Diablo® III

Bring back the Skill Tree please

skill trees = "projects"

diablo 3 = try it, then quit cause it has no depth

What does that even supposed to mean. Project? lol

He means he can't play the game so his answer is quit. A project is picking a class in D3 deciding what you want an then making it work.
Edited by DeadRu#1893 on 3/30/2013 8:28 AM PDT
Reply Quote
View profile
03/30/2013 08:26 AMPosted by DeadRu
A project is picking a class in D3 deciding what you want an then making it work.

-main stat
-vita
-all rese

man that was amazing fun game :)
Reply Quote
Look up rune stones. Far better than a skill tree, no idea why they cut the system out of the game.
Reply Quote
03/30/2013 08:30 AMPosted by dannyboi
A project is picking a class in D3 deciding what you want an then making it work.

-main stat
-vita
-all rese

man that was amazing fun game :)

Well you can pick attributes that pump your resources, There are other usefull attributes out there. If you are a WD you may want increased pickup radius. The game is what you chose to make it. At least here the stats you pick actually matter. You can go your route and then whine that Blizzard needs to reduce cd, and resource requirements because you chose to go with a dps only build. The runes are a lot more diversifying thatn picking synergies recommended by skills. The passive open up more paths. I guess there will be people that will never move past the
str to equip, dex to block, rest in vit or the stack main stat, vitality, all res mentality. So Blizzard should fix the game to suit that, no.
Reply Quote
[/uote]

Well I consider farming gold for gear a penalty, when this game should be an ARPG where useful gear drops for people. Rerolling isn't even a chore in this game as getting to 60 is ridiculously easy. One of the main issue is itemization, but I don't think that it will solve any of the character customization issues... but right now all you do is look for higher numbers of the same stats all day long. Maybe the customization can be fixed be much more in depth skills and have a synergy between builds and gear somehow, but still it feels like there is no consequence for any of your actions, and just makes the game feel like a hack n slash gauntlet legends type game. The only game I can reference that does this truly amazingly is PoE, there are a crap load of builds that are viable across all difficulties, however I will admit that in hardcore there is too much dependence on life nodes at the moment, but hey its HC.

Anyways you might think they are archaic, but the fact that this game sold as much as it did based on what was in its predecessor shows what people really want innovated upon. But now you see they are scrambling to slowly add these features and pretend like they came up with that LOL... if you can't see that D3 is slowly adding D2 features then i'm not sure what you are looking at, and some sort of skill/stat tree system is the final piece of the puzzle, but I think they would rather cater to the simplistic type of people for a quick money grab, the same type of people who will also buy this game on console hahaha.[/quote]

Well logically we should expect Blizzard to use stuff from D2 where it works. They did develop it an do own all the rights. I really do not seeing them going backwards to the obsolete skill and stat system of D3. I don't see them going with the skills drop , static passive tree design of poe. Tl2 is a mod design so I don't see that being considered.

Thesimplistic type of people what a joke. As compared to what the lemmings in D2. The symplistic type are working to make builds work. The are not depending on the approach were your skills make the game a complete cakewalk. Find me anything more symplistic than a D2 hammerdin.

Besides blizzard realizes even if the changes the game to please the vocal Minority they would be crying about the skills an stats the next day anyway.
Reply Quote
The skill tree would be retarded for d3. With all the nerfs every patch no one will ever be able to decide on what skill to use. A skill tree that changes every 2 months wouldnt be something anyone would want.
Reply Quote
You mean the few people that are still playing? Because if you haven't been aware of whats been going on for 10 months, you guys are the minority. 12 million copies sold like 1-2million people playing still? Those are not good numbers, but I'm sure you play solo anyway. Just got to accept the fact this game was simplified for people who play console. You are just trying to give us the illusion that there is freedom here, but somehow I think you enjoy being a Blizz drone.

Get your numbers right. 3m unique players every month, that's 25%, which btw is phenomenal for a game that's almos a year old with a short single player campaign with no competitive multiplayer
Reply Quote
03/30/2013 08:03 AMPosted by DeadRu
+1, too bad they made this game for brain-dead teenagers.

He is talking D2 right? I think he is confused

LOL buddy, you said you played D2 for 8 years, if you're going to insinuate that you are a brain-dead teenager that developed into a brain dead adult. My goodness, put some thought into your own claims plz.
Reply Quote

LOL buddy, you said you played D2 for 8 years, if you're going to insinuate that you are a brain-dead teenager that developed into a brain dead adult. My goodness, put some thought into your own claims plz.

