Diablo® III

Rollback Policy Updated for the Americas and Europe

lol Avantgarde...that made little to no sense at all bud.

@Baggins
I never claimed anything was int he TOS so please don't attempt to put words in my mouth. If you are willing to invest 500mil into a single item you definitely do your research before purchasing that item. So yes, if you did purchase a duped item it is on you.

With that said the real issue here is the duping of gold. Which I am pretty sure this fix isn't going to affect at all. Account rollbacks should also be limited to 100mil gold restoration or none at all.
Reply Quote
03/26/2013 05:29 PMPosted by Rage
The idea is alright.. But say you get legitimately hacked, and your stuff is worth a buttload.. Those items being bound to your account would really blow when you get sick of playing. I understand it's a measure to prevent dupes, but there has to be a different way to go at it.

If you really have a character decked out in gear worth hundreds if not thousands of dollars, why not go through the "hassle" of getting an authenticator to protect your investment?

It's just common sense.

And furthermore, the benefit of the many outweigh the benefit of the few which i think fits really well to the situation at hand. There really is no other way to deal with this problem, in fact, i think they should bind everything, including gems too to the afflicted account.
Reply Quote
The idea is alright.. But say you get legitimately hacked, and your stuff is worth a buttload.. Those items being bound to your account would really blow when you get sick of playing. I understand it's a measure to prevent dupes, but there has to be a different way to go at it.

If you really have a character decked out in gear worth hundreds if not thousands of dollars, why not go through the "hassle" of getting an authenticator to protect your investment?

It's just common sense.

And furthermore, the benefit of the many outweigh the benefit of the few which i think fits really well to the situation at hand. There really is no other way to deal with this problem, in fact, i think they should bind everything, including gems too to the afflicted account.

Exactly. Imagine the amount of real money that was made from the gem dupe. I really wish there was a way to find out exactly how many gems they duped so it could accurately be calculated. I would bet easily $10,000 - $20,000 then again maybe I need to take my tinfoil hat off.

To add to the authenticator comment. There is a program called WinAuth which basically works the same way the iphone/android app does. If you don't have a smart phone or are too lazy to purchase a keychain auth at least run this program. You can also add an encrypted password to even launch the program if you want an extra layer of security.
Edited by bwest86#1525 on 3/26/2013 7:12 PM PDT
Reply Quote
You might as well bind ALL the things, seeing as someone could have thousands of gems, transfer them to a friend, and say, oops sry i gotz hacked.
Reply Quote
It only took you a year, good job making a minor step in cracking down on dupes!
Reply Quote
yea commodities are gonna tank... that's the only thing left to dupe.
Reply Quote
If it were me, I'd have taken out the very thing that invites duping... the RMAH. I'm quite shocked to see that Blizzard didn't see this coming, and hadn't put these measures in place since Day 1. Not that I support it (I'm very much against it), but where the means to profit exist, you can practically count on a few unscrupulous types to take advantage of the opportunity. It's like leaving the door to a bank vault open and unattended.... you really think everyone is going to play by the "honor system?" No, there's going to be people who will sneak into the vault and line their pockets.

Still, it's a positive step to minimize the impact of duped items. And at least one can still trade real money for items if they want to. It'll be a more pleasant solution for some legitimate players.
Edited by MimSiE#1669 on 3/26/2013 8:24 PM PDT
Reply Quote
About time it should have been done day one that it hit in Asia as Asian Players play on NA/EU servers also and had were working for money playing d3. Yall continue to be laxed and let us down please be proactive not reactive. You meetings need to be less counter productive guys
Reply Quote
^ Agreed. There needs to be less thumb-twiddling and butt-scratching in Blizzard's offices.
Reply Quote
Failing still...yall have no absolute clue how ripe D3 has been for people trying to make a buck it ruined the game
Reply Quote
Best change to the game so far IMO.

Means after the next item update, the economy should be quite a bit better than it is now.
Edited by TianZi#1634 on 3/26/2013 9:11 PM PDT
Reply Quote
03/26/2013 11:06 AMPosted by Singleton
How about gold and other commodities?

LOL BOA Gold, you really cant be that stupid can you?
Reply Quote
LOL, Thousands of Duped items in the AH on the America/EU servers and they finally take action .Looks like an attempt to get their % cut back up in the RMAH if you ask me.With prices falling on the RMAH dupes they are seeing their profit margin falling like a rock.
Reply Quote
Hey look a ladder. Get hacked. Get reset!

Seriously though. If the person really was hacked. What happens to the stolen items? Hacker gets to sell them but the person that paid for or ground for 5000 hours gets... what? A Vaseline gift card? It better smell like flowers, an expensive dinner and have a kiss on it.

Wouldn't the best solution to problems like these be to somehow make items worth less? Fight the cold not the symptoms?
Reply Quote
If a "legit" player gets compromised and has his items turned into BOA gear that is on them. Maybe he/she should have taken the precautions to secure their account. I mean hell, Blizzard could simply refuse to restore anything at all. Which is the route I prefer.
Reply Quote
03/26/2013 11:29 AMPosted by Lylirra
I wonder why, if they did this on the Asia server last December, did it take 3 more months to do it on the America's server

Account compromise issues were particularly pronounced in our Asia region, much more than the Americas or Europe, so we decided the policy change would make the most sense to roll out in that region first and then monitor how it affected false compromise claims.

We saw really good results after this policy was implemented there, and now we're really happy to be bringing the same policy update to our players in NA, LatAM, ANZ, and EU. :)

I can understand what players in the other regions are saying is this. Why did it take 3 months to see how successful it was. I would say that something like this should only take a month to two months to see how successful. More so when the majority of the false compromises were coming from the Asian region.

Now maybe all of the duping threads after the second of next month can be put to rest.
Reply Quote
9 Months late, gems star quality and above should also be bound, pretty useless now but good news for the expansion.

I don't know why blizzard don't just make authenticators mandatory for using even the gold AH, or simply have a well publicized one time bonus of say 1,000,000 gold for attaching an authenticator.
Reply Quote
03/26/2013 11:29 AMPosted by Lylirra
I wonder why, if they did this on the Asia server last December, did it take 3 more months to do it on the America's server

Account compromise issues were particularly pronounced in our Asia region, much more than the Americas or Europe, so we decided the policy change would make the most sense to roll out in that region first and then monitor how it affected false compromise claims.

We saw really good results after this policy was implemented there, and now we're really happy to be bringing the same policy update to our players in NA, LatAM, ANZ, and EU. :)

Finally!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Waited sooooo long for u to answer this
How many dup complain have player posted, numerous!!!!
I wish i can be implemented at once! Tonight!
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]