Diablo® III

Endless Mode

The rewards could be somethign new eventually but for now Every 5 levels could drop:

1 Demonic Essense and a 6 Prop Rare up to Level 40
2 Demonic Essense, 1 6 Prop Rare, 1 Brimstone, an Organ Chance(on Ubers) up to Level 80
3 Demonic Essense, 1 6 Prop Rare, 1 Brimstone, 1 Legendary up to Level 95
4 Demonic Essense, 1 6 Prop Rare, 1 Brimstone. 1 Legendary, 1 Random Radiant Star Gem, 1 Set Piece

Why not increase the Demonic Essense reward to 10 - 40, 10 - 30 Brimstones and maybe:

40 Demonic Essenses, 1 6 Prop Rare, 30 Brimstones. 2 Legendaries, 1 Random Radiant Star Gem, 1 Set Piece + a BiS item like Mempo 6% CC, but BoA...
Edited by xKosciejx#2985 on 3/29/2013 3:53 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Bump
Reply Quote
Following tradition to link to this thread whenever an Endless Dungeon thread comes around:

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/6037123847

03/28/2013 05:59 PMPosted by Travis Day
in a perfect world, when a player sits down at their computer for the evening to play the Diablo the question I want them to say to themselves is "What do I feel like doing tonight?" not "Ok time to run Act 3 again".

In my opinion the best way to ensure that is by keeping the unique boss and enemy encounters to be found only in the Acts, and to ensure that there is no difference in Magic Find mechanics between anything in the Acts and anything outside of the Acts.

In ED you should not be able to fight bosses or find keys, and you should not feel forced to play ED on the basis of it having better drop potential. Keeping the concept as similar to Act farming as possible will ensure that the integrity of doing Act farming will remain intact.
Edited by Ammostiel#1897 on 3/29/2013 4:48 AM PDT
Reply Quote
I've said one numerous occasions, in a perfect world, when a player sits down at their computer for the evening to play the Diablo the question I want them to say to themselves is "What do I feel like doing tonight?" not "Ok time to run Act 3 again".

It's not exactly a perfect world, though. It's doable. A good place to start is a map system. Map systems are great, it doesn't matter who or when invented it, it's a pretty solid system and you shouldn't be ashamed of adding it because certain other titles make use of this mechanic.

Allow maps to drop at a fairly decent rate from any Act. Any mob. Like any other item. Which will function well with the increased mob density in Act 1, 2 and 4 in the upcoming patch.

These maps create a randomly generated dungeon in which the player has increased magic find, a large number of elite and champion packs can be found inside these maps and make sure the map has a decent size, so each map takes about 10-15 minutes on average.

Add legendary maps that take maybe 30-45 minutes and throw a boss or two into them that has a guaranteed legendary drop or so.

Allow these maps to have affix for increased density, difficulty increases and so forth which in return gives you a higher magic find and perhaps even bonus drop % on the map. For example a legendary map with 30% bonus drop % plus MP10 will allow a single mob to drop up to three items. Separate roll from the default MP bonus drop.

Hell, even add crafted maps, allow maps to be rerolled by combining several maps, let players uptier them, make people farm certain acts for certain maps, something. Give us something! :p
Reply Quote
This would just add D3 functions that make the game more into a lesser Torchlight clone -.- although that would at least raise its status in the ARPG community I guess. (IMHO IMHO IMHO).
Reply Quote
Very iteresting and nice Idea.... add so more very large 20 level dungeos that randomly apper
Or even endless Dungeon...
But all your ideas are great, i hope Blizzard ist listing to us^^

I really liked this idea. Something like a huge dungeon that appears 20% of the time in one area of every act, even replacing the usual extra areas. Uber boss with very high/granted legendary drop (even boa) at the end will be a plus, and a reason to walk around looking for essences.
Reply Quote
Having an andless dungeon,a single endless dungeon, in which monsters get harder and harder is not so fun.
Having an almost endless dungeon spawner is fun..
Something like trully randomized huge mazes,or open areas with small dungeons in them and,or mini events is the best way to improve replayability..
Shape and layout should be randomised each time you enter such a area

