Diablo® III

Endless Mode

the idea sounds nice but scratch the whole rewards because then it would be that much easier to farm legendarys UNLESS the monsters don't drop anything. Not gonna lie a game mode like this would make me so much more interested and make sure to incorporate hardcore players in this for the fact that if its a mini game that's ENDLESS it doesn't count as a death

What could be done with hardcore is if you get downed you can spawn back at the entrance of where ever this would be and claim your reward * if rewards* for how far you got. or possibly do this for both hardcore and softy.

Edit*

Experience: fixed exp rates per round OR make them low because it would just turn into the #1 exp farming or paragon farming + legendary farming place.
Edited by Zachary#1894 on 3/31/2013 4:27 AM PDT
Reply Quote
03/30/2013 11:33 PMPosted by SmokeyBuddha
Nothing like this ever came up in D2.

it came up all the time, even a year or so after LOD came out
Reply Quote
This is a great idea!The sound of it is nice.Lets say me and three other friends wanna make it crazy hard and control the options for the game before we start.Such as a round timer or how many potions we start off with.
Reply Quote
Endless mode or survival mode would only work depending on the rewards.

If loot, gold and experience were dropped then this endless/survival mode would need to have an item dropped from the rest of the game as an access to the endless/survival mode (wouldn't cost anything but time finding the item and it's a one time only use so it's drop rate can be reasonably highish).

If loot, gold and experience weren't added it could be free and simply for fun and challenge. If their is any reward at all it shouldn't be free.
Reply Quote
i just do not understand what u are saying... whats the difference?... why would people HAVE to "pay" to do this?
Reply Quote
View profile
03/28/2013 05:59 PMPosted by Travis Day
Replayability and ideas like Endless Dungeons come up a lot around the office. We definitely have plans to expand the game in these areas. Adding more monster power levels is also something that we have discussed. I personally love the idea of an endless dungeon, don't take that as a quote that I promised we are adding them though! At the heart of that idea is something really compelling, wave events, endless dungeons, hold out missions etc. Standing as the lone hero, or one of a party of heroes, against an onslaught of demons really sells the fantasy of Diablo, it's just a matter of taking the seed of that idea and iterating on it to a point where it feels like it fits into the game as a piece and not just "the only thing to do". I do hope that down the road we can find some way to make that idea a part of the content options players have at their disposal. I've said one numerous occasions, in a perfect world, when a player sits down at their computer for the evening to play the Diablo the question I want them to say to themselves is "What do I feel like doing tonight?" not "Ok time to run Act 3 again".
"something we discussed", "down the road"...

I lol'd.
Reply Quote
I hope they implement a "Royal Rumble" type gameplay scenario. A Megaboss every 1m and a side-kick every 30s. For the players, add 1 player every 1m and an npc every 30s, cap at 4 players and 4 npc and 4 Megabosses and 4 side-kicks.
Reply Quote
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/7979899155#1

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/7592241693#1

check out these ideas, bump em and such
Reply Quote
I've said one numerous occasions, in a perfect world, when a player sits down at their computer for the evening to play the Diablo the question I want them to say to themselves is "What do I feel like doing tonight?" not "Ok time to run Act 3 again".

This is the way it should've been from the start, not a freaking year after release.
Reply Quote
it's just a matter of taking the seed of that idea and iterating on it to a point where it feels like it fits into the game as a piece and not just "the only thing to do".

So by iteration you mean 5 more years?

And what else is there left to do, playing the same boring story over and over again with way too much NPC chatter along the way and instances and cutscenes to interrupt the grind?

Oh wait what about playing Act 3 over and over again, isnt that "the only thing to do" ATM?

There must be a way to remove the story completely for farming, we've seen it too often already.
For normal its ok, but after that it should be skipped automaticly.
Reply Quote
only problem i have is this would not work in hardcore unless you could exit every few waves or something.

otherwise we could just farm forever with no risk of death (stupid for HC)
Reply Quote
Endless mode would be fun if blizzards entire strategy for making monsters didnt consist of "Make it move faster and do more damage".
Its only a matter of time before you reach a level that consists of monsters one shotting you and running three times your speed. I thought diablo 3 was supposed to have epic combat that feels like a struggle against overwhelming odds, not an insta-gib fest.
Reply Quote
its definetely something we are looking at.

And we DISCUSS a lot about it.

cuz doing things is harder you know...
Reply Quote
"In a perfect world."

LOL. Like it's impossible. In a perfect world, there would be no war, equality for all humankind, no one would go hungry, and we would have other options besides farming act 3.

Which one of those doesn't belong?
Reply Quote
04/01/2013 03:59 PMPosted by NBrad
maybe they programmed the game so poorly that it's extremely difficult to make ANY adjustments whatsoever. They alluded to something like this awhile ago, although I don't have the post handy. this is something that happens with amateur programmers often...I wouldn't put it past the current dev team either.
I'm just curious, do you actually play the game? or do you only post in the forums?
Reply Quote
I dont even need it to be endless. Can we just get optional side areas that are deeper than 2 levels and have decent rewards? Or have dungeon bosses (or purples) with some sort of reward that's not all just RNG. Some sort of gauntlet of several boss pack waves one after the other with a purple at the end?

Right now, you farm for gold and RNG. It would be nice to target something and farm for that instead, especially when 95% of legendary drops are crap because of RNG. It's an exercise in frustration. Yes I know, itemization changes coming SOON.

Unfourtunately there aren't many varied non-equipment items with value. Runes, for example, so you can't have a Countess-esque dungeon with a good chance at a rune. Sure, you could get a Demonic Essence, but there is only one type of those and theyre quite common. There are Legendary/Set plans, but most are kind of useless in practice. Chance to drop gems of P. Square or higher? Ok... but kind of boring.

You need to have some modification and customization options, then put those options into rewards for expanded areas. Reagents for some new recipes maybe? I dunno, thats the same as all the other post release content.

It's hard to see long-term solutions without the expansion to reboot the game state and add stuff like skill rune modifiers or jewels or charms or whatever. You can't add a quest that can only be done once with good rewards (see: Hellforge) because the game starts at lvl 60 and there is no need to re-roll new chars for quest rewards or new builds. At all.

Hell, I'd be fine with FreePlay mode (non-quest, no story/cutscenes, all wps, all bosses) and make all dungeons randomly spawn between 1 and 8 levels deep or something.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]