Diablo® III

Any Barb Who *doesn't* use the NATS SET is a fool!

03/30/2013 11:28 AMPosted by Brygo
Check your DPS calculator... and learn how life works.

Apparently you don't.

No one who knows how life works starts a discussion with insults, not to mention what you wrote is 6 months ago old junk. Nothing useful or innovative.

So please leave the basement and go out once for a while.
Reply Quote
View profile
Keep in mind that dex can also stack on ice climbers, up to 200 on one roll. You're all assuming ice climbers has zero dex. Totally not true.
Reply Quote
I really like your gear and paper DPS, but your tDPS, especially vs elites, isn't astounding.

You have 140k tDPS more than I do unbuffed, but vs elites I'm higher. Also you have 310AR. How do you survive?

I say this knowing your EF could buy my entire barb.

You obviously know you need EHP. You'd also benefit from trading in right ring for soj, something I'm assuming you obviously know.

Using D3rawr, plug in my OH as yours and put EF back in MH. Adjust IAS so you're at 2.85/2.33 WOTB. You'd be a monster.

Just a thought, nice gear and I'm going to fiddle around with nats tonight. Ty for the idea.
Reply Quote
@ fungun
Yes, dex on IC is hardly noticed. Mine have 191.
Reply Quote
The point of Nat's and Dex has nothing to do with whether or not Ice Climber's can have Dex too... the point was that the Dex on Nat's boots is not actually a bad thing, and that the 2pc set bonus on Nat's is a significant bonus that you get in addition to two independently good pieces of gear (with the right rolls).
Reply Quote
View profile
So, I just switched, and I don't know any Barbs who have figured this out yet...

BARBS SHOULD USE THE NATALYA'S RING AND BOOT SET.

Why? Because the +7% CC is an insanely powerful bonus for the WW build. The whole build depends upon 7% CC, and this can easily get you near 80% CC (w the WotB bonus).

Check out my Nat's Reflection Ring:

+87 STR
+32 AVG DMG
+9% IAS
+12.5% CC (inclusive of set bonus)
+167 Life Regen
+86 Dex

That's a pretty godly Barb ring in and of itself, but the extra 7% for CC makes it insane.

But, wait, you wonder, what about the other part of the set? You have to waste a slot to get the second item.

Well, not really.

Nat's Bloody Footprint is not a great boot. If you get one with +99 STR, then you are losing two things from your Ice Climbers. You lose about 100 - 150 STR (including the socket), and you lose some life bonus.

That is a SMALL price to pay for the extra 7% CC for WW Barbs.

Not only that, but Nat's set gives you almost 300 DEXTERITY. Is that trivial? Nope. Because it gives you 6% Chance to Dodge, which is so valuable that any barb who doesn't know about it is a fool. That Dodge Chance is far more valuable at the margin than extra AR and possibly extra EHP...

I made the switch.

It's a no brainer.
Just build a barb with decent EHP and use overpower-killing spree and gain 10 cc-No brainer.

LoL @ 400k EHP http://www.diabloprogress.com/hero/brygo-1838/SirBrygo/3312351
Edited by ImmortalKing#1296 on 3/30/2013 5:14 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Well, did the Nat's ring and Nat's boots both have STR on them? LOL.

Won't work if you are using Dex Ring and Dex Boots on a Barb.
Reply Quote
@OP. You use warcry and blood funnel to compensate for lack of EHP and you brag about dodge? You forego 10% cc from OP/KS and brag about a 7 % set bonus like nobody has thought of this prior to you?

The more I read this thread the more I'm convinced OP is just drumming up interest for some STR nats stuff he's trying to flip. Or just trolling. Either way, success.
Reply Quote
@HighLife

That is temporary until I get an IK Chest with the 190 STR / 275 VIT that I need to stay alive. Just have to get a little more gold together... the pos chest I have now is obviously incongruent with the GG I have in almost every slot.

Obviously a Mempo, when I can afford it, will fix the AR issue too.

I am well aware of basic skills.

Nat Ring + Nat Boots = the best and optimal combo for a Barbarian.
Reply Quote
Good luck farming up a cc mempo and gg IK chest with your current setup. Better get that credit card out.

Considering that most top barbs run iceclimbers, it's safe to say your assertion that nats is optimal is false.
Reply Quote
Yeah i fail to see the point of using nats for CC when you could get over 300 str on a good pair of ice climbers with gem. that alone beats out the 7% cc by your own calculations, plus you get a TON more ehp. with the ehp from ice climbers you could very well drop war cry and use OP:KS and have more dps and more ehp. the only thing you would be missing then is a lil movement speed (1% by your gear)
Reply Quote
also if you are concerned at all with MS you would be using hurricane with WW instead of blood funnel.