To get in these areas ,you can implement a new dropable item, some portal scrools , or recipes like infernal machine.
The plans and ingredients can come from ubers(this way you have another reason to beat them,instead of just hellfire rings)and there can be 4 types of portals you can open,1 for each act.So one type of portal can lead to ACt 1 areas( cathedral layout, cemetery of the forsaken,leorics highlands etc, and at the end of the dungeon, there should be a hard hitting boss,like siegebraker,maghda,skele king etc.but with some high resistance to crowd control effects ,,the posibilities are endless).The randomisation should be in the layout, location of boss,and the types of monsters.

There is enough time to implement something like this in expansion.Just release 1.0.8, then the itemization patch, and start the work to finish expansion and get it done allready.1 year from now,will be just too late.
Edited by Shinshila#2582 on 3/29/2013 5:48 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Replayability and ideas like Endless Dungeons come up a lot around the office. We definitely have plans to expand the game in these areas. Adding more monster power levels is also something that we have discussed. I personally love the idea of an endless dungeon, don't take that as a quote that I promised we are adding them though! At the heart of that idea is something really compelling, wave events, endless dungeons, hold out missions etc. Standing as the lone hero, or one of a party of heroes, against an onslaught of demons really sells the fantasy of Diablo, it's just a matter of taking the seed of that idea and iterating on it to a point where it feels like it fits into the game as a piece and not just "the only thing to do". I do hope that down the road we can find some way to make that idea a part of the content options players have at their disposal. I've said one numerous occasions, in a perfect world, when a player sits down at their computer for the evening to play the Diablo the question I want them to say to themselves is "What do I feel like doing tonight?" not "Ok time to run Act 3 again".

we like d2 uber style.. endless mobs spawning for xp...
Reply Quote
I'm totally down with this and yes, throw in 3x Keywardens as a late boss set so that when you defeat them you get a full set of Keys!
Reply Quote
03/29/2013 05:43 AMPosted by Shinshila

Why a dungeon, just make monsters in inferno respawn after 5 sec and everyone would suddenly love act 3 again :D
Reply Quote
Having an andless dungeon,a single endless dungeon, in which monsters get harder and harder is not so fun.

OK fine, we'll have the Survival Arena, and you can have the Endless Random Dungeon. Deal?
Reply Quote
03/29/2013 06:21 AMPosted by xKosciejx
Why a dungeon, just make monsters in inferno respawn after 5 sec and everyone would suddenly love act 3 again

Good idea, although there's something about being able to measure how far you can get, how many waves you can survive, it would be nice to be able to try and beat your previous score.
Reply Quote
03/29/2013 06:24 AMPosted by Ricsta
Good idea, although there's something about being able to measure how far you can get, how many waves you can survive, it would be nice to be able to try and beat your previous score.

We can always have a skirmish mode it would work just like MP lvls. There would be an option just like, enable Monster Power. In this mode you could only gain EXP and Gold no loot and it would last till you die and HC players would have a time limit 15-30m for each lvl. After you die or your time expires, a scoreboard would pop up on your screen, showing:

Monsters slain
Elite Packs Killed
Bosses Killed
Biggest Massacre
EXP gained
Gold picked up
Highiest Crit DMG
Lvls completed
Etc.

Btw Skirmish mode would have lvls 1 - 10 and with each lvl monster density would be increased.
After completing each lvl you would be rewarded with:

Demonic Essences
Brimstones
Rares
Legendaries
Highiest tier Gems

At the end of lvl 10 you would have 3 portals (ubers). After completing ubers a new portal would open with an uber version of Diablo. Killing Diablo would give 5M EXP 2,5M Gold and a BoA top gear BiS legendary. To prevent exploiting you could gain only 1 BoA item per character :D
Edited by xKosciejx#2985 on 3/29/2013 7:01 AM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]