Diablo® III

What made the community so Sour?

(Locked)

Forums are bad for everything. The internet is chock full of dicks with nothing better to do than try and ruin ppls lives.
Add back the social element d2 had. Allow 4-8 player modes but in so doing -- turn off game animations and special effects. Add chat communities, guilds, clans to d3 like starcraft and wow have.
03/29/2013 06:03 PMPosted by Paulywally
If Diablo 3 was a great game, do you think most of the community would be sour

if d3 was great, it would be an improvement over diablo 2
Posted by dewey
If Diablo 3 was a great game, do you think most of the community would be sour

if d3 was great, it would be an improvement over diablo 2

Just don't understand a lot of the horrible design decisions they went with.

i know man, but atleast they are admitting the problems now.

i even saw a statement from rob pardo saying somthing along the lines of "we wont rest untill diablo 3 is the best game in the franchise", about 6 weeks ago

i didnt put much stock in that statement untill jay saids "the auction house was bad"
now my hopes are higher
Community is sour because of the devs arrogance. Since day 1 pre-beta the community has raised concerns that were met with ridicule and arrogance. Such as Whimsyshire being a 'joke' prodding fun at the expense of concerns that the art direction of the game was too bright (raised from a screenshot with a rainbow) and happy, and not nearly true to the dark, gothic feel of its predecessors.

People raised several concerns, and were instead told they just remembered D2 incorrectly and that they didn't know what 'fun' was.

Consistently ignoring raised issues and legitimate concerns.

Being exceptionally sluggish, tardy and slow in delivering what they should. A year later and we still don't have identify all. We barely got a scrapped-together messed up attempt at PvP almost a year later, when we were promised competitive, arena-based PvP shortly after launch.

Constant unfulfilled promises along with the attitude that we don't know what we want.

The fact that there's now also a claim that the AH itself was the issue tells me there is absolutely no hope, because if they believe that then they're even stupider than I thought at this stage. The AH, and all of the problems with it, is only a symptom of the terrible design issues. The real disease in this game are fundamental design decisions, such as main stats, weapon damage being linked to everything, and along with the simplistic mechanics.
Oh what a pity the beta forums are gone now.
03/29/2013 06:38 PMPosted by half3vil
Part of the reason is that many people had unrealistic expectations of this game. No matter what blizz did, they wouldn't like it. The only thing that is really wrong with this game is itemization.

I don't think that expecting a game to be as good as a prequel 10 years old is unrealistic.

Also, in a game about loot, your second statement is akin to saying that the only thing really wrong about this burger is the meat.
* the auction house was a bad idea to try to squeeze more money out of the customers.

* the game is very short and repetitive.

* There is no real pvp and the multi player seems lack luster

* The bosses have no real personality and frankly none of the characters at all do.

I honestly believe blizzard lost their touch. All the games they make now are just like every other AAA game, just out there to make as much money as possible. No longer do blizzard make games and wait until they're perfect. No longer do they have the high standard they were known for.

Look at wow, you can buy literally everything they originally said would never happen. Race transfers, faction transfers, server transfers. All over priced too.

StarCraft 2 is horrid compared to one. No lan play? Constant internet connection required? No ability to create spawn disks? Those were the only reason starcraft one was any good.
The promises, The hype.. Remember the gameplay video years ago?

Remember the walls of constructive criticisms ignored during the beta phase?

The incredibly short story for a game 7 years in development. The broken itemization in an item based game.

The whole internet cries about it, this ain't bandwagon. It's just fans who are passionate about diablo got pushed over the edge.

my 2 cents
Bugs. And a lot of them. Tempest Rush rubber banding death..need I say more :D
I'll just quietly add Mac client to the list. For our Mac friends, :p

StarCraft 2 is horrid compared to one. No lan play? Constant internet connection required? No ability to create spawn disks? Those were the only reason starcraft one was any good.

LOL. Stop living in the past. Starcraft 2 is actually a good game. THe first one was great because it was a great game, not because it had lan or spawn disc option LOL.
Community is sour because of the devs arrogance. Since day 1 pre-beta the community has raised concerns that were met with ridicule and arrogance. Such as Whimsyshire being a 'joke' prodding fun at the expense of concerns that the art direction of the game was too bright (raised from a screenshot with a rainbow) and happy, and not nearly true to the dark, gothic feel of its predecessors.

Honestly, that art direction freak out over a rainbow is still stupid today.

People raised several concerns, and were instead told they just remembered D2 incorrectly and that they didn't know what 'fun' was.

Consistently ignoring raised issues and legitimate concerns.

Being exceptionally sluggish, tardy and slow in delivering what they should. A year later and we still don't have identify all. We barely got a scrapped-together messed up attempt at PvP almost a year later, when we were promised competitive, arena-based PvP shortly after launch.

Constant unfulfilled promises along with the attitude that we don't know what we want.

The fact that there's now also a claim that the AH itself was the issue tells me there is absolutely no hope, because if they believe that then they're even stupider than I thought at this stage. The AH, and all of the problems with it, is only a symptom of the terrible design issues. The real disease in this game are fundamental design decisions, such as main stats, weapon damage being linked to everything, and along with the simplistic mechanics.

This ^
Sad thing is it will probably never be fixed though. More important to get money to make "Titan"
They produced a game for children, most of the original diablo1&2 fans are adults now, mid 20's+. They missed a huge opportunity imo.
03/30/2013 05:27 PMPosted by Zyron
I honestly believe blizzard lost their touch. All the games they make now are just like every other AAA game, just out there to make as much money as possible. No longer do blizzard make games and wait until they're perfect. No longer do they have the high standard they were known for.

+1

+100
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]