Diablo® III

Avenger affix

I have no idea what the heck this does. Can anyone enlighten me as to what this affix actually does?
Reply Quote
When you kill one of the mobs the others start doing more damage I think. Every time I see it i just sigh out of relief that it's not vortex.
Reply Quote
Each one you kill makes the others in the pack a) grow larger b) hit harder c) increase attack speed? <- last one I'm not 100% on but it seems that way.
Reply Quote
The mobs hulk up.
Reply Quote
Mobs also increase in size when one of the pack is killed, the problem is the increase in dps is hardly noticeable, now if the damage was really increased after each mob died...

"Ranged" Elite pack of three, after killing the first mob, the other two mobs damage is increased by 100%, so the two are doing substantially more damage than the three did, when the second mob is killed the remaining mobs damage is increased by 500%...

each mob does 100kdps... 300kdps total
first mob dies, each mob remaining does 200kdps...400kdps total
second mob dies each mob remaining does 500kdps...

It would allow players to use some skill to deal with this affix, if you're not geared to handle the increased damage, you could whittle down close to death before killing the first...
Reply Quote
Ahhh. Thanks, guys.
Reply Quote
Mobs also increase in size when one of the pack is killed, the problem is the increase in dps is hardly noticeable, now if the damage was really increased after each mob died...

"Ranged" Elite pack of three, after killing the first mob, the other two mobs damage is increased by 100%, so the two are doing substantially more damage than the three did, when the second mob is killed the remaining mobs damage is increased by 500%...

each mob does 100kdps... 300kdps total
first mob dies, each mob remaining does 200kdps...400kdps total
second mob dies each mob remaining does 500kdps...

It would allow players to use some skill to deal with this affix, if you're not geared to handle the increased damage, you could whittle down close to death before killing the first...

Not necessary to deal with the 500k dps, You can always spread the damage out. It is easier than other affix because we deal aoe like others, no change in game play. Whereas vortex, waller, fire, poison and arcane, you need to reposition yourself.
Reply Quote
Wouldn't this affix be cool if 4 or 5 different monsters come in a pack?
Reply Quote
03/30/2013 03:27 PMPosted by Calamity
As context clues suggest, they receive and deal increased damage when other pack members die.

Well I personally never noticed a difference, which is why I asked. IMO it's a worthless affix for what it does now. I knew what its definition meant, and I saw the movie! :)

And yes, a pack full of 5 different enemies would be pretty damn cool.
Reply Quote
Can groups spawn with both avenger and health link? That would be pretty funny.
Reply Quote
Can't recall if I've ever seen one, but I'm sure it's possible. So far my most hated packs are the Occulists (can have super !@#$ty affixes, too, I just hate how they run away and shield each other. And Succubi when they have archon/frozen/molten/shielding capabilities. Popping WotB usually takes care of it but damn that molten (and I always seem to either get frozen right on the orb part of the arcane beam or right on a fresh molten resurrect).
Reply Quote
health link and avenger will never spawn together. They are in defensive group.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]