I have a feeling he went and watched some youtube videos of D2 and just claims he played for 8 years LOL

*facepalm*, this DeadRu guy doesn't even know what he's talking about, I remember his first posts back then daily "D2 was a cesspool of blah blah bots dupes hacks etc" yeah ok 12 years ago, and you muddled in it for 8 years and then turn a blind eye for D3's problems in that SAME category. Jesus. Glutton for punishment literally.
Edited by KradisZ#1651 on 3/30/2013 12:21 PM PDT
Reply Quote
03/30/2013 11:50 AMPosted by Saga
you are really telling me that you have to think more in Diablo 3?

Yes. Much more. The elites are orders of magnitude harder than in D2, and I have to actually use all the spells on my bar, rather than spending 60 points on synergy skills that sit there dormant while I just spam the spell they buff all day long. D2 game-play is outdated, overly simplistic garbage compared to D3.
Reply Quote
03/30/2013 11:59 AMPosted by Monsta
Get your numbers right. 3m unique players every month, that's 25%, which btw is phenomenal for a game that's almos a year old with a short single player campaign with no competitive multiplayer

I don't think 3mil unique players every month, if that was the case the total sales # would jump significantly, and that'd make this look even worse.
Reply Quote
Should the tree system be brought back? Yeah probably. However, you failed to make the argument appealing in any way. Your last question was nothing but an embarrassment.
Reply Quote
Yes. Much more. The elites are orders of magnitude harder than in D2, and I have to actually use all the spells on my bar, rather than spending 60 points on synergy skills that sit there dormant while I just spam the spell they buff all day long. D2 game-play is outdated, overly simplistic garbage compared to D3.

No they aren't, you have 0 elemental damage in D3, a WHOLE category of damage removed, how can any affix or elite can then be more hard than D2? Things like Mortar? Really? THAT'S HARDER than FROST TOUCH? or SHOCKING?
Reply Quote
03/30/2013 12:24 PMPosted by KradisZ

No they aren't, you have 0 elemental damage in D3, a WHOLE category of damage removed, how can any affix or elite can then be more hard than D2? Things like Mortar? Really? THAT'S HARDER than FROST TOUCH? or SHOCKING?

I think you both have valid points on this one. Both examples give rise to added difficutly, but at least for MP0 Inferno, that has been overcome all but entirely by the masses playing today. If you're playing MP10 then it's still quite valid and you do a whole lot of dodge and diving around to not sit in pools or get hit with beams. I think that in D2 it was more persistent, as elemental damage, resistances and immunities never really went away, you just dealt with them accordingly. In theory D3 does the same thing in a different manner, but just to reiterate, we're mostly over that "hump" as it were.

My biggest wish is to see elemental procs return, and I've got a good feeling they will in time. I'm still on the fence with elemental damages in general though. I think that if they get the execution right with the system D3 is currently using, that it could be much more genuinely challenging and there won't be a need. That said, I don't mind being proven wrong. =)
Reply Quote

OK, first of all, stop "yelling".

You can't be serious. Frost Touch, Shocking and so on just killed you flat out if you didn't have the resists (gear). There was no skill involved in losing, or winning against them (compare to, say, Lighting Enchanted where maneuvering could actually make a difference, at least as a ranged class). Just like any elite in D3 can be face-tanked if you have the gear.

But the sum total of affixes for a given elite in D3 is harder to deal with, (assuming you don't have the gear to just face tank it, as mentioned). You have to move around more, you have to react more, you have to use combinations of skills more; and you didn't have to deal with CC or disruption (Vortex, Knockback, Waller, etc.) back in D2. Immunities in D2 were annoying, but most of the time you could very easily skip those packs if you couldn't break their immunity (which really wasn't that hard). Packs in D3 are much more difficult to escape once you aggro them; they are much more tenacious (and generally faster moving) than in D2.

So, yes, I maintain that the game-play in D3 is much more involved.
Edited by Urthas#1209 on 3/30/2013 1:11 PM PDT
Reply Quote
03/30/2013 01:16 PMPosted by Saga

I smash 3 buttons on my CM wizard and thats it...I got bored of it. I didn't have to think at all, just smashed 3 buttons all at the same time.

Well, that's two more buttons than Diablo 2.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]