kill. As long as the game is about 80% running to find something to kill there will always be something wrong with the game. In d2 the favorite of people were the cow level and chaos sanctuary for the most part because there was hundreds of stuff to kill in a relatively acceptable space. Placing mobs like 300 in game yards apart on a map of 5k yards is just dumb and poorly designed mob density if it's even that amount in the current maps. It just feels that way sometimes where you only come across 16 groups of things to kill and the map is done..

I said nothing about XP...
And the loot that drops is only after ever 5 levels...

Its for ePeen measuring, not farming...
Reply Quote
03/27/2013 09:54 AMPosted by Hinary
if you die, you need to start from the beginning. make it challenging!

Rez from party members only, Die and start over from level 1... no checkpoint system either. Its gotta be a challenge.
Reply Quote
oh please so you swap act 3 sin runs with this. They all whine for "more challenge" then you will see them whining about it not being efficient . They don't want challenge they want tons of mobs they can run through as fast as possible.
Reply Quote
03/27/2013 10:48 AMPosted by DeadRu
oh please so you swap act 3 sin runs with this. They all whine for "more challenge" then you will see them whining about it not being efficient . They don't want challenge they want tons of mobs they can run through as fast as possible.

Cow level.... from D2 anyone?

Seriously though, efficiency farming in A3 and when Density comes out wherever else we all find it. This is for a Ladder/Endgame Challenge
Edited by Synyster#1428 on 3/27/2013 10:56 AM PDT
Reply Quote
if its for challenge, then the mobs should drop nothing at all. or everything that drops is account bound.
Reply Quote
some people didnt clearly play d2

what the hell is endless mode, it already is endless... just create a game, and then leave... thats already endless mode
Reply Quote
Game Designer
Replayability and ideas like Endless Dungeons come up a lot around the office. We definitely have plans to expand the game in these areas. Adding more monster power levels is also something that we have discussed. I personally love the idea of an endless dungeon, don't take that as a quote that I promised we are adding them though! At the heart of that idea is something really compelling, wave events, endless dungeons, hold out missions etc. Standing as the lone hero, or one of a party of heroes, against an onslaught of demons really sells the fantasy of Diablo, it's just a matter of taking the seed of that idea and iterating on it to a point where it feels like it fits into the game as a piece and not just "the only thing to do". I do hope that down the road we can find some way to make that idea a part of the content options players have at their disposal. I've said one numerous occasions, in a perfect world, when a player sits down at their computer for the evening to play the Diablo the question I want them to say to themselves is "What do I feel like doing tonight?" not "Ok time to run Act 3 again".
Reply Quote
To my recollection this is the very first blue post that acknowledges we want an endless dungeon mode. Thanks Travis.
Reply Quote
03/28/2013 05:59 PMPosted by Travis Day
Replayability and ideas like Endless Dungeons come up a lot around the office. We definitely have plans to expand the game in these areas. Adding more monster power levels is also something that we have discussed. I personally love the idea of an endless dungeon, don't take that as a quote that I promised we are adding them though! At the heart of that idea is something really compelling, wave events, endless dungeons, hold out missions etc. Standing as the lone hero, or one of a party of heroes, against an onslaught of demons really sells the fantasy of Diablo, it's just a matter of taking the seed of that idea and iterating on it to a point where it feels like it fits into the game as a piece and not just "the only thing to do". I do hope that down the road we can find some way to make that idea a part of the content options players have at their disposal. I've said one numerous occasions, in a perfect world, when a player sits down at their computer for the evening to play the Diablo the question I want them to say to themselves is "What do I feel like doing tonight?" not "Ok time to run Act 3 again".

Solution: End Game Portal Scrolls. Some endless, some just random tile sets already from the game. You have to FARM the scrolls by farming Acts 1-4. They drop as legendarys and are even rarer than legendary items as far as drop rates go. That was easy. Now implement it.

Just kidding. But seriously, let's get something like this.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]