Diablo® III

What made the community so Sour?

(Locked)

If Diablo 3 was a great game, do you think most of the community would be sour like they are currently?

(I'm generalizing because this is my opinion)

If Diablo 3 had content put out regularly, do you think this community would outrage like it does constantly?

If Diablo 3 had legitimate specs for each class, that were ACTUALLY unique, do you think people would react like this?

If Diablo 3 wasn't being released for console, and you had a Single player, and 8 player game options, do you think 80% of the people who bought the game, would have stayed?

If Diablo 3 was more Dark, like its predecessors, with pentagrams, and evil real world demonic relations, do you think it would grasp people into the game more?

If Diablo 3 was, what they said it was going to be before launch, would people act as though someone put sand in their potato salad?

If Diablo 3 didn't kill off Deckard Cain, the only interesting character left besides Tyrael, do you think the long time fans of Diablo would be more happy?

Think about it. I'll wait.
I am not sour!
cuz blizz says they're here for you and will take any criticisms. you dig your own grave when you say lies like this.
the promise of something great...
and the reality of something rushed.
i Went to the waybackwhenmachine or whatever to read the forums when d2 was first released and i can tell u,,, you do have the people who say things like blizzard will fail etc etc.

"game sucks"

but this is a whole diff ball game.
words cant describe how much i hate this game.
Part of the reason is that many people had unrealistic expectations of this game. No matter what blizz did, they wouldn't like it. The only thing that is really wrong with this game is itemization.
There was a lot of hype, expectations and feelings regarding this game, ARPGs are rare, for some unkown reason... for 10 years D2 was pretty much the king of ARPGs, nobody made a proper attempt at besting it and it was so odd since D2 was at its core, a simple game.

Then the 2008 reveal made everyone so pumped up but the game has been mutilated since that reveal. The end result angered many people and there was also a clash of generations, nowdays people are ok with discardable experience, so the way how D3 turned out was okay for them but D2 players and players who grew up knowing Diablo as one the biggest franchises in gamming, pretty much leader of the genre and one of the most important PC games ever expected a lot more than this, which is by far, the weakest and most flawed product that blizzard has ever released.

And the community has taken a huge hit from this, the game was hyped for almost a decade, and the end result is so shallow, fansites are dead, there isnt anything to dicuss about the game and we still have to read statements like "Ahh what did you expected? Its not a MMO!" , I would bet most of the ppl saying those comments are from the new generation that didnt get to experiment how replayable a Diablo game could be if done correctly.
03/29/2013 06:38 PMPosted by half3vil
Part of the reason is that many people had unrealistic expectations of this game. No matter what blizz did, they wouldn't like it. The only thing that is really wrong with this game is itemization.

I dont agree with "unrealistics expectations", its Blizzard after all, they have all the money in the world and are known to not change the formula all that much, all their games are just polished versions of the precedding games. This is a simple isometric dungeon crawler from a franchise of which they have the rights and enough time to study what worked on it, but no, they tried to reinvent the wheel and the only innovation that D3 actually brought to the franchise was most due to gutted features rather than addition, the result is that they turned a game that was simple (D2) and made it even more simple, which just ended up as hollow game that doesnt take long to evoke its apathetic state.

It wasnt unrealistic, the blame shouldnt be put on the players, Blizzard themselves created all this unnecessary trouble, the formula was simple they just didnt make it right.
Hating is a meme, unfortunately.
03/29/2013 06:38 PMPosted by half3vil

Ya wanting a game to be similar to the past game is totally unrealistic. Maybe if the pompous high ups would have quit telling us how we "actually" felt about Diablo 2 and made a similar game it would be better.

The only thing wrong with D3 is the itemization... and how linear it is, and the fact you can't level past 60(except paragon levels) but who the... cares about paragon levels. and the fact there is almost no social aspect with the auction house and 4 man games and not being able to join/create whatever games we want... and the fact your gear IS your character, and the loot tables are super lame. Also gearing in D3 is just stacking Crit chance, Crit damage, attack speed, Mainstat/VIta and all res. No other stats need to exist.
Oh but the physics and lighting effects are super great!

D3 is not a bad game, It's just a bad Diablo game.
Edited by Kaiten#1217 on 3/29/2013 6:57 PM PDT
If Diablo 3 was a great game, do you think most of the community would be sour like they are currently?

Hard to say, since forum most notable function is place to complain. You can see it in a lot of great MMORPG. It's impossible to satisfy all people, and the larger the player base the more people dissatisfied.

(I'm generalizing because this is my opinion)

If Diablo 3 had content put out regularly, do you think this community would outrage like it does constantly?

Of course. Every change there will always be complaint. Introduce BOA and AH user get angry, Buff legendaries and current BiS owner get angry. Nerf Elites and hardcore gamer get angry. Buff elites and casual gamers get angry. Diablo 3 have too wide range of interests.

If Diablo 3 had legitimate specs for each class, that were ACTUALLY unique, do you think people would react like this?

I guess the people that complaint about lack of variance in classes will complaint less. There will be more complaint on balancing PVP, i guess.

If Diablo 3 wasn't being released for console, and you had a Single player, and 8 player game options, do you think 80% of the people who bought the game, would have stayed?

Actually lack of single player game didn't have that much complainer compared to Itemization, Bot and AH problem.

Would 12 millions people buy Diablo 3, if the cracked version showed up in torrent within 1 week and can be played as single player game ?

If Diablo 3 was more Dark, like its predecessors, with pentagrams, and evil real world demonic relations, do you think it would grasp people into the game more?

I like the idea of darker grimmer video and better music. At the moment, it feel lacking in atrocities.

If Diablo 3 was, what they said it was going to be before launch, would people act as though someone put sand in their potato salad?

I don;t follow Diablo 3 that closely before launch, so I don;t get that disappointed. I guess the same people that does it are the same people that declare D3 for console will be the best game ever after they watch the preview video.

If Diablo 3 didn't kill off Deckard Cain, the only interesting character left besides Tyrael, do you think the long time fans of Diablo would be more happy?

I don;t remember Cain that much interesting, I guess I don;t immersed in D1 and D2 that much. I have to agree, though.. the death is lack certain emotional involvement.

Actually, It's difficult to understand why with so much resource in their hands, Blizzard can;t make better video animation between acts and when you get certain key points.

This game need more animation where players can press printscreen button to get a great wallpaper.

Think about it. I'll wait.

Done.

Hmm, additional note. In my opinion, the one key for the reason why community is so sour, is because they feel their opinion is disregarded. The last few months, communication is improved between Devs and playerbase and i think it improved the community a little bit.

If small communication improvement between devs and playerbase, make significant change on community, wouldn't you think the logical choice is to improve it in even greater ?
They will be sour until they can faceroll the game in mp10 without having to play. Then we have them sour because they want to make more money for playing a game than working a job.
If you play for fun you can have fun. If you play for $$ you will never be happy.
They will be sour until they can faceroll the game in mp10 without having to play. Then we have them sour because they want to make more money for playing a game than working a job.
If you play for fun you can have fun. If you play for $$ you will never be happy.

lol, I have to disagree with the bold ones.

a small minority of people does having fun playing for $$$. "Never will be" is too strong. I think "Very unlikely to be".is better.
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]