Diablo® III

Rollback Policy Updated for the Americas and Europe

View profile
The damage is already done to the economy.
Reply Quote
03/26/2013 10:40 AMPosted by Lylirra
Starting on Tuesday, April 2
Why not immediately? Why not make an announcement declaring that rollback duping is still allowable for one more week?
Reply Quote
This is great news but the real question is: WHY DID IT TAKE SO LONG?

It's a no brainer. Why roll it out on just one server and ignore the other two for so long. Especially when real money is involved. X_x
Edited by Zed#1489 on 3/26/2013 11:41 AM PDT
Reply Quote
03/26/2013 11:29 AMPosted by Lylirra
I wonder why, if they did this on the Asia server last December, did it take 3 more months to do it on the America's server

Account compromise issues were particularly pronounced in our Asia region, much more than the Americas or Europe, so we decided the policy change would make the most sense to roll out in that region first and then monitor how it affected false compromise claims.

We saw really good results after this policy was implemented there, and now we're really happy to be bringing the same policy update to our players in NA, LatAM, ANZ, and EU. :)

On the other hand, duping issues were particularly pronounced on both America and Europe forums though. Maybe not so much as in Asia but it was definitely a daily returning topic. My main concern is why it took so long before Blizzard took action to implement this policy update in the other regions.
Reply Quote
Why are higher level gems not included on this???
They can stack and sell for $$$...potentially being worth more than godly duped gear, and nobody would ever know they were duped.

Also - there have been hundreds of posts on the forums for MONTHS about duping issues on the American servers...so while this is nice, it's too late. As another poster wrote above, the damage to the economy has already been done.
Edited by Fizzmopper#1811 on 3/26/2013 11:46 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Bout time we shut those barns doors.
Reply Quote
Yeah, im curious that the 1 region where there is NO RMAH this happened MONTHS ago, yet the 2 realms with real $ involved thru the AH, this just happens now.

Trying to milk every last cent via microtransactions much?

And why is this not immediate? All you have done now is that the dupers will start roilling back accounts in overdrive, just to get a full inventory of "sellable" items.

Its good that you are doing it (finally) but the delay, im sorry, is pathetic.
Reply Quote
they are not doing this because of dupers because there is no such thing as duped items in diablo 3, they are doing this for other reasons, definitely not for dupers because duping does not exist
Reply Quote
03/26/2013 12:00 PMPosted by CalvinCandie
they are not doing this because of dupers because there is no such thing as duped items in diablo 3, they are doing this for other reasons, definitely not for dupers because duping does not exist

And the Emperor has no clothes!
Reply Quote
The rollback policy should be removed completely, in my opinion. Blizzard should not take responsibility over users' accounts when it's their own fault that they were compromised 99.99% of the time. The rollback policy promotes ignorance and lack of accountability.
Reply Quote
- Diablo III
View profile
I'm really happy about this finally being implemented but...

1. You announced it, get ready for duped items galore before April 2nd. Are you going to monitor/ban the accounts associated with duping over the next week? It should be really easy to see.

2. Please bind gems as well, what's stopping someone from duping an emerald worth 25 mill each 100x ? I suppose gems will drop in value almost to the point they are only worth their crafting costs?

3. Why not bind every single duplicate item which currently exists to the account? People wouldn't lose the item (which they should, but it would hurt legit buyers too much) but it would remove them all from the economy at least.

4. Why wasn't this implemented earlier? ;( It shouldn't matter where the "most" dupes were happening, it's not like it would hurt anyone they'd still have the items.

5. What happens in the following scenario where dupers load multiple accounts with items to either sell entire accounts/ or use them for other purposes. Duper trades items from account #1 to account #2. Account #1 is rolled back, items are account bound. Account #2 trades items to account #3. Account #2 is rolled back, items are bound. etc etc. Many many accounts could be loaded up with all of the same godly gear and either sold or used exploit the game further (bots, etc)
Reply Quote
Pretty sure roll back is the newby way to dupe. There is a dupe method out that cost like $500 and can dupe unlimited amounts of items, it isn't a rollback system. This update doesn't change duping, it just improves the rollback system. It's obvious they can't fix the duping or it would be fixed by now.
Reply Quote
Ok i like the idea.

No more duped items.

But, is anything being done with the current ones?

I mean, we already have people selling the same item they duped like 4 times. Are they being investigated/baned/etc?
Reply Quote
Now this is a great idea. Is there a way to identify the dupes compared to the originals on the auctions house as to delete all the dupes and ban the owners of the original?
Reply Quote
Ok i like the idea.

No more duped items.

But, is anything being done with the current ones?

I mean, we already have people selling the same item they duped like 4 times. Are they being investigated/baned/etc?

Duping via rollback isn't what your seeing on the AH, maybe a few times here or there but the majority of that duping is being done through NPCs and straight hacking. There is a dupe method out, not just the rollback system... That's why you see 10x of the same item, that isn't from rollback...
Reply Quote
03/26/2013 12:34 PMPosted by JWNZ
Duping via rollback isn't what your seeing on the AH, maybe a few times here or there but the majority of that duping is being done through NPCs and straight hacking. There is a dupe method out, not just the rollback system... That's why you see 10x of the same item, that isn't from rollback...

Had no idea. Hope this gets fixed too (if what you say is true and there is another way of duping)
Edited by Thebas#1310 on 3/26/2013 12:37 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Fantastic.

I don't think it makes sense to account commodities. The most valuable tradable commodity is a radiant star emerald, and even these, you would need an immense number to be comparable in value to just a few great legendaries and rares. Keep in mind that there are items that trade for billions, or even tens of billions of gold.

In any case, I personally don't really care about gems. They aren't that cheap anymore, since there is a legitimate gem sink, and none of the other commodities are of value.

I hope that other methods of duplicating items, should they exist, are found and rectified.

Thank you, Blizzard!
Reply Quote
03/26/2013 12:31 PMPosted by JWNZ
Pretty sure roll back is the newby way to dupe. There is a dupe method out that cost like $500 and can dupe unlimited amounts of items, it isn't a rollback system. This update doesn't change duping, it just improves the rollback system. It's obvious they can't fix the duping or it would be fixed by now.

While im pretty certain there are other methods out there as its always going to happen, I am just about 100% sure its not sold for a measely $500. There is potential to make 10's of thousands with it.

Also, how are you so certain there are other methods and this is the cause? Granted its likely because people are able to make real money but I cannot say with as much certainty as you do that the cause of the current items are because of said method(s).
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]