Diablo® III

Any Barb Who *doesn't* use the NATS SET is a fool!

So, I just switched, and I don't know any Barbs who have figured this out yet...

BARBS SHOULD USE THE NATALYA'S RING AND BOOT SET.

Why? Because the +7% CC is an insanely powerful bonus for the WW build. The whole build depends upon 7% CC, and this can easily get you near 80% CC (w the WotB bonus).

Check out my Nat's Reflection Ring:

+87 STR
+32 AVG DMG
+9% IAS
+12.5% CC (inclusive of set bonus)
+167 Life Regen
+86 Dex

That's a pretty godly Barb ring in and of itself, but the extra 7% for CC makes it insane.

But, wait, you wonder, what about the other part of the set? You have to waste a slot to get the second item.

Well, not really.

Nat's Bloody Footprint is not a great boot. If you get one with +99 STR, then you are losing two things from your Ice Climbers. You lose about 100 - 150 STR (including the socket), and you lose some life bonus.

That is a SMALL price to pay for the extra 7% CC for WW Barbs.

Not only that, but Nat's set gives you almost 300 DEXTERITY. Is that trivial? Nope. Because it gives you 6% Chance to Dodge, which is so valuable that any barb who doesn't know about it is a fool. That Dodge Chance is far more valuable at the margin than extra AR and possibly extra EHP...

I made the switch.

It's a no brainer.
Reply Quote
300 dex nata boots cost over 200mil no thank you, who needs cc reduction when wotb is always up
Reply Quote
You totally did not read this post. Your response was nonsensical. The boots cost about 2 mil gold.
Reply Quote
400 stats for 7 cc..... no thanks
Reply Quote
Check your DPS calculator... and learn how life works.
Reply Quote
you net more dps with well rolled crafted bracers and 8% strength zunni's trail. get your MS from innas/boots and rock well rolled rare rings imo. the cost for a high crit, str, 9% nats ring is too high to justify the small net gain
Reply Quote
If u are PL that's not really an option as both ring slots are taken up with Leorics and Hellfire...
Edited by Supes#1646 on 3/30/2013 12:24 PM PDT
Reply Quote
I've seen a lot of barbs do this. It's definitely viable. I don't think I'd benefit from it. Wouldn't want to give up either of my rings. Already at around 80% fully buffed cc so at some point there are diminishing returns and stacking CHD is better.
Reply Quote
Yeah, but people forget all the OTHER benefits of doing this besides the huge DPS and WW Crit advantages...

*You get +10% DODGE CHANCE -- This is better than having +200 All Resistance. Run the math.
*You get +12% MOVEMENT SPEED -- This allows you to craft bracers rather than depend upon Lacunis... so once you are past your as break point you can add +150 STR / +100 VIT. In my build this will get me +15k DPS.
*You get +5% DMG REDUCTION -- Again, one of the most underrated stats in the game.

And that is just icing on the cake.

This is a really really potent improvement for most barbs.
Reply Quote
03/30/2013 11:28 AMPosted by Brygo
and learn how life works.
LOL maybe you should leave your house more often :)
Reply Quote
so why dont you show that combo in your profile? I'd like to compare it in d3rawr with IAS Boots and normal trifecta ring.
Reply Quote
03/30/2013 11:57 AMPosted by Technoviking
you net more dps with well rolled crafted bracers and 8% strength zunni's trail. get your MS from innas/boots and rock well rolled rare rings imo. the cost for a high crit, str, 9% nats ring is too high to justify the small net gain

Maybe at super high-end gearing, but d3up.com still shows me getting around 100 more DPS per 1 CC than I do per 1% Ele Dmg.

I don't necessarily agree with how Brygo presented the thread, but I do think Nats set is fantastic, for any class. Non-Dex classes still want 500 Dex for the 20% Dodge... it's as vital of a stat as Armor and AR, IMO.

Nats boots in general are a nice pair of boots... AR, Armor, Melee Reduce, and Dex is a large amount of mitigation/EHP, and Nat's boots CAN roll up to 100 Str + 100 Vit for the +1 Random Property roll.
Reply Quote
View profile
Meh.

Ground effects can't be dodged.
Reply Quote
Putting ef OH with high end sword MH or axe +ias really bakes peoples noodle. going from 1.4 to 1.65 is a fairly big jump with comparable avg damage still in MH.

going from 70-80% crit is sometimes not worth 70% with more ticks to crit.

there is at least some depth to ww builds.
Reply Quote
View profile
I guess this is good in some situations, but I think ice climbers and rare ring is better. Barbs don't need anymore crit chance. They already get 28% from the normal WW skills and an additional 10% if they use overpower. There's no need for the extra 7% because WOTB can already be sustained. I would rather take the additional stats and defense from ice climbers.

Like I said before, this might be good in some situations, but the same argument could be said about barbs wearing a Tal chest for additional attack speed. Not for everyone.
Edited by TheFunGun21#1392 on 3/30/2013 2:32 PM PDT
Reply Quote
@Chop

If you look at the break points, then it is ALWAYS worth it. That is, make sure you are close to the min of your break point range...

I'm aiming for 2.5 APS, and once I'm there, it's going to be hard to get over 3.0... so as long as I just make the 2.5 cut, then I really want to focus on CC.

Again, props to the lone person on this thread who understands how insanely valuable dodge chance is, which is really just icing on this cake.
Reply Quote
@FunGun21

Ice Climbers provide you with +450 stat at the highest level.

Natalya's Footprint provides you with +200 stat at the highest level.

In almost all circumstances, the +7% CC > +200 stat.

While it's true that you can usually sustain your WW at lower levels, the WotB sustain is another issue. Every time I find a pack, I can get my WotB timer back down to zero... that doesn't really happen when you have 55% CC... that's the type of thing that happens at 80% CC.
Reply Quote
Yeah, but people forget all the OTHER benefits of doing this besides the huge DPS and WW Crit advantages...

*You get +10% DODGE CHANCE -- This is better than having +200 All Resistance. Run the math.

ah yeah, I guess thats why the dodge based characters cry over the Barb which gains from the str an general restiance which works against all incoming damage. You can have 100% dodge, but that will help you against attacks that bypass dodge how much? Exaclty. - Although I DO agree with you that to have a bit of dodge is nice, but as Barb, there is no way around Str. really because it gives you damage and armor.

The Natsring might be an interesting item, no doubts about that, but particularly very good nats rings cost A LOT.
Reply Quote
This has nothing to do with the actual thread but I just checked out the Barb's passive's on OP. First time I ever looked at barbs skills and holy !@#$. I never really checked into the "WW Barb OP" thing but holy %^-*!

20% armor and 20% all res for 60 seconds!
40% movement speed for 30 seconds!
WoTB.... not sure if serious.....gg
CC 5% and crit dmg 50% always....
10% CC for maces....

I should have made a barb. Anyway back to the dex thing, yes dodge chance is a very nice bonus to a Barb or Monk but with DH the low defense makes dodge the great equalizer. I feel the same way about str that you do with dex.
Reply Quote
Any Barb Who *doesn't* use the NATS SET is a fool!
i dont use its thats mean im a fool ?
I know what im doing there many bulid for barb for test but its just i dont have monay ot luck find a good of pice gear
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]