Also the only issue i ever have with survivability is maybe being walled into a horde of plagued/arcane/molten which none of that can be dodged (well arcane can i think but AR and HP help more than dodge in those cases).
Reply Quote
lol u paid for your items. im disappoint
Reply Quote
Apparently you don't.

No one who knows how life works starts a discussion with insults, not to mention what you wrote is 6 months ago old junk. Nothing useful or innovative.

So please leave the basement and go out once for a while.

QFT OP is another egotistical nerd, who has to belittle those who don't see things his way. The title of this thread speaks volumes about what kind of spoiled little person he is.
Reply Quote
We've reviewed this several times in this thread...

Ice Climbers -- even with a GG roll -- do not stack up to the Nat Ring + Boots. Most Barbs can't afford this setup, which is why they go with Ice Climbers.

A max-roll Ice Climber will give you +250 STR / + 150 VIT + 60 STR from socket... for a total of +460 to main stats. The Nat's Boots give you +200, so now it's only a difference of +260.

And, yes, 7% CC is MUCH better than +260 to stats... both from a DPS and mechanics standpoint.

My title was !@#$%y, I know, but you gotta get people to click :)
Reply Quote
Also, the reason why my gear is worth 6 Bil + is not because of buying items on RMAH, it's because I know how to play the AH... lol... nobody gets gear like this without knowing the economics of how to work the AH.
Reply Quote
View profile
A max roll ice climber is actually 300 strength (without socket) and 200 vitality. You can also get 200 dexterity with this combination.

Edit: If you want both strength and vitality on a nat's ring, then you have to sacrifice either crit damage or average damage (because nat's ring only has 3 random props ). It makes no sense to trade 1 trifecta stat (in this case the set bonus) for another trifecta stat, especially when you massively gimp your EHP in the process.
Edited by TheFunGun21#1392 on 3/30/2013 6:47 PM PDT
Reply Quote
View profile
Yea, you play the AH and you don't even know the proper rolls on ice climbers. Comon dude, heres proof.
http://www.diabloprogress.com/item/29525350
Reply Quote
@Eddizel

Check again when it refreshes. That was me moving stuff around.

I assure you that I have a chest piece :)

damn, talking about glass canons. 33,9k Life, ow much are your restiances, they dont even show up?

Also, Marquise in both of your weapons, 328 973 damage, only 12417 elite kills?

What do you actually want to teach us others here?

@HighLife

That is temporary until I get an IK Chest with the 190 STR / 275 VIT that I need to stay alive. Just have to get a little more gold together... the pos chest I have now is obviously incongruent with the GG I have in almost every slot.

Obviously a Mempo, when I can afford it, will fix the AR issue too.

I am well aware of basic skills.

Nat Ring + Nat Boots = the best and optimal combo for a Barbarian.

Good luck farming up a cc mempo and gg IK chest with your current setup. Better get that credit card out.

Considering that most top barbs run iceclimbers, it's safe to say your assertion that nats is optimal is false.

^
This.

Seriously, leave the High-DPS goals to the people that either Flipp or spend some 250$+ on their characters. You just lose a damn lot of EHP as far as most people noticed here. And your targets, an IK chest with lots of vit and str, great mempo etc. will go in price ranges a "normal" player simply cant farm anymore. So while some of us enjoy MP10, you have fun on the lower levels. Not that this is meant as offense, really. Just saying, DPS is not everything. Just as how other glass canons thought that DPS is king before Inferno was nerfed, or health pinatas, that their characters have been down in two hits by the creatures of act 2 in old Inferno. Just because you have 70k Life, doesnt mean youre "strong". Or just because you have 300 000+ DPS. A "good" character is trying to achieve an balance, between life, damage he can take and deal. What is it good for if you have to kite creatures to death? DHs can deal a lot of DPS, but they ca not face tank mobs and thus they lose a lot of DPS because they have to stay on their toes.

Seriously, for playing MP10 your are already "good" with around 270 000 DPS, pushing your Berzerker in to ranges of 400 000 DPS and more (switching that mempo that has no crit with andariels can even get to almost 500 000, but in the end its better to have that EHP!). You will still "melt" trough most of the mobs even on Mp9 and 10.

Having more DPS is always fun, but not if you have to become the pure definition of an glass canon.
Edited by CrniVuk#2227 on 3/30/2013 7:33 PM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]