Diablo® III

Rollback Policy Updated for the Americas and Europe

There's no point in doing this unless you make both the original and the restored items bound to account.
Reply Quote
THIS blizzard is a good good idea it eliminates the problem of duping though isnt hurting the good honest players. im REALLY glad you finally came up with something intelligent. and i really really hope that you keep up these good ideas for the future of diablo 3.

thank you
Edited by Baldur#2974 on 3/27/2013 2:04 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Good move.
Reply Quote
03/27/2013 01:45 AMPosted by nitrocan
There's no point in doing this unless you make both the original and the restored items bound to account.

now if that is the case then that's pretty low. more information would be welcome.
all dupes (both the restored AND original) must be boa otherwise its pretty pointless because this means every rollback still makes new dupes.

03/26/2013 10:40 AMPosted by Lylirra
Starting on Tuesday, April 2, all character equipment including weapons and armor restored via the Diablo III rollback service will become bound to the restored account. This means restored items cannot be traded with other players or posted on the auction house, but that they can still be shared with other characters on the account and sold to merchant NPCs.

does this mean this policy is not retroactive?
this makes no sense, either go all the way or dont start at all.

question:
did you consider or will you ever implement full realm "rust storm"-like dupe cleanup measures?
(but instead of destroying all existing dupes these would become boa)
Edited by Grave#2119 on 3/27/2013 3:50 AM PDT
Reply Quote
03/26/2013 04:20 PMPosted by Cyrus
I don't really know how the duping process works with rollback but why can't they just rollback without it duping items? When I recover data that I accidentally deleted I don't get two files back.

When they do a rollback of your account, they revisit the last database backup and restore your account from there. In a duplication process, you get another account - probably someone you know - and stash your items there and then report your account was tampered with.

Thus you get two copies of the same item when they do the rollback.

I am skeptical but will not be surprised if there is a form of duping which allows people to indefinitely copy items. The key is that the dupers must identify the process in which new items are created and replicate that with their own code.

Despite what many here think, there is no way to dupe items other than account rollback abuse.
Reply Quote
when rollback happen, it should be the item only in boa condition, WITHOUT the embedded gems.
Reply Quote
Last December, we made some changes to our regional account rollback policy for players in our Asia region. We implemented this update to protect the in-game economy from the noted rise of false compromised account claims by players attempting to gain duplicate items.

This policy has proven very effective in helping reduce the number of duplicate items in the game while still allowing us to assist legitimately compromised players, and now we’re ready to roll it out for our Americas and European regions.

[What's Changing]

Starting on Tuesday, April 2, all character equipment including weapons and armor restored via the Diablo III rollback service will become bound to the restored account. This means restored items cannot be traded with other players or posted on the auction house, but that they can still be shared with other characters on the account and sold to merchant NPCs.

As always we are committed to continuing to monitor the overall health and economy of the game and make additional tweaks if necessary.

Wow, it took you guys like what... half a year to implement a tiny no-brainer change that should have been there from the start... I'm super impressed!

Now i wonder how long will it take to notice and fix a crafting exploit i described in my report to you 3 months ago? you know, the one that has already ravaged certain markets

But its okay, take your time..
Edited by LadyGaga#2827 on 3/27/2013 4:59 AM PDT
Reply Quote
FINALY!!!!!! GJ BLIZZ First time i write GJ FOR bliz :) hope not last
Reply Quote
well I guess better late than never. to bad some people made hundreds of billions already.
Reply Quote
Suggestion -- In addition to account bound items, charge $25 for performing a rollback.
Reply Quote
Good
Reply Quote
while this is a nice improvement, it would hurt the one elite player who has one of if not some of the world's best items to suddenly be removed from the game (that is tradable)

and so no amount of gold will ever be able to buy that off the person who got hit by a roll back.

The whole point of what makes diablo diablo is ITEMS, and has always been about the items imo, not able to trade limits alot of possibilities and hurt the wearer even more in acquiring other items they need for other class. After all, good items translate to gold and gold buys other player's items. If anything this may hurt the economy from another angle.

at the end of the day I thought Blizz controls the rights to all digital properties, so they can if they want to remove all duped items once and for all, which is better than a mass reset anyways. Its not like they are trying to maintain a very good reviewed Diablo game, in fact they have nothing to lose anymore but to gain.
Edited by SilverRex#1521 on 3/27/2013 6:29 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Great move by Blizzard.
Reply Quote
When Blizzard finds 10 identical items on their servers all 10 should become BOA including the original so the person trying to dupe loses the benefit to ever duplicate the item. All duped items in the market right now are TOP END items and with all the threads about duping and being able to check on diablo progress if an item has been duped the responsibility to shell out millions if not billions on gold should fall on the buyer.

And if you continue to provide rollbacks and return the gold and gems then that will become the new market to get money. If you at this point don't have an authenticator, really if you spend so much $ on items pay 6 for a authenticator or download the free phone app one.

New rollback disclaimer should be after april 2 we will return your ccount BUT ALL items including gems become BOA and your account will start with 0 gold. More gold can always be made playing and with your gear you should be able to get it back.

Just my .02 cents and hoping for something that REALLY fights duping,
Reply Quote
03/26/2013 11:29 AMPosted by Lylirra
Account compromise issues were particularly pronounced in our Asia region

Not surprising and good job this is a very welcome change!
Reply Quote
Shutting the barn door, after the 500 cloned horses have bolted.

Too little.. too late.
Reply Quote
Question.
Does this also apply to an account that has been recovered from a ban, and not a rollback?
Reply Quote
This should be retro active to remove all the dupes from the economy.

It shouldn't be hard to figure out what items are dupes.

order by item name and stats. <- this probably including a unique identifier already.

mark as account bound all items that are not the originals.

Done.
Edited by Trigoras#1104 on 3/27/2013 8:40 AM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]