Diablo® III

Bring back the Skill Tree please

I don't want a skill tree. The skill system was the best decision Blizz made for D3.
Reply Quote
people who don't want skills trees back never played d2 at a high level

how can you put TIME into a game you have no investment in?

no investment....no replay value
Edited by dewey#1278 on 4/7/2013 12:35 AM PDT
Reply Quote
03/31/2013 10:40 PMPosted by Seluhir
I don't want a skill tree. The skill system was the best decision Blizz made for D3.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WEtRoZ5FWNc

^ This.
Edited by scorch#1821 on 4/7/2013 12:53 AM PDT
Reply Quote
I stopped replying after seeing players of different forums justifying convenience with real-life job, wife, and things like that. It is frustrating to see a man of my age losing his teenager inside, becoming caring about what he gets/loses in the end more than the overall experience. And I know I am not qualified to change anyone's values.

But still, since I see this thread again, whether you think the idea sucks or not, you made your points, thanks for the bump.

And yes, GGG did a great job, they aslo know where the bottom lines of conflicts are.
Reply Quote
03/31/2013 10:32 PMPosted by Iwotmate
D3 seriously strays so far away from anything Role Play it is ridiculous.

Diablo was ever Role-playing game?

And of course in D2 things like a Trist/Tombrunes and DiaBall bots were present because people wanted to invest much time?
Skill tree [even if I'd have no problem if it was reintroduced] and manual stats distribution was a BS. Most people used builds from web and went full-Vita...
Reply Quote
Hey guys,

I know it is out of topic but
check out new profile viewer app for android.

you can check it on youtube befor trying

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=eh_pU28CZ1U

here the link for app :

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=org.zaiczosoft.android.d3ht&feature=search_result#?t=W251bGwsMSwxLDEsIm9yZy56YWljem9zb2Z0LmFuZHJvaWQuZDNodCJd
Reply Quote
The skill tree was the worst part of diablo 2 Dont ever bring that back PLEASE
Reply Quote
04/07/2013 02:33 AMPosted by Jt3z

are you kidding me? allotting skill points to a skill tree so that you can make any skill as strong as you want it too and not having to wait for a patch for a buff(or a nerf) is a whole hell of a lot better than this cookiecutter !@#$ we have ryt now. it would make ALL builds viable or at the very least workable. ihaving the skill tree back wouldn't fix the game but it sure would help.
Reply Quote
lol So the truth pops it's ugly head out. They want the skill trees so they can just make an op character they can make as strong as they want. Max skill, max synergies. These are not even real players, just people that nedd the game handed to them.
Cookie cutter, lol D2 wrote the book on cookie cutters. Sure you could make all the fail diverse characters in d2 you wanted an leech off of Botted hammerdin baal runs. Here you can make fail builds, but can't leech.
Reply Quote
04/07/2013 03:22 AMPosted by tenzen

are you kidding me? allotting skill points to a skill tree so that you can make any skill as strong as you want it too and not having to wait for a patch for a buff(or a nerf) is a whole hell of a lot better than this cookiecutter !@#$ we have ryt now. it would make ALL builds viable or at the very least workable. ihaving the skill tree back wouldn't fix the game but it sure would help.
Sorry the skill tree was the worst part of D2 if u put in one bad slot u r royally !@#$ed horrible idea. The skills in D3 need buffs for classes other than the Barb that is all
Reply Quote

LoL I played D2 for a long time I played at the ubers level I used to make endless white runs. What has this got to do with anything. The d2 skill system was mindless and dumb. The tool tips even showed which skills synergized each other.
Reply Quote
View profile
it also gave me a sense of character growth, which D3 is void of. I could care less if it pidgeon holed me into a path, if I wanted a complete different set of classnamehere I would re-roll and power up that path instead on that alt, thus the name of Role Playing Game. If I wanted a certain role, I'll make it that way. To be universally great at everything like D3, just means your char is at it's best at any given point and it's up to you whether they're short sighted of it or not. Your character effectively is like all the alts you'd ever make slapped into 1.

I realized that I wanted to comment on just this part. You are talking about having a Role when using the buy one get one free synergy that I say is junk. Let's say the following is true. If skill trees, points and D2 synergies existed.

Let's say that a wizard has active skill that will provide a strong life regen. But let's say that the synergies needed to make it really effective are in Lightning. Now what if I wanted my role to be a Fire/Regen wizard. I could not do it because the needed synergies are locked into Lightning. That destroys that role. Trying to build a fire regen will likely mean that either you regen will be very weak or the dps of your fire will be weak. This is why I say that this type of synergy is junk.
Reply Quote
ol So the truth pops it's ugly head out. They want the skill trees so they can just make an op character they can make as strong as they want. Max skill, max synergies. These are not even real players, just people that nedd the game handed to them.
Cookie cutter, lol D2 wrote the book on cookie cutters. Sure you could make all the fail diverse characters in d2 you wanted an leech off of Botted hammerdin baal runs. Here you can make fail builds, but can't leech.

everybody wants an op character,isn't that your goal? having a skill tree just let's us decide how we want it to be op.
Reply Quote
View profile
ol So the truth pops it's ugly head out. They want the skill trees so they can just make an op character they can make as strong as they want. Max skill, max synergies. These are not even real players, just people that nedd the game handed to them.

everybody wants an op character,isn't that your goal? having a skill tree just let's us decide how we want it to be op.

He mentioned hammerdins, so he is saying that there were more failed builds in D2 that needed to be carried by hammerdins since they were the most efficient.

But as far as build diversity this game has a good amount of it. Sure you only have a small amount of builds that are efficient at farming, but that was no doubt true for D2 as well.
Reply Quote
Haven't read the entire thread, so this may have already been mentioned.

How about from levels 1-60 you unlock all the skills (no change from how it is currently) and stat points are assigned automatically.

From paragon levels 1-100, you get 1 skill point and 5 stat points to be assigned manually. The skill points are used on the runes of a skill, and not the skill itself. Maybe 15 skill points per rune can be assigned, which make that rune stronger than the other runes. It would be nice if these skill points also implement synergies for certain runes.

All of these choices would be "semi-permanent". The character can be respec'd by crafting an item at the blacksmith that requires a lot of demonic essences and other rare BOA items that randomly drop from Inferno bosses.

This way people can still change their skills/runes at any time, but using a rune that has not been leveled up will not provide as much of an advantage. Also makes it where people don't have to make a new char to try something new.